• Parking Lot > DCA

Matt Ouimet on Season Pass Podcast - A new dark ride in the future?

I was listening to the new Season Pass podcast today, because I was interested in Matt's story and curious to see if had anything to say about the future of Knott's. Personally, I think Matt is (and has been) doing a fantastic job and that goes for what he has done for the Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, and Disneyland park as well. I highly suggest you listen to the podcast, which can be found here.

At one point Matt mentioned that Cedar Fair is working with a new company, which he did not name, on coming up with a new dark ride that could be incorporated into all their parks. They briefly talked about Knott's and how they are working hard to keep the classics that are left in good condition (specifically the Timber Mountain Log Ride and the Mine Train) and he had this to say as well..

This is more than I should say but I think we'll end up back in the Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building, probably not with the way it used to be, but with something else thats interesting
    I would like to think that they are going to utilize this building for a future dark ride which he sort of hinted at being a possibility earlier. Regardless I am glad to hear that at some point it will be used again. At least it gives us a faint light at the end of the tunnel as opposed to the continual rotting of the corpse that is there now.

Thoughts?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Matt Ouimet on Season Pass Podcast - A new dark ride in the future?

I would love to see it come back...it was a great ride and if they threw in some new effects I think it would fair well but Knotts has to remember the reason this ride had lost its appeal is because it was never updated...unless your a coaster you need some new effects every few years to keep people coming back

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

It was an incredible interview!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I've been waiting to see what kind of stories pop up if/when he is spotted at the Disneyland Resort this weekend.

He really seems like he is going to be taking Cedar Fair in a different direction focusing less on big coasters.

• Merry 2014!

Hooray for a CEO that gets theme parks are about families and shared ride experiences! I'm glad he is researching a way to bring quality dark rides at reduced cost since most companies don't have the capital Disney can throw at it's attractions when it wants. Matt has a very unique philosophy that seems to serve him well. Fantastic podcast!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Circle of Ancients

What a great podcast. Really fantastic. Matt just seems like such an awesome down to earth guy. I see such great things for Cedar Fair in the future.

Hallelujah, hopefully they renovate that entire building to incorporate an epic dark ride. Such as waste of valuable real estate as it currently is.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I very much hope this 'comes true' and that building gets a new dark ride - Peanuts seems a natural choice and that could be good if done well, with charm and some ambitious effects, but of course I'd love even more a original concept/spookhouse type done for a family audience.

It would be really great to see that. I've heard that the building will require a complete stripping in order to install a new attraction. I would say don't expect a resurrection of Kingdom, it's just not in the cards.

• New Member Goes Forth

That is a nice interview, hopefully, a new dark ride will happen soon
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Excellent interview. Will be interesting to see if this comes to fruition as it is truly needed, especially in a park with limited space for expansion. Appreciate how open Matt was with the guys, talking about the challenge of building with much smaller budgets than someone like Disney.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

That was truly a great interview! And I am going to be totally honest this really got me in the mood to want to go visit Knotts again - and I am being serious when I say that nothing Disney has done has made me so excited!

Can you imagine if Knotts builds a new original quality dark ride? What a breath of fresh air!