Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• HYDRA

Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Re: Stagecoach crash

Knott's has been having some trouble lately, haven't they? Very sad. Fun park- don't want them to get this kind of thing happening.

I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• HYDRA

It's very sad
    wonder what section of the trail it was on
    and I was on it on Thursday
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

•   
    • Banned User

"Guest safety is Knott’s number one priority.” - from that article

Their history says otherwise and yet the accidents keep coming in.

What about the horses that pull the stage coach, are they ok?

Have they reopened the swings since people got stuck in the air for 5 hours in October?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

This is not the first time there has been an incident with the Stage Coaches. And to answer someone elses question Windseeker is still down. Knott's has tried to get the message out that its change its ways. But underneath the lick of paint its still the same Knott's being run into the ground by Cedar. I says its time for them to sell the park and give it to Disney. I seriously don't hold enough of a sentimental vaule to care if the Ghost Town is ripped apart anymore. Disney can donate the buildings to someone else who will look after them with care and away from ugly sightlines.

• Koubu Pilot

Good thing it wasn't a fatal accident. That would be very bad for Knott's. It was damaging to Disneyland when the Columbia and Big Thunder accidents happened, even before Disney was cited as being at fault. I'm sure the last thing they need is a new Peanuts special called "I Got Injured at Your Theme Park, Charlie Brown".

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Should we shut down the freeways because accidents happen? Of course not. The stagecoach ride is an authentic Old West experience. That is why people line up to ride it. Stagecoach rides are kinda rare these days ya know...

I've rode the stagecoaches at Knotts...and, given the chance, I will ride them again. Unless that wheel was loosened on purpose there is absolutely no story here. Lawyers should crawl back under their rocks...continue to check the wheels every mornin' as a matter of procedure, of course...and, then, hitch up the horses boys...I'm ready to ride.

Reporters should check out some of the accidents out there on the freeways...that'll keep them very busy on a daily basis.

Long live the stagecoaches at Knotts Berry Farm! They are a genuine, authentic, real, honest to gosh experience in American history! And, let's hope someday they bring them back to Disneyland U.S.A..

We could all do with a little more real and a little less plastic...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 01-01-2013 at 07:30 AM.
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• Musical Fireman

I hope they don't shutdown the Stagecoaches. There is a reason why they are called accidents, the roller coasters are one thing but such a simple ride is the last one anyone would expect an accident to occur on.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

I hope they fix and keep the stagecoaches. Loved riding them. Not a thrill ride, but just really nice. Real horses, a real stagecoach, kind of a piece of history.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Master of Disaster

Tell me I am not the only one who saw this story and thought 3 injured and Billy died of dysentery. Name:  OregonTrail-BrokenAxle.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  44.8 KB

•   
    • Banned User

I think quite a few of us had that image in our heads. Nice call.

Wild Ol' Dan is right, I don't want to see it shut down either. What I want them to do is spend the right amount of time and effort on assuring things are repaired and working properly. Shutting it down is going in the opposite direction, and to the extreme. All people want to see if regular safety and maintenance. Is this asking too much? I wish they would but like I said before, their track record is attracting attention. It's not "bad" but the way I'm hearing about accidents at the park, it's starting to move the needle into the red.

I haven't been to Knotts all that much. I just happened to be there on Sunday and I walked past the emergency vehicles as I was going to the park. I didn't think much about it. Figured it was just someone who was sick or tripped and they were just over doing it. I was kind of disappointed to see the stagecoach was shut down but I really didn't know why. Over two years ago, the last time I was there, the stagecoach broke down lol The horses couldn't make it up the hill near camp snoopy and there were about 8 people pushing the coach. I got to say, Knotts is pretty lame, but it's cheap!

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    "Guest safety is Knott’s number one priority.” - from that article

Their history says otherwise and yet the accidents keep coming in.
    And Disneyland has been blameless in accidents? Do we not remember the Columbia and BTMRR killing people who were not at fault?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Banned User

Uh-oh, my kid tripped over his feet and fell down on the pavement. Let's ban feet and pavement now. Sheesh.

It's good nobody was hurt, but yes, let's continue to have the stagecoach. Not many of them still left. Can't just get rid of them because of an occasional accident, especially when nobody gets hurt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast