Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Why the Policy of "No Pix With Monsters"?

Another reason why monsters are discouraged from taking pictures with guests: If a monster mistakenly places his hand in a certain way, guests complain that the monster sexually assaulted them and the guest has proof. Dont blame knotts for the rule, blame the guests who want free stuff.

• Just drawn that way

As a monster in past haunts...I must say camera's with flashes are EXTREMELY annoying. When your in a Mask your vision is already impaired, the fog, strobe lights, black lights and the contacts most of us choose to wear add to that. "We" monsters have adapted to the elements we must work in, but if you throwing in a Flash of a camera or or the brightness of a screen can be very disorientating.

• Doombuggy Rider

I've made it a rule NEVER to take photos within a Maze unless it didn't interfere with what Parks Guests were experiencing (& I never use flash as that bothers the eyes of everyone). I often take pictures with Monsters within Scare Zones (I ask first, I don't use flash unless it's necessary & even then I ask if flash is ok). I was only able to take a few photos this year, because for the 1st time in 27 years I was disappointed with Knott's Scary Farm (Knott's Corporate needs a better budget next year & I don't want to hear excuses as for why it was so half a r s e this year) & yes times have changed unfortunately with people whipping out their smart phones / tablets without giving a damn if it intrudes on other Park Guest's experience -

1) no souvenir mug & less food variety for the pre scare boo fet (boo in a bad way)
    2) calico mine train had no theming (<3 the ride, hated it with nothing inside)
    3) timber mountain log ride was under themed (<3 theme idea, but it was under used)
    4) mazes continued to be milked to death (ie no more clowns please)
    5) no more up charges (not paying $60 for Trapped, or whatever for front of line pass)
    6) midnight Green Witch Hanging fine, the "other" experience was awful
    7) some "live shows" need to be replaced by something better
    8) Tricksters need to be less rude and more spookie (I got one in trouble)

<3 'd the Haunt Museum, <3 'd seeing Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) who is "fang"tastic for her age, <3 'd bringing back Green Witch, <3 'd the friendly Theme Park Employees, <3 'd the Trick or Treat Bag, <3 'd Ed Alonzo's Live Show - but wouldn't a photo op with Monsters during Pre scare Boo fet (before or after meal time) be a good idea?

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

The mine train was themed, just no actors. And Trapped was well worth an extra $10.But Bobo's really needs to go.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Exactly the Mine ride was even running that way during the day for regular park guests. I found the story of the green witch and what they did have inside was just perfect. Subtle yet effective. Trapped definitely is worth the extra charge especially if you have 6 people that's only an extra $10 per person. I mean really $10 is worth it if you split the cost among 6.

Also I enjoyed the Boo-fet much better this year. My chicken was MUCH MUCH better than even opening weekend. There were other choices and even the cupcakes that had plastic Halloween rings were a nice touch. Thankfully even without a Haunt souvineer bottle the Snoopy ones were a nice touch and mine is going to my nephew. Also it pays to get the Boo-fet because we had the Mine Ride, Log Ride and Uncle BoBo's all done by the time the general public entered at 7pm.

I do have pet peeves not so much about cell phones, cameras, etc but by the light up merchandise. It used to be Knott's would make sure if anyone had them on prior to going thru a maze they'd politely tell them to turn them off. Well our turn thru Slaughterhouse there was a group of 3 ahead of us and the girl had on a pair of light up devil horns. They never asked her to turn me off and it ruined the whole experience for me. I didn't want to go thru again (could have), nor felt well at the end of the evening to go and complain at Guest Relations. Frankly it is rude to those behind someone with something light up in the mazes. I am cool with glow sticks and bracketed because those are a little more dimmer and do not seem as bright as the horns and swords. Now over at Terror of London actually had parents turn off their son's light up sword before entering the maze. Next time if this happens I will just go back ru the maze but I'd love to know why every employee doesn't make sure that light up things are turned off before entering a maze. They make sure no flash photography etc inside yet can't make sure a light up is turned off. My biggest pet peeve at Haunt.

I really thought my second visit on Sunday was far superior to opening weekend. I was actually stalked in Terror of London, terrorizes by the vampires in Dominion of the Dead and even had the Green Witch talk to me in Trick or Treat. Plus I had monsters following me down streets of Ghost Town.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12