Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Perris... sounds like Paris but without the wild parties

Re: My final visit to Haunt on Halloweem Night 10/31

Quote Originally Posted by madmonkeygirl View Post
    Nope next year is the anniversary. No where did I see marketing that said 40th Anniversary Haunt. I won't miss the Dia De Los Muertos maze or Uncle Bobo's. The other mazes with exception of End Games (didn't bother with it on Halloween night it's a waste) are definitely for the better.
    You ust have missed the big 40 when you came in the gate. Also the hanging had a 40 years song. I was told that this is the last year for london. so sad!
    Nemo's not in slumberland anymore!

Oh no I don't want to hear that Terror of London won't be back next year. There was a great and terrific Jack the Ripper near the beginning of the maze that would follow me and scare me. There was another really good one in the middle of the maze somewhere all I know is I was petrified. I'm sad to see Terror of London go BUT they better get rid of Dia De Los Muertos and Uncle Bobo's. Those mazes have been there longer than 3 years and need to just go.

Hmmm I went into the park during normal operating hours. The signs and banners I saw said Knott's 40th Annual Haunt (meaning this is #40 not the actual anniversary). I can't wait until next year for the actual anniversary.

• Doombuggy Rider

I'm glad you had a great time madmonkeygirl (& I'm sorry if the Boo-fet wasn't good for you either - in fact? it was my biggest complaint when I attended back on October 4th & I hope that Knott's Management takes note starting with bringing back the souvenir cups) ...

You are correct in that there are some quality Mazes (with some of the best talent inside them) deserve to return (while others should've been retired years ago). I'd rather Knott's have 1/2 the Mazes next year (provided they are all quality Mazes), along with more scares on Timber Mountain Log Ride / Calico Mine Train (both were thee worst experiences for me ever in all the years I attended Knott's Scary Farm) ....

I noticed no reviews of the Live Shows, so I guess its safe to assume you didn't watch The Hanging (I enjoyed the Midnight Hanging only), or see Ed Alonzo (my favorite live show every year during the Halloween Haunt). I noticed also no complaints about what the Tricksters are doing to Park Guests (I'm guessing Knott's Management heard the complaints & acted on them), but I will admit if you are scared? You just gave the Monsters a reason to follow you & keep scaring you (I don't get scared anymore - I'm too busy marveling @ all the work, all the detail, all the great talent in costume & prosthetic make up) ....

I'm not a big fan of being "upcharged", so I didn't do TRAPPED (I think it would be a better experience reserved for Boo-fet Guests to do vs. paying a fee to experience) but it sure would be nice if there were photo ops available with the Monsters. I'm missing Halloween already, but I always appreciate Knott's Berry Farm for hosting a Toy Drive & turning their Theme Park into a Winter Wonderland in Ghost Town / Camp Snoopy ....

I really <3 'd the Museum (it truly allowed Guests to learn what it took to bring Halloween experiences within a Theme Park) & the merchandise was good this year (I say bring back the Green Witch next year) -

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Let's see I did watch the Hanging only on my first visit this year. To me I enjoyed Bill and Ted's much better actually. I just lost interest in the Hangng. However I thought who they hanged was brilliant actually even though I am a huge fan of the movies.

Ed Alonzo was entertaining. I was awe struck at the ending and wondered "how did they do that?"

Unearthed was definitely something interesting tying in the witch and I won't give away the ending because I was totally freaking out.

The Midnight Witch's Hanging was in my view brilliant. Short and what used to be for the Hanging way back. In fact I liked it better than the regular Hanging.

Im glad that I wasn't the only one who didn't like the Boo-fet. The Snoopy cups were a nice touch. I think the reason why they didn't have the usual Haunt cups is because they didn't want daytime guests to see anything sold Haunt related (but they could have just had the Haunt cups for the Boo-fet guests only). Since the park now wants to hide anything related to Haunt from regular daytime guests.

Trapped was good the first time but it's definitely not a repeatable maze with an up charge. I really hope they have an all new maze next year for Trapped and make it both longer and scarier.

The Mine Ride this year was great. I know there were no live actors inside but what they did was awesome in and of itself. It made daytime guests realize that hey the park holds Haunt. It's a great way to advertise. To me the ride is scary enough without any live talent.

The Tricksters. I didn't let them bother me. Maybe because I made sure not to have anything they could take or ruin from me. I think they did tone it down some.

I guess I scare easily and thus when the talent scares me I scream and show I am scared and thus I'm a target for them to come after me.

• Banned User

This was my first year for halloween at the theme parks. I did halloween events at the following: Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Knott's, Universal Studios Florida and Magic Kingdom (yes, I went to both coasts this year). Of all those, my favorite was Knott's, which had the most creative and scary houses/mazes and the best shows. It also didn't have the overcrowding issues which somewhat marred my fun at Universal (an hour wait for a maze??).

My favorite maze? Slaughterhouse. Sick, nasty, brutal. And one of the monsters informed me: "You're next!"

I did like Slaughterhouse this year. It was greatly improved this year over last year. It definitely had more talent in it than last year and wasn't as long but in a good way because last year there was so much dead space that wasn't utilized (with talent either).

This year my favorite maze hands down was Dominion of the Dead followed by Trick or Treat and Pinnochio Unstrung tied for second.

Universal really needs to learn to limit ticket sales and park capacity thus reducing lines. Either that or else have more things to do including shows because with 6 mazes, Terror Tram. 4 rides and 1 show open during Horror Nights is NOT enough to keep the flow of massive crowds.

Knott's has so much to offer. Of their shows we saw 4 of them. There's so much more than just the mazes that the crowds at least because we went on a Saturday opening weekend, Sunday and Halloweem night were very well manageable. We even took time to watch a friend of ours and some monsters scare some girl's in the Ghost Town General Store.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Just wanna point out that Knotts (and pretty much every other theme park) celebrates their annuals and not their anniversaries. Anniversaries would have to be a year long thing, where as Haunt is a month long tradition. So for it being it's 40th time putting on the event, that's what counts. For example, the Academy Awards every year will say the "The xxth Annual Academy Awards " instead of ever mentioning their "The xxth Anniversary of the Academy Awards."

I for one would like to thank you for all of your reports, you are a trooper....all were great nice to read about all of your spooky travels, until next year....see you in the fog...

Good News! There is still a part of this year's Haunt that is still open until January 6th--The Halloween Haunt Museum. You can see the history of the Haunt displayed in costumes, props, photos, etc. They even found one of the Ghosts that I made for the Haunted Mine Ride back in the 70's! There is also a video playing if you have the time to watch and Ted Dougherty's new Halloween Haunt book is being sold in the Museum. Might want to check out Rick West's Theme Park Adventure site for a tour of the Museum. Also Ted's Ultimate Haunt.com site has a virtual ride-thru of the Haunted Mine as it appeared in the early 80's using my photos and an audio tape I made during a ride through the Haunted Mine. Talk about "scared", some trains would exit the Mine with no one in sight as they were all on the floor of the cars or laying down on the seats in terror. What fun!
    Last edited by glowman; 11-14-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Ty for that information. We bought the Haunt book. I couldn't put the book down and read it in no time. I'm glad to hear that the Haunt museum will be open until January 6th. I'm planning a few visits over the holidays so one last visit to the museum.

Thanks for your kind words. I try especially since I really haven't written any trip reports until this year. I wish I had pictures to go along with the reports. My husband took a few. I would rather savor every single moment inside Haunt. I've visited quite a few places this year or a change.

Until next year see you in the fog...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12