Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Where to eat at Knotts?

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    The food at knotts is more expensive then disneyland.
    Sorry, but I totally disagree. Look no further than the parks' cookie prices. A chocolate chip cookie at Knott's is $1.50 and and Dland it's $3.49.

How about bottled water? $10/four bottles at Knott's and $11.16/four bottles at Dland.

Another thing to consider is doing take-out from Mrs. Knott's Chicken. Find a nice quiet place to watch people and eat your dinner. The line for take-out was shorter than to get a table when I was there.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lynxwiler View Post
    Sorry, but I totally disagree. Look no further than the parks' cookie prices. A chocolate chip cookie at Knott's is $1.50 and and Dland it's $3.49.

How about bottled water? $10/four bottles at Knott's and $11.16/four bottles at Dland.
    when ever I eat a full meal at knotts it's alway more expensive then disneyland. I have passes to both. I let my pass go to knotts because it is way more expensive to eat there disney is alot better value.

• Functional & Decorative

when ever I eat a full meal at knotts it's alway more expensive then disneyland. I have passes to both. I let my pass go to knotts because it is way more expensive to eat there disney is alot better value.
    Because it's more expensive to eat? What about the price difference between the APs themselves?

Granted I have not done a side by side comparison, but Knott's does not seem out of line with any other amusement/theme park when it comes to dining prices.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

I completely disagree. My annual pass to Knott's is $89 and my annual pass to Disneyland was over $600. I'll save a lot more money eating at Knott's than I will by eating at Disneyland.

By the way, Knott's serves beer and wine while Disneyland does not. No has brought that up yet, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    Because it's more expensive to eat? What about the price difference between the APs themselves?

Granted I have not done a side by side comparison, but Knott's does not seem out of line with any other amusement/theme park when it comes to dining prices.
    Knott's does not appear to be dramatically overpriced when it comes to food. If that's the primary reason for cancelling an AP, it seems a bit odd to me. Now the question of value is totally subjective as it pertains to the AP. The price of the AP is obviously considerably less at Knott's v DL but the enjoyment one gets from the parks themselves may justify paying a higher price. We could no longer justify DL.

As for the original question, Ghost Town Grill was pretty good and there is always Pinks right outside. I don't think you can go wrong with Mrs. Knott's if you are a fried chicken fan. Beyond that, most of what we've tried (and that's limited) has been standard theme park food and definitely not on par with Disney who we all know has dramatically stepped up their game.

Quote Originally Posted by lynxwiler View Post
    By the way, Knott's serves beer and wine while Disneyland does not. No has brought that up yet, I think.
    Yes, that was a nice plus having a beer while sitting on the patio at Ghost Town Grill. That being said, I enjoyed my adult beverages at DCA as much if not more.

• Mmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Another thing to consider is doing take-out from Mrs. Knott's Chicken. Find a nice quiet place to watch people and eat your dinner. The line for take-out was shorter than to get a table when I was there.
    This is what we always do too. It's much cheaper and you can order exactly what you want. We always get one chicken noodle soup per person, a bunch of chicken legs, and two dozen rolls. Honestly the chicken soup is our favorite, so we don't really need the huge meal like they serve in the restaruant. (This is making me very, very hungry)
    Team Captain
    No Time for Snack Bar
    Go ahead, wait in line for that Pineapple Whip. I won't stop you.

The mention of chicken soup makes me want to plan a trip to Knott's now. I didn't get to try it last time.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Knotts has the BEST chicken soup

• Banned User

really? You must be purchasing double of something Somewhere. This is Very doubtful. I spend leas than 40 for Good food. While at it, this is With & without the season pass as I just purchased one late last yr prior to halloween haunt

• Banned User

DCA has two stalls to buy beer from but i know what you're referring to: their restaurants in general & I agree, knotts is the better choice. Anywho, all of this is off topic to what i was going to post for the og thread creator. You're best bet is to go to Slaters 50^2 at a decent time. trust me you won't regret it. it's in anaheim but heck you're about 10mins away anyhow unless you drive like a slug

• New Member Goes Forth

The dine on the boardwalk is great, I recommed that eatery
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12