Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Anyone else forget that Knott's is now owned by Cedar Fair?

I went to Knott's a few months ago, it definitly has improved alot since the last time I was there. The atmosphere is alot nicer now. Only complaint is, not alot of rides for people that don't like thrill rides. Also, disabled people don't have much options. My husband is in a wheelchair and the only ride he was able to get on was the train ride. And there's not much to see on the train, definitly needs an update. Also, alot of the bathrooms didn't have disabled toilets or they were out of order. I'd love to see a snoopy dark ride. Especially one that a wheelchair could roll onto, like Disneyland has. If I lived in California right now, I'd buy their yearly pass, just to walk around the park. A few years back, no way!

• New Member Goes Forth

It can be seen who owns the park with the large rollercoasters, but the detail in the original area really transports me to another place. It is still a special place.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

They basically turned Knott's into a mini Magic Mountain.

Not really, although I do agree that Silver Bullet is more than a bit intrusive on Ghost Town ( I would consider it a canidate for moving outside of the current park area in the future). It's not wall to wall coasters, and with one of the Knott family on the board of directors I don't think that it would have gotten that far. Remember the Knott's installed five coasters with a sixth one in the pipeline when they sold to Cedar Fair. Now CF has installed five on top of what was already there. It's likely that Coast Rider may be the last high ride for a while, if any.
    Last edited by Dutchman; 06-17-2013 at 09:40 AM.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalJenn View Post
    I went to Knott's a few months ago, it definitly has improved alot since the last time I was there. The atmosphere is alot nicer now. Only complaint is, not alot of rides for people that don't like thrill rides. Also, disabled people don't have much options. My husband is in a wheelchair and the only ride he was able to get on was the train ride. And there's not much to see on the train, definitly needs an update. Also, alot of the bathrooms didn't have disabled toilets or they were out of order. I'd love to see a snoopy dark ride. Especially one that a wheelchair could roll onto, like Disneyland has. If I lived in California right now, I'd buy their yearly pass, just to walk around the park. A few years back, no way!
    This is the main reason why we don't go to Knott's. Also a lot of the rides aren't plus sized friendly either. Disneyland is a "one size fits all" kind of theme park and that's what we love about it.

• Former Churro Jockey

It seems like Knott's is doing sort of a 2-steps-forward-1-step-back kind of thing right now. On the one hand, they've cleaned up the park quite a bit and put in some really nice plants and foliage that instantly make the park look a lot nicer. They've also added some really nice things specifically for the fans that probably aren't going to make them any more money such as the Haunt museum and the live blacksmith. They are refreshing Ghost Town, and they seem to have upgraded the food in some parts of the park. On the other hand, the new family Boardwalk area is very disappointing to me because it's the same rides as DCA and the OC Fair. They've done a solid job with Haunt, although they haven't kept pace with Universal. They are still very budget-friendly, but maybe they need to charge a little more because the rides break down way too frequently.

So here would be my list of improvements:

1. Chicken Dinner Restaurant - this should be the crown jewel of Knott's, and while it is popular, the chicken isn't any better then KFC. I don't know if they're using the same recipie, or if it's the quality of the chicken they use (my guess is the latter), but they need to bring this back to the kind of restaurant that people visit Knott's specifically to see.

2. Shade - I mentioned on another thread that people should try to avoid Knott's in the summertime if they can because it's so darn hot. They badly need a lot of trees and shade in several large sections of the park. The Boardwalk and the line for Xcelerator are probably the worst.

3. Year-round Haunt maze - how is it possible that Universal has this and Knott's, the park that invented Halloween Haunt, does not?

4. Family rides - they don't have to be completely original, but please have them be nicer then the OC Fair.

5. Improve the mine ride the same way you did the log ride
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123