Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Knott's announces post Perilous Plunge Plans, 3 new rides

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post

I hope so. But with Cedar Fair and the current Knotts management running things, it probably won't happen. After all Knotts management has publicly stated that according to their accelerometer tests, there is nothing wrong with the ride experience. LOL!
    who are the new management of Knotts? cus they are doing a very bad job. I'm talking about Halloween Haunt with all those stupid changes this year. Oh and the site (knotts.com) sucks too, it was better before.

• Functional & Decorative

Yes, but not a major one. And I left it off my list because the ride has been closed more than its been open.
    That sounds a lot like, "Heads I win, Tails doesn't count."

I mean, 300+ feet isn't major?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

^Just because its tall doesn't mean its a major ride. Sky Tower at SFMM is 370ft, is that a major ride?

I doubt anyone would go out of their way just to ride Windseeker.

The fact is, the park will now have gone 10 years without a major new ride.

Your legs don't dangle over the edge of the Sky Tower at SFMM as it spins. I think that's a major difference.

Also ask people the difference between going up and walking around the Stratosphere, and then actually riding Insanity. There's quite a difference.

And to be honest... I am a person that goes out of my way to ride Windseeker. I enjoy the ride quite a bit.

Besides, what's the big deal about yet another thrill ride? While I like them as much as the next guy, it's the approach SFMM uses. They just add thrill ride after thrill ride... and what do people complain the most about that park? Its lack of flat rides. (Well, among other things.) So now here's Knott's adding two flat rides, and people complain it's not thrilling enough.

Park managers just can't win.
    Last edited by JesterMn; 11-22-2012 at 09:09 AM.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    Besides, what's the big deal about yet another thrill ride? While I like them as much as the next guy, it's the approach SFMM uses. They just add thrill ride after thrill ride... and what do people complain the most about that park? Its lack of flat rides. (Well, among other things.) So now here's Knott's adding two flat rides, and people complain it's not thrilling enough.

Park managers just can't win.
    I agree. But even the "greatest thing" a theme park can add will have it's skeptics. Notice it a lot on here. Many are more concerned about their personal preferences than the overall positive progress of the park they attend.

This addition seems like a great thing for the park overall, although I myself cannot be excited about anything but the atmosphere of the new area.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    who are the new management of Knotts? cus they are doing a very bad job. I'm talking about Halloween Haunt with all those stupid changes this year. Oh and the site (knotts.com) sucks too, it was better before.
    I'm not trying to be argumentative, but could you please be more specific in your criticism. That could help Knott's improve.

I'm disappointed in the new rides. I like a classic scrambler just as I like a ferris wheel or a merry-go-'round, but another ride looks motion sickness inducing, and the other ride resembles the little coaster at Adventure City down the road or one of the few rides I don't like at the Disneyland Resort, Goofy's flight school.

I want two western, Hatfield vs. McCoy haunted houses in Ghost Town that can be plussed at Halloween.

The plants will be welcome in that part of the park, especially if they bring in a bunch of good shade trees and some nice benches. Legoland takes shade seriously and to their credit they've created a nice park I like to hang out in. I'd rather that all parks attempted more innovative & family friendly attractions as Disney sometimes does, but the next best thing for me is an attractive park setting where I can read in the shade while my daughter goes on a ride that's only for kids or that might cause me to hurl or feel awful for 45 minutes afterwards.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-22-2012 at 11:44 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I'm not trying to be argumentative, but could you please be more specific in your criticism. That could help Knott's improve.
    They didn't want to decorate Knott's for Halloween AT ALL this year. not even the hotel or theme park.

That was the decision of the new GM, a person that had originally started out at the Farm, was sent up to Great America and was brought back down to Buena Park. It was a local decision, not corporate. From what I gather his attitude is that if you want to see Halloween at Knotts, buy a ticket to Haunt. They do dress the lobby of the hotel on Friday and Saturday but by Sunday morning most of the decorations are put away until the next weekend. When we did Haunt this year (on a Sunday) that was one of the first things we noticed when we checked in. We inquired at the desk and they informed us that of the new procedure.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Yes, but not a major one. And I left it off my list because the ride has been closed more than its been open.
    ^Just because its tall doesn't mean its a major ride. Sky Tower at SFMM is 370ft, is that a major ride?

I doubt anyone would go out of their way just to ride Windseeker.

The fact is, the park will now have gone 10 years without a major new ride.
    We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one, I think. It's really a matter of opinion, and while WindSeeker may not be a "major" thrill ride in terms of real estate and bang for your buck - I still consider it a thrill ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn
    So now here's Knott's adding two flat rides, and people complain it's not thrilling enough.
    Knott's needs to bring back the charm they had. In my opinion, it started to fizzle out after the Cedar Fair purchase and now other than Ghost Town a few small areas it's pretty much gone. While I don't think going backwards is the answer, I sure wish they would have kept things they had like the Haunted Shack, and even Kingdom of the Dinosaurs. Sure they might not be "grade A" attractions but to me it gave Knott's a special feel and it's own charm instead of the approach they have gone for in recent years.

• will-o-the-whip

Knott's sorely misses Haunted Shack and Kingdom of the Dinosaurs. As others have said, they may not have been top-flight attractions, but they had a lot of charm. It is hard to believe that a park that can put on Haunt every year cannot put together a new year-round Haunted Shack attraction. C'mon already! It's a no-brainer that also provides a marketing enticement to all-season audiences for the yearly Haunt.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    Knott's sorely misses Haunted Shack and Kingdom of the Dinosaurs. As others have said, they may not have been top-flight attractions, but they had a lot of charm. It is hard to believe that a park that can put on Haunt every year cannot put together a new year-round Haunted Shack attraction. C'mon already! It's a no-brainer that also provides a marketing enticement to all-season audiences for the yearly Haunt.
    Yeah, but why do that when there is plenty of room for a scrambler attraction!? Not only is there plenty of room for it now, they've never even had one ever!

Oh they've had Scramblers in the past, in fact this one they've had in storage for a while. It used to be over where the rapids ride is now.

And before that, it was an enclosed space, oddly located very near to where it's going in now. It was called Whirlpool back then. Same Scrambler, now 3 different locations.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Oh they've had Scramblers in the past, in fact this one they've had in storage for a while. It used to be over where the rapids ride is now.
    My post was sarcasm haha.

I wish they'd bring back the haunted shack and the Bear-y tales ride.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast