Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The 2013 Knott's Scary Farm News Thread!!!

Following along right now on twitter.

New mazes announced:

• Gunslinger’s Grave (Western themed, lots of it said to be outside)
    • Black Magic (relating to Houdini and his spiritualism/seance investigations and his ghost)
    • Forevermore (Edgar Allen Poe, we knew this one)
    • Dominion of the Damned (replacing Dominion of the Dead, I expect it to be related.)
    • Mirror Mirror (steampunk environment somehow involving the Green Witch and her victims (?) )

Fallout Shelter, Dia de los Muertos. Uncle Bobo's and Terror of London are also not returning.

Slaughterhouse, Delirium, Trick or Treat, Endgames, Pinocchio Unstrung, Witch's Keep (Mine Ride) and TRAPPED (retooled) returning.
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 07-10-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• former CM

What are the dates for Knott's Scary Farm in 2013?
    When will tickets go on sale?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Tickets are on sale now for the park itself! (not the MiceChat event)

First night is September 26. Here's the link with all info.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Full descriptions of the new mazes and scare zones from the website:

Mirror Mirror: Enter a world where madness is just a looking glass away. What is real and what is an illusion? A cursed mirror absorbs everyone into a mechanical wasteland of despair. Hideous creatures of beauty and horror stalk the mirror world, hoping to draw another victim into a nightmarish labyrinth. (Necropolis/former Fallout Shelter space?)

Black Magic: The veil between the living and the dead is severed when Houdini’s ghost materializes during a séance and ushers a host of demonic illusions to play tricks on anyone who intrudes on his theatre. From the prop room to the main stage this dilapidated theatre will make visitors skin crawl. Will you be part of the disappearing act? (Carnevil/formerly Uncle Bobo's?)

Dominion Of The Damned
    : The Blood Queen’s reign has ended as she goes to regenerate after her long reign. In the new cycle ancient vampire lore decrees there shall always be one to rule the damned... Long live the King! (Gypsy Camp)

Forevermore: The twisted mind of Edgar Allen Poe comes alive as the “Forevermore Killer” works his way through one haunting tale after another. All the victims, driven mad by a combination of drugs and torture, unwittingly find themselves a part of “The Raven,” “The Tell-Tale Heart,” “The Pit and the Pendulum,” The Masque of Red Death” among others. Guests will want to catch up on their reading to stay a chapter ahead of their demise. (Mystery Lodge/formerly Terror of London)

The Gunslinger's Grave: Return to the Old West and walk in the bloody footsteps of a betrayed and left for dead gunslinger on his path to retribution against a corrupt township. This journey back in time takes guests on a trail of terror through abandoned gold mines, a treacherous corral, a seedy saloon and a final showdown at town hall. (Ghost Town/Location unknown???)
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 07-10-2013 at 07:51 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Scare zones/'AtmosFear' areas are repeats listed so far: CarnEvil, Gypsy Camp, Ghost Town, Necropolis.

Shows:

Carny Trash: “Carny Trash” offers up Aye Jaye a comedy sideshow and magic act with impeccable comedic timing and a master of the unexpected.

Elvira's Sinema Seance: In the Ghoul Time Theatre, a Knott’s Scary Farm legend returns – Elvira Mistress of the Dark! starring in “Elvira’s Sinema Séance.” Elvira is back in all her ghoulish glory as she dabbles in telekinesis, plays the lead in film parodies, and bringing her own mixture of sassy and sexy. Elvira will be joined by the Academy of Villians, this unique dance team was featured on America’s Got Talent and merge hip hop choreography with freestyle dance. Appearing live 9/26 – 10/31.

Cursed: The Gypsy Camp area will present “Cursed” featuring the magical and hypnotic powers of the beautiful Gypsy dancers.

Possessed: Where guests experience a new kind of terror as ghosts of the past are released and possession is their goal. “Possessed” is filled with evil spirits and ghastly special effects that will bring a new dimension to your nightmares. (Mystery Lodge)

Blood Drums: This high energy drumming quartet is known for their unique blend of amazing percussion skills.

The Hanging: A Gothic Fairytale: The traditional “Hanging” goes Hollywood as Hollywood executives realizing that they have run out of super heroes to base new blockbusters upon, turn to classic fairy tales.

Man was that a fun night. You forgot to mention the most crucial detail about Mirror rorriM, it's an actual mirror maze, one that it is completely possible to lose your way in. This is the first time Knott's has done a maze like this since right around the beginning of the event's history. Hopefully this time around it is a bit more successful.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by NGW View Post
    Man was that a fun night. You forgot to mention the most crucial detail about Mirror rorriM, it's an actual mirror maze, one that it is completely possible to lose your way in. This is the first time Knott's has done a maze like this since right around the beginning of the event's history. Hopefully this time around it is a bit more successful.
    Indeed, my bad for not specifying that - here's hoping they really get creative with it and have some effects in there as well! Curious to see what the Green Witch tie-in for that will be....

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Tickets are on sale now for the park itself! (not the MiceChat event)

First night is September 26. Here's the link with all info.
    Thank you, RegionsBeyond!

• (Not a) New User

Hideous creatures of beauty
    wut

Slaughterhouse, Delirium, Trick or Treat, Endgames, Pinocchio Unstrung, Witch's Keep (Mine Ride) and TRAPPED (retooled) returning.
    You know, I heard something about the Witches Keep last year but when I went on it was just the normal mine ride. Did I miss something? Was it just supposed to be different lighting or something?

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    You know, I heard something about the Witches Keep last year but when I went on it was just the normal mine ride. Did I miss something? Was it just supposed to be different lighting or something?
    The first week or so (could have been longer) it wasn't installed - they added figures, some lighting and projection effects, props, and a narration for the driver a little bit into Haunt, something about there being a mystical source of evil in the mine the Witch was after.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Awesome! I love Knott's Halloween Haunt! Thanks for the information RegionsBeyond! It sounds like there's going to be some interesting mazes this year. I hope I'll be able to go this year with my friends!

Has anyone heard confirmation that Knott's has canceled the Pre-Scare Booffet this year? I don't see it listed an option (food wise) in the online store. If I remember right, in years past it was an item you could bundle with your ticket purchase.

It always seemed to be sold out on most nights, so I would be surprised if Knott's didn't make any profit on this. It was a great way to start the evening and get to mingle with some of the monsters.

• Singing Drinker

Dominion is... new?

Are they sure on that? It's one of the most venerable maze traditions in the park, harking all the way back into the original characters of the Haunt (Helsing vs Dracula on top of the Arcade) and maze-wise at the VERY least in my attendance to an experiment in "scene based" maze (mid '80s) with every "room" presenting a scenario played out in front of the crowd before they're shuttled into the next.

Good use of shills on that one, though.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Dominion is... new?

Are they sure on that? It's one of the most venerable maze traditions in the park, harking all the way back into the original characters of the Haunt (Helsing vs Dracula on top of the Arcade) and maze-wise at the VERY least in my attendance to an experiment in "scene based" maze (mid '80s) with every "room" presenting a scenario played out in front of the crowd before they're shuttled into the next.

Good use of shills on that one, though.
    The spin on this is last year it was "Dominion of the Dead", this year it is "Dominion of the Damned". Hopefully it will be a better scare experience this year. Last year it was very pretty to look at, but a bit of a bore-fest. Not scary at all.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Their choice to call it 'new', yes - I am a bit dubious as to how different it will be. I'd expect different scenery for it, and costuming, etc, if they're bothering to change the name and state it's a 'new' maze. If reuse larger set pieces and style, that won't be so good - I do fully expect we'll hear The Host of Seraphim inside, if absolutely nothing else the same (which there probably will be more the same than that.)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast