Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Musical Fireman

Re: Timber Mountain Log Ride Re-opening, Live updates.

Its like the Log Ride has a history of shorting out on opening days. Remember when we read that Bud Hurlbut near jumped into the water after the power went down? This could very well be a very weird coincidence...How I wish I had shares in the Calico Logging AND Mining Companies...I would be a rich young man!!

See ya walking right down the middle of ole Main Street USA!

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

I was telling a friend this is like Christmas and Santa is late. Open. Open. Open. We want photos. We want photos. (Sorry, can't wait until Sunday when I will hopfully be able to ride it.)
    Greetings from Disneyland California!

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Still no word as to when the ride itself will open. Engineers can be seen at top of drop hill.

As of 3PM, #knottslogride is still not open. We'll check back later today to see if it opens #logwatch
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Logwatch.....giggle.

• Musical Fireman

Does anyone else feel bad for Ethan Wayne? Sounded like he had his heart set on going on the Log Ride again like his first ride in 1969. He probably left hours ago...Hopefully he'll go back and ride it for the first time once all the bugs are worked out! From the twitter posts they're almost ready finally!

See ya walking right down the middle of ole Main Street USA!

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Went to the ceremony and it was great. Boardwalk had been open since 7:30 for ERT for Passholders and I was able to get on Coast Rider with about a 10 minute wait. Even with Timber Mtn. not quite ready for riders, it was worth going. The ride is a lot more technologically advanced now than it was, so I'm fine with waiting.

The exterior new trees and paint job look AMAZING - then you look across the way and see the crumbling and moldy Mine Ride exterior, so I really, really hope she's next.

The atmosphere in the park was very celebratory - they had every costumed employee out and about greeting guests and tons of management, as well as many familiar Disney faces, were all there. It was a really nice atmosphere.

As I was leaving, the hordes of school field trip kids were pouring in to ruin the atmosphere. LOL, j/k (a little)
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Hopefully they get the ride going tomorrow and some reports start to trickle in - thank you for your coverage, Fishy, and glad you had a good time SpectroMan!

I heard that the Mine train is next, then The long waited Kingdom of the Dinosaurs is next.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

@laderalady Thanks!

The #KnottsLogRide flume is about to be filled as the ride gets ready to reopen, nearly seven hours after it was rededicated this morning.

It's almost time to ride! #KnottsLogRide

The flume is filled and @knotts team members are getting ready to finally open #KnottsLogRide!

Logs are now cycling through #KnottsLogRide as the ride goes through its final tests before opening!

#KnottsLogRide now has a height requirement: Riders 36" and above can ride with an adult and riders 46" and above can ride alone.

Timber Mountain Log Ride is full of water and testing with riders.

Looks like #KnottsLogRide may be having issues with logs getting stuck at dispatch.

@TPAMagazine thanks for all the retweets!

Knott's Team Members are now notifying guests waiting in line that #KnottsLogRide will not be opening today due to technical difficulties.

The official call has been made: #KnottsLogRide will not be opening today. No word on if it will open tomorrow.

@TPAMagazine don't be bummed! They just made the call that the ride won't be opening today!

Folks, if you're at @knotts and are upset #KnottsLogRide isn't opening, please be kind to Knott's team members—they're disappointed as well!

Thus ends the saga of the Knott's Timber Mountain Log Ride for today. We stayed till the very last, hoping that the shy Log Ride would finally make its debut but it was not meant to be today. Stay tuned as we will be back tomorrow morning with a full article on the days events along with continued coverage.

It must also be noted that this coverage simply would not have happened without the stalwart dilligence of the MiceChat reporters, Jeff Heimbuch, Andy Castro, and Matt Jurgens. These three spent the entire day tweeting, photographing, and hoping that they would have a look inside the mountain. They are due all of the credit here. I was merely reposting their work from Twitter.

Thanks guys! We'll be back at it tomorrow. Promise!

"All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Not sure if folks remember but Splash Mt. Opening kept getting pushed over and over due to issues. There was so much anticipation waiting for it to finally open. Much like this! Thanks for all the updates and photos. Let's hope they have better luck tomorrow.
    Greetings from Disneyland California!

• Goofy

wonderful pictures thanks. looking foward to seeing more.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I had a wonderful time there this morning for both openings. Met lots of old friends and made some new ones. It's always good to see Ethan Wayne (sigh) and of course Charles Phoenix and his Boysenberry suit was a must see! And the Ghost Town Miners (formerly Miner 49er at DCA and who now work for Knotts in the Summer) were there to provide music. It was all good, ride open or not.

As I understand it, the show will be on on the main stage in Calico Square. It sounds like it will be very entertaining.

I have to admit that I had a tear in my eye as so many kind words and awards were given to the late Bud Hurlbut, the designer and operator of the Timber Mountain Log Ride Thursday during the opening ceremony. Ethan was most gracious and kindly posed for photos, handshakes, and conversation. The display in Wilderness Hall was very well done. The model photos I have seen posted so far are of the first model of the ride when the logs floated directly into the first forest scene upon leaving the Sawmill. The other model represented the ride as it appears today where upon leaving the Sawmill, you float along the backside of the mountain continuing on the Eastern side before entering the first forest scene and floating through the valley which is full of activity. The delay in opening, as I understand it, was due to some technical adjustments. After the water flowed in the late afternoon, I heard that the reason for not opening after waiting riders saw the water flowing and several logs running the course, was because the ride could not open to the public until the inspectors had done their inspections. Word circulated that the inspection would be conducted, but not until after the park closed for the day. That being said and the inspection goes well, the ride should open on Friday. I can hardly wait to experience this refurbished classic Bud Hurlbut attraction. I feel riders will truly enjoy this "labor of love" that Knott's Berry Farm and Garner Holt Productions have put into this historic attraction.

Yes, I remember that too. Splash Mountain was supposed to open in January '89 but didn't open until Summer '89. They had to make new logs and modifications to the flume to so guests wouldn't be completely soaked.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast