You make some great points Dusty, and if they did all of what you wrote below it would be AMAZING. Unfortunately, I just don't see it happening, some of it, sure. My thoughts on your suggestions:
My wish list:
- Remove Silver Bullet (it is a great coaster but destroys any attempt for the park to regain its theme park status).
Unfortunately I don't see this EVER happening. The park spent entirely too much $$ on it and with it being a unique layout it would be hard to move it to another park easily. Plus, this type of ride just isn't built much anymore as any park who would need an inverted coaster already has one. Plus I think every Cedar Fair park except Valley Fair has one. At the very least though I'd love it if they re-did the queue/station and did some placemaking around the ride to make it blend better with Ghost Town, including a paint job.
- Build a new family Dark Ride in the old Kingdom of the Dinosaur space.
Unfortunately from what I've heard it would be cheaper to tear down the entire building and rebuild it for that to happen.
- Build a Peanuts themed Dark Ride in Camp Snoopy.
LOVE this idea!!!
- Remove the upcharge swing ride and put in a walk-through haunted house.
This too. What an incredibly easy fix, or put in a Desperado's which I refer to down a little bit.
- Refresh the Mystery Lodge show.
Should have been done like 10 years ago.
- Add seasonal festivals (Food and Wine, Flower and Garden, Octoberfest, Craft Festival, etc.).
This would also be awesome. I could see all of them working except Octoberfest (due to Haunt).
- Add a nicely themed table service restaurant to the park (something a step up from Ghost Town Grill but not as fancy as Carthay Circle or Blue Bayou). Since Fiesta Village has suffered the most under the hands of Cedar Fair, it would be a great location to add a well themed restaurant (music, entertainment, great Mexican food, etc).
This I'm not so sure is needed. I would rather have a snoopy themed sit-down restaurant in Camp Snoopy. Between Ghost Town Grill, Mrs. Knott's, TGI Fridays, Coasters, Spurs and even Amber Waves I'm not so sure a more upscale sit-down place is needed.
- The Boardwalk needs far more trees and gardens. It is a vast and depressing area at the moment.
- Build mountains around Sierra Sidewinder and Pony Express. Doing so would strongly enhance the feeling of the park. You should feel as if you are galloping across hills on Pony Express and Sierra Sidewinder should live up to the concept art they they showed to the city.
I love this idea!!! My only issue is that with Pony Express that it would further take away from the Ghost Town themeing. I would have preferred if they would have moved this to where the mouse is going and put a Desperado's ride where Pony Express is now. Here is the Desperado's.
- Enhance the shops and experiences in the Marketplace.
This is a take-it or leave-it thing for me and would be on the bottom of my list at the moment.