• some assembly required

Has Anyone Purchased a New AP for KBF??? (For 2013 - Promo Issue)

Has Anyone Purchased a New AP for KBF??? (For 2013)

I just bought my first AP for Knott's. I actually bought several for household members. One member tried to use the Pass for the first time this month. They ran a promotion that if you bought an AP, you could use it ONCE this year as a day ticket. This member of our household had issues redeeming the day ticket. Anyone else have this problem? Ugh! This gives me very little hope that customer service has improved since our last trip.

How could they have this promo and not explain it to all front line employees (let alone a lead/mgr!!!)??? It took them 3 ppl to get the bonus day ticket and/process the AP (I don't know yet how the process works, I am waiting for details).

3 employees and approx 30 min. I am hoping that this doesn't happen to us in December and wanted the advice of those who have had to deal with it and who know the ins & outs of the park (more so than the person I mentioned above. She's not very, um, themepark savey). I am hoping as the year winds down, they will be more on-the-ball with redeeming this promotion.
    Thx in advance for any info!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Minion

Re: Has Anyone Purchased a New AP for KBF??? (For 2013 - Promo Issue)

the one day ticket for 2012 is the day that you buy it. and that's it.

i think

• some assembly required

^no. That can't be it b/c then they would have told her this when they figured out the problem and not eventually let her in.

The site says:

One free visit during the 2012 season*

Additional visits through December 2012 for just $9.99 per day**

*Per Pass holder / non-transferable
    **Per Pass holder / per day / non-transferable

There is no time limit on the site and there is the fact you can have additional visits for just ten bucks.
    ~Jay

(Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Circle of Ancients

Correct, you can use it one day in 2012, doesn't have to be the day you bought it.

Sorry you guys had a bad experience with it, hopefully they will figure it out and the issues will go away.

We'll be getting our AP's soon as well.

Wouldn't you use the free day on the day you get your pass processed? WHY would ANYONE waste their time to go to the park to just get the pass processed and not use it at the same time?

Knott's promotion is lame. Just give away the rest of this year to new passholders. It's also doubly lame that they did away with the Annual Pass for a Season Pass. I stopped getting a pass after they switched to a season pass. Season passes are lame for a park that operates year-round.

I'm confused... What's the difference between a Seasonal Pass and an Annual Pass? Aren't they both good for the entire 2013 year?

an annual pass is good for the entire year starting the day you purchase the pass. a seasonal pass is good just for the calendar year. so if you buy the pass now its good until dec 31st 2013,,,if you buy the pass in april its good until dec 31st 2013 not april 2014
    Snootch to the Nooch!!!!

Although I've got one, I have to agree that a Knott's Seasonal Pass isn't as good an option as an Annual Pass. If only Knott's had annual passes, I believe they'd sell more.

• Banned User

From what I've read here and read on Knott's website, these seasonal passes are pretty incredible bargains that provide a LOT of fun for the price, provided you buy them before the calendar year in question.

I agree with lynxwiler, though, that date-to-date annual passes should also be offered.

Actually, looking at their pricing....even their single day tickets are pretty darned affordable.

Pricing-wise, I think Knott's is doing what Disneyland should be doing.

• Murphy Lover

I bought my pass online in mid October. I ended up using my free entry to Knotts on Nov 11, my sons 5th bday, & I simply took my paperwork that they sent me online to the pass processed place, took my picture and was given my pass for the 2013 year. I took that same pass that they gave me, went straight to the turnstiles and walked right in. No problem.

I am so sorry that you had this issue. I have had nothing but great customer service at Knotts, I am really bummed to hear that you didn't have a great experience.
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Cadensmama07 View Post
    I bought my pass online in mid October. I ended up using my free entry to Knotts on Nov 11, my sons 5th bday, & I simply took my paperwork that they sent me online to the pass processed place, took my picture and was given my pass for the 2013 year. I took that same pass that they gave me, went straight to the turnstiles and walked right in. No problem.

I am so sorry that you had this issue. I have had nothing but great customer service at Knotts, I am really bummed to hear that you didn't have a great experience.
    This is good to hear! What paperwork? I gave her the voucher that I paid for and printed at home with her name on it and nothing else (it was a gift to her they asked for all our names when I bought them online). I noticed there was a 3rd party company called "Accesso" (I think they handle the processing of money for the SP holders, I noticed a payment plan or an option to pay all at once. Retrocool mentioned that this was a great deal, I agree! I could afford to buy several for the holidays.

I will be using my pass in a couple weeks and I hope that I get a smooth transaction too. I asked her (the girl from the OP - my roomie), if maybe they were confused since I was the one who bought it? She didn't know what the problem was really. In her eyes, it just took too long and I agree 30 min is too long to get in. If someone had a similar experience, I was hoping they could explain it so that I could figure out what went wrong. She eventually ended up at guest services!

In the end, if they ironed it all out for every SP holder, then I wont push the issue and I'll just be happy that they fixed whatever communication issues there may have been.

And I suppose I should have said "season pass" and not "annual pass". My bad.
    ~Jay

(Disneyland, circa 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by ericg View Post
    Wouldn't you use the free day on the day you get your pass processed? WHY would ANYONE waste their time to go to the park to just get the pass processed and not use it at the same time?

Knott's promotion is lame. Just give away the rest of this year to new passholders. It's also doubly lame that they did away with the Annual Pass for a Season Pass. I stopped getting a pass after they switched to a season pass. Season passes are lame for a park that operates year-round.

100% agree.

If Universal and Busch/Seaworld can offer season passes along side Annual passes then I don't understand why Knotts can't.

And the whole 1 free visit in 2012 is so stupid, especially when Universal, Six Flags, and Seaworld give you the rest of the year free with a new season pass.