Overall analysis of knotts haunt

Having attended three times, I would have to give Knott's haunt, an overall grade of C+.........what was everyone else's feelings? I think TRICK OR TREAT, DOMINION OF THE DEAD, and DELIRIUM were amazing........PINOCCHIO UNSTRUNG showed TONS of potential promise.........EVIL DEAD a total dud.........SLAUGHTERHOUSE and LONDON? boring........PLUS. knotts needs to quit hiring "pissed off ghetto teens" as monsters--I can see it in their tudes--hell bent on making guests feel miserable--if these kids had the same tude towards me OUTSIDE of knott's, i would break their jaw !!!! Overall, borderline between GREAT and absolute DULL...........Scare Zones lacked TREMENDOUSLY.........tricksters an intrusive pain in the ***.....anyways, others thoughts???

Re: Overall analysis of knotts haunt

Hmmm I went to Haunt three times as well with the BEST trip ever on Halloween night. I usually rate Haunt lower than even Universl every year BUT for the first time ever I put it above Universal.

If I had to rate Haunt I'd give it an A+. The new mazes Trick or Treat, Dominion of the Dead and Pinnochio Unstrung were by far the BEST new additions in a very long time. Each one of these mazes is unique and actual was traumatized in one way or another. (The witch making sure I ended up crying on Halloween night.) Dominion of the Dead I think the vampires heard me bad mouthing this maze on our second visit to Haunt. They really upped their game and I literally on Halloween night was near tears. They were definitely blood thirsty not at all sparkly Twilight brooding Vampires at all. I'd scream andid have a vampire start terrorizing me and following me.

The new improvements with Slaughterhouse definitely made it one of my favorites again. Terror of London had me in a panic. A couple of Jack the Rippers really took their roles seriously and definitely terrorized me.

I feel the talent was way better than Universal this year. It seems by Halloween night they definitely found their places and the energy was definitely something even I felt as scared as I was. Yes I'm a wuss when it comes to scary things and I think by Halloween night I was definitely traumatized more so than at the beginning of the season.

Evil Dead log ride this year did fall a little short BUT I was not expecting live talent inside. After all it just seems like I know where they hide and try to scare riders way too easily. So in some ways I think haing the log ride the way it was was fine for me. Plus don't forget that this year they wanted to hide all things Haunt from regular daytime guests. But yet the mine ride was running the same way for Haunt as it was during the daytime as well.

This was a great marketing ploy actually. Too bad they don't have a maze open say from August to allow park guests to see what it's like for Haunt. It would be a great way to advertise. They actually did this so,e years ago with Alien Encounter.

I felt this year being the 40th Haunt Knott's stepped up their game and reminded me why I go to Haunt a few times a year. If they keep this up and keep the new Mazda, get rid of some lame ones (Dia De Los Muertos, Uncle Bobo's and Virus Z) then Haunt is finally going in the direction that will give Universal a run for its money. Next year we plan on going to Haunt more and universal one time if that.

Re: Overall analysis of knotts haunt

Quote Originally Posted by madmonkeygirl View Post
    This was a great marketing ploy actually. Too bad they don't have a maze open say from August to allow park guests to see what it's like for Haunt. It would be a great way to advertise. They actually did this so,e years ago with Alien Encounter.
    Oh how I would love for them to do that again. Having a season pass, I don't think there is a day I wouldn't be down at the park to go through the maze haha.