I've read a few post from folks who were disappointed in Knott's Scary Farm this year, but I had a very good time so I started this poll to find out if I'm part of a silent majority, or I have unique, blissfully low standards.
Don't hate me for my mostly repeated opinions, but. . .
1. I loved the Boo-fet food quality (especially the meats) and the lines for it which seemed to move faster than in 2009, 2010, and 2011.
2. The mine train ride last year was Mulholland Madness bad, so I was relieved they didn't try to outsuck themselves.
3. The cheerful employees who gave us free glasses of ice water at refreshment windows probably made me feel healthier during the night than the huge servings of soda I got in my cool, plastic souvenir bottles in years past.
4. It was nice arriving at the Knott's parking lot at 5pm, having a TGIF beer, and going into the Boo-fet and the Scary Farm ($50 total plus per person including the Boo-fet with early entry, not including the $20 parking, and not including the <$6 TGIF beer) with a lean pack of just three chillseeking adults. Thanks Micechat for teaching me to lead my own group during the three years I joined you. I still might come along on a Universal outing in the future. I did miss some of the fun-loving Micechatters though!
5. I thought the men's restrooms were very clean thanks to a some hardworking janitors who were spending a lot of time cleaning them.
6. The one teen who tried to skip ahead in a maze line was instantly and professionally stopped by an attentive & quick Knott's security guard who explained to him why skipping is wrong and sent him back to his friends who seemed glad that they didn't follow their loser leader. This security guard was either very well trained or an excellent hire by Knott's which is lucky to have him as part of their mostly happy family. I really like Knott's employees, and their genuinely friendly vibe inspired us to use our season pass about a dozen times last year. (I like Universal too, but it seems like a chore to use the final two of five visits from my $59-for-five-visits Costco pass. Thanks for Transformers, but please hurry with Harry!)
7. The Hanging only needs a couple of funnier writers to be better than ever.
8. There were so many good mazes and inspired monsters this year, and to me that's what it's mostly about.