Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Timber Mountain Log Ride Re-opening, Live updates.

Quote Originally Posted by TRONAlex View Post
    I heard that the Mine train is next, then The long waited Kingdom of the Dinosaurs is next.
    Not quite.

Something is going to be done with the former building that KotD was in, and it looks like we may get another dark ride, but all is hearsay until anything is actually announced.

On Press Day Thursday, I was told that the models would be going back to the Orange County Archives in Santa Ana today. I think you can call them and find out how you can see them or any other archival items on the Log Ride, Mine Ride, and Bud Hurlbut.

Kinda sucks for anyone that went that day, at least those that aren't passholders, specifically for the event. Man if I paid for parking plus admission for a ride that didn't even open...

I have very fond memories of this ride from when I was young riding it in the late 80s and early 90's. The best parts was the dark pitch black tunnel with a little drop and the top of the big drop. The big one had a sensor on top that if you either stood up or just waved your arms, a computerized voice would loudly warn "Sit down!" If you waved your arms enough, you could get it to go "Sit sit sit down!" Still makes me laugh to this day. Now though I have fond memories of Knotts having grown up in Buena Park, I'm still a die hard Disney fan at heart. So if Disney were to change an original, I might be a little upset depending on the ride or what was done. But even with Knotts, I think the overall new look of the ride looks FANTASTIC and they did a great job. Perhaps the next time in California I may have to go there and ride it again.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

The Knott's Timber Mountain Log Ride models are now owned by Orange County Archives in Santa Ana. You can see them there.

• New Member Goes Forth

The refurbishment of this classic is great and if this can be replicated with other attractions, then let it continue
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123