Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• ITS A TRAP

Re: The 2013 Knott's Scary Farm News Thread!!!

Mazes that wont be returning are dia, bobo's, london, fallout shelter. Pretty sure slaughterhouse will return since they redid the whole thing last year. I went to knotts like a month ago and trick r treat, endgames, dominion and delirium were all still up.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

• Circle of Ancients

Returning Maze Announcement

Endgames:

The world as we know it has ended. The survivors in this barren desert have scavenged to rebuild society. Few are safe. The rich and powerful have turned all others into slaves for sport. Enter the post apocalyptic arena where the gladiators are forced to battle to their deaths for entertainment...and the games will be televised.

Endgames returns with all new scares. Look for a new path of destruction and unseen horrors.
    Another one that I think has a LOT of potential, if done right.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I'm hoping that that the redo with the log ride gives them more chances to plus the terror on the ride and add some new effects

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I'm hoping that that the redo with the log ride gives them more chances to plus the terror on the ride and add some new effects
    I believe Knotts confirmed that after the refurb, when it was announced, the ride will not be used for KSF.

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    I believe Knotts confirmed that after the refurb, when it was announced, the ride will not be used for KSF.
    I could have sworn that one of the benefits to the refurb was so they could continue using it for the Haunt, as rumors were last year that in its current state it would no longer be used due to safety issues.

It is indeed a sad day if they no longer use the attraction.

In case some people did not see the e-mail on July 10th for annual pass holders they will be doing a special haunt preview in the Charles Schultz Theater. You need to get a wristband at the Haunt Museum beginning at 10am. One wrist band per person per pass. then @ 7pm the ghoulish fun will start.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Trick Or Treat is confirmed as returning as well.

"Returning Maze:

"TRICK-OR-TREAT"

It's Halloween Night and that old house on the corner is the last place anyone should go trick-or-treating at. All the kids know that something evil lives there. But here you are ringing the doorbell... Maybe the kids were wrong. Maybe you'll get some candy. Maybe you'll make it home tonight. Or maybe you'll venture inside and never be seen again.

From the poisoned hand of Haunt Designer Brooke Walters comes a journey through childhood terror you won't forget.

Trick-Or-Treat returns for 2013 with so many changes you'll swear it's an all new nightmare. Grab your pumpkin pail and meet your friends out front...it's Halloween and it's time to face the terror."

Very glad to hear that, and if they tweak it and improve from last year, can only be better - the last room had flow issues, since tried to do it as more of a 'show'. But the design overall was beautiful and tons of detail to look at. Glad will get to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by toothless drew View Post
    In case some people did not see the e-mail on July 10th for annual pass holders they will be doing a special haunt preview in the Charles Schultz Theater. You need to get a wristband at the Haunt Museum beginning at 10am. One wrist band per person per pass. then @ 7pm the ghoulish fun will start.
    Don't forget, the Mistress of the Dark will also be on hand... She might have some news of her own. *Wink* *Wink*

• Circle of Ancients

Returning Show:

THE HANGING

Once again, it's time for the citizens of Calico to gather in the square and terminate the turmoil that has terrorized their territory! Featuring amazing stunts, biting satire and gallons and gallons of blood, The Hanging is a can't miss show that skewers the events and celebrities of the past year. The lights are dimming...it's time to scream for blood!

The Hanging returns to Calico Square with more blood, more violence and more of everything that has made it a Knott's Scary Farm tradition for years and years...

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Returning Show:

THE HANGING

Once again, it's time for the citizens of Calico to gather in the square and terminate the turmoil that has terrorized their territory! Featuring amazing stunts, biting satire and gallons and gallons of blood, The Hanging is a can't miss show that skewers the events and celebrities of the past year. The lights are dimming...it's time to scream for blood!

The Hanging returns to Calico Square with more blood, more violence and more of everything that has made it a Knott's Scary Farm tradition for years and years...
    No way, the Hanging is returning?!?!?!? So completely unexpecte...yeah that's an obvious one. Still one of my favorite events at the Haunt every year, only show we always make sure to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Returning Show:

THE HANGING

Half the fun is in guessing just WHO will be on the rope!

So who all is gonna be there tomorrow? I'm planning on showing up around 8 or so to line up at the gates. I managed to trade off my shift tomorrow to make sure I could go. Gonna be kinda bummed if I don't get a wristband >_>

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by DLLEGEND View Post
    Mazes that won't be returning. . . bobo's. .
    No terrifying clowns? When this is confirmed, there will be a happier, more relaxed Norm.

Well, despite how horribly organized things were this morning, I did manage to get my wristband for the Haunt preview event tonight. That said, I am really really disappointed in Knott's. Get there at 7 something, get in line with a handful of other folks. We wait for 2 hours or so, line is getting pretty big, Knott's cast members start telling people just showing up to start forming new lines to get in, basically a big eff you to all of us that had been there early and waited patiently. So they let all 3 lines in at the same time, and of course there was the usual run through the gates, we were all stopped a short ways from the Haunt Museum, where the bands were to be distributed, and told that we were going to be held until 10 and then allowed through to line up again. Yeah, as more and more jackholes started scooting forward bit by bit, a bit of chaos broke through as people just started running passed the lone employee holding the crowd back. So had to run yet again to go and get in line. As I said, I managed to get my pass but this even is off to a terrible start, what horrible organization.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

No terror of london

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast