• Berm Buster

Worth Going to KSF if I'm Seriously Weak stomach-ed?

I know it seems like a stupid thread because the obvious answer would be no, but some of my friends want to go to Knott's Scary Farm this year. Is anything else offered or will I just have a terrible time? Being startled/scared I'd say I'm fine with, but I'm easily disturbed by gore among other things along those lines. :T Are the regular rides (like Silver Bullet) open or is it just the mazes and stuff (sorry I've never been before). Thanks Micechat and sorry for being born weak and sheltered! XD

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Worth Going to KSF if I'm Seriously Weak stomach-ed?

The monsters aren't just limited to the rides and queues they also jump out at you as you're walking through the pathways. If you're that skittish I wouldn't go.

• Circle of Ancients

When you say Weak-Stomached ... is it just when it refers to blood and guts, etc?

If it's just that kind of stuff the only mazes you would have a problem with may be Slaughterhouse, Virus Z, EndGames, and maybe one scene in Terror of London (but not terrible). The others you will be ok with.

Yes, the rides are open but they usually have long lines during Haunt.

• Berm Buster

Yes anything along those lines...like Saw-esque stuff (not that I'd know seeing as I've obviously had no desire to see the movies but from what I've heard...) XD

• Circle of Ancients

I think you'd be ok then, other than those couple of mazes.

There are portions of Haunt that aren't bloody, but I wouldn't encourage you to go if the sight of blood makes you ill. I think you're pushing your luck as one never knows when the next blood-soaked monster will sneak up behind you with a severed limb to thrust in your face.

• Berm Buster

Well I'm going today so wish me luck! :T

• Doombuggy Rider

Knott's isn't as graphic as it used to be; but then again I'm from a generation who grew up watching FACES OF DEATH on video tapes (& sadly, we're in a more volatile world now where graphic news footage can be glimpsed on a daily basis); so that doesn't bother me (why? I'm too interested by how special effects artists achieved the desired effects) ....

What bothers me are mazes that should've been removed a decade ago (ie Clowns with poop humor is stupid, why not give Haunt fans something new & original such as a longer Trick or Treat Maze? Or more space for the Steam Punk themes? Why use the Day of the Dead as a theme if it's just coming off like a boring cartoon?) and 3D doesn't work (it just slows down the queue within a maze). You'll find all of the Rides open (time it right and no line should ever be too long). A great Ghost Story maze is what I would <3 to see next year (if you were entertained, Brer Mole, then I trust you had a nice time @ Knott's) ....

FACT: 99.99% of what was on FACES OF DEATH was fake (which only ads to the legend of its exploitation appeal as people were convinced they were viewing actual newsreel footage (lol)

Faces of Death - The movie that was banned in 40+ countries now in HD

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Team Hail HYDRA

i would not do trapped
    you may not make it out

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Berm Buster

Hello all! I made it out of Knott's Scary Farm alive! The scariest part of the night was definitely the drivers and the traffic on the way to KSF. I sat in traffic for an hour and a half going down Beach Blvd off of the 91 while being cut off left and right by terrible drivers! D:<

All kidding aside, I enjoyed myself despite my initial fears of going and if it would be worth my money. I went on Saturday and experienced Pinocchio Unstrung, Uncle Bobo's Big Top of the Bizarre, Virus Z, and Trick or Treat in that order. I also rode Silver Bullet, but that was obviously the same as it normally is, KSF or not.

Seeing as I went on a Saturday, it was very crowded so we were only able to see those 4 mazes...though I'm not really sure whether I would have wanted to see anymore (my poor heartbeat). ;D JK But I really am glad I went so I can say I went and I was able to appreciate the set design in the mazes (especially Pinocchio Unstrung and Trick or Treat).

As for the scares, I'll admit I slammed/crashed down to the floor a few times (swinging puppet on PU, running out of UBBTOTB at the end, dumpster zombie in VZ), but as I had posted in my first post, I'm fine with being scared (and that's what I paid for right?), just not so much with the blood and gore...though to be fair, I did avoid the ones that sir clinksalot had listed (so I thank you for that!). XD

All in all it was fun despite the long lines, questionable drivers in Buena Park, and the fact that this kind of event isn't really my "thing." So would I go again? Mmmmm...Don't know about that...I think I'll just stick to going to Disneyland during the Halloween season, dressing up and thinking that Snow White's Scary Adventures is the scariest thing in the world. ;D

• Circle of Ancients

Glad you had a great time despite the crowds and your original reservations. If you do decide to go back we do our yearly MiceChat meet which usually get's you front of the line access and a behind the scenes tour of one or more mazes.

Also, if you go on a night other than Saturday it's usually not as busy. I heard that last night it wasn't busy at all.

Glad to hear you had a good time. Traffic before Haunt can be horrible. That's why we do the Boo-fet so that way we are already having dinner while everyone else is arriving to Haunt. I'm glad that you managed 4 mazes and had a good time. You did go on one of the busiest if not the busiest night of the whole event actually.

We went last night Sunday 10/21 and had a better experience with maze lines (able to do them all including the Log Ride and Mine Ride and redid 5 of the mazes as well). We finished everything the first time by 9pm but that was because we had the Boo-fet dinner (we were let into the park at 6:30pm and managed both the Log Ride and Mine Ride and Uncle BoBo's before 7pm when everyone else is let into the park. Also since we have season passes and go often we skip the regular rides because those can be longer than an regular operating day (hence after we ate we rode Ghostrider with NO wait at about 6pm while later on that evening the entire que upstairs, downstairs and que to the entrance was filled. You don't go go Haunt to ride things that you can ride at anytime. That's why people say they don't get to everything.

Mice chat event at Haunt is a blast. Everyone is friendly and you can hang out with the entire group for the entire night if you want to.