Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: The 2013 Knott's Scary Farm News Thread!!!

I am a bit saddened that Fallout Shelter won't be returning. That was like, my favorite maze amongst them all, even when some said it was 'Okay' or 'Sub-Par'. I am a huge fan of the 50's Atomic Age, especially if a futuristic twist on that time period, as well as having a deep passion for the Fallout video game series, especially the main four (1, 2, 3, and New Vegas). Even if the Fallout Shelter maze is not returning, I would like to see something like a spiritual successor to Fallout Maze. There are so many ideas out there to be inspired from.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Minion

I can't beleive they got rid of virus z. Oh well. 3 yrs had its run. And the log ride and Mine ride has no more scare actors -__-

Can someone tell me the locations of all new mazes mazes this yr.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    I can't beleive they got rid of virus z. Oh well. 3 yrs had its run. And the log ride and Mine ride has no more scare actors -__-

Can someone tell me the locations of all new mazes mazes this yr.
    Gunslinger's Grave - mostly unknown. Could be Fallout Shelter or Labyrinth space, even though that's Camp Snoopy. Otherwise will have to be put somewhere in Ghost Town (the stated location) that remains unknown.

Black Magic - likely former Uncle Bobo's space.

Forevermore - Terror of London, behind Mystery Lodge.

MirrorMirror - Virus Z or Fallout Shelter.

Dominion of the Damned - same space doubtless as the previous iteration last year (Ghost Rider warehouse)

No 3-D mazes this year, it seems.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• Musical Fireman

I think only the Log Ride will go without scareactors from now on. I read the MiceAge update about the 2013 Haunt and it said the Calico Mine Ride WILL be featured. The ride will be called "Witches Keep?" or Witches Lair. It will be using the Green Witch, the story goes some mystical power is held beneath the mountain and the witch is trying to find it. Kinda like a race between you and the witch to find the power.
    Last edited by SparkChaser; 07-15-2013 at 01:28 PM.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoonAZ View Post
    Has anyone heard confirmation that Knott's has canceled the Pre-Scare Booffet this year? I don't see it listed an option (food wise) in the online store. If I remember right, in years past it was an item you could bundle with your ticket purchase.

It always seemed to be sold out on most nights, so I would be surprised if Knott's didn't make any profit on this. It was a great way to start the evening and get to mingle with some of the monsters.
    I think at leats until today, the Pre-Scare Boofet! is only in the Hotel Packages, middle and top package.
    Not as just an addon to a day ticket, just from what i can see on the site.

Wow, I just heard Elvira is going to be doing a show at Knott's Halloween Haunt this year.

Oh. My. God.

It has always been my dream to see her live at the Haunt. I didn't plan on going this year...but oh man, I'm probably going to change that if I can rearrange my work schedule to get the time off, and book one of the nicer hotel packages. (The hotel packages are totally worth it too...buffet food from Mrs. Knott's chicken restaurant, early access to the park, and being able to crash in a room within walking distance of the park after the Haunt, is just great).

I've been to the Haunt several times, but I never was able to go when Elvira was playing!

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Gunslinger's Grave - mostly unknown. Could be Fallout Shelter or Labyrinth space, even though that's Camp Snoopy. Otherwise will have to be put somewhere in Ghost Town (the stated location) that remains unknown.
    In the presentation video (located at time mark 16:500 ,Knott's Scary Farm Haunt 2013 Announcement Event - YouTube Timothy "Gus" Krueger stated that it Gunslingers Grave will replace Fallout Shelters maze around the lake. He also said it would feature both indoor and outdoor elements. Essentially following the trail of the Gunslinger's path of retribution through the mythical old west town.

Sounds interesting, but not sure how they are going to keep immersion while Silver Bullet races overhead. We will see...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by LoonAZ View Post
    In the presentation video (located at time mark 16:500 ,Knott's Scary Farm Haunt 2013 Announcement Event - YouTube Timothy "Gus" Krueger stated that it Gunslingers Grave will replace Fallout Shelters maze around the lake. He also said it would feature both indoor and outdoor elements. Essentially following the trail of the Gunslinger's path of retribution through the mythical old west town.

Sounds interesting, but not sure how they are going to keep immersion while Silver Bullet races overhead. We will see...
    Thank you for the update! Yes, that space makes sense, I was hoping it wouldn't be where they staged Labyrinth - the maze had good parts but really ineffective space with the stairs and long stretches of nothing to see/outdoors walkways. Fallout Shelter worked well with the cramped 'underground' setting - they'll have to be smart about outdoors parts of Gunslinger, where they are positioned.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Thank you for the update! Yes, that space makes sense, I was hoping it wouldn't be where they staged Labyrinth - the maze had good parts but really ineffective space with the stairs and long stretches of nothing to see/outdoors walkways. Fallout Shelter worked well with the cramped 'underground' setting - they'll have to be smart about outdoors parts of Gunslinger, where they are positioned.
    I could see that easily being worked in (and helping to avoid sound/sight contamination from SB overhead). Just route the "interior" sections into town buildings, maybe a mausoleum, mine shafts etc. - the theme supports that IMO, hopefully they'll take advantage of it.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Former Churro Jockey

Looking forward to Haunt this year as always. I really am excited about the Nevermore maze, that to me sounds like the most promising. I've seen Elvira a few times back in the 90's and she's really not that funny or entertaining, so unless I hear otherwise, I'll skip that show. Too bad there's no Ed Alonzo this year. As for the hanging, my money would be on Amanda Bynes.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Mice Chatter

Mirror mirror will be in Camp Snoopy/Necropolis. It will be a day time and a night time maze.

Some things that were announced at ScareLA:

The Skeleton Key: each Haunt night guests can purchase a limited amount of these keys. They are front of line passes for each maze PLUS when you present this key, 5 of the mazes have a secret room that only the holder of the key may enter.

Fiesta Village is turning into a Dia De Los Muertos scare zone.

That was it from ScareLA I believe.

No theme in Log Ride for obvious reasons.

Mine Ride is the Witchs Lair.

Who knows what else is in store, things are always in the works.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by spankyourstank View Post
    Mirror mirror will be in Camp Snoopy/Necropolis. It will be a day time and a night time maze.

Some things that were announced at ScareLA:

The Skeleton Key: each Haunt night guests can purchase a limited amount of these keys. They are front of line passes for each maze PLUS when you present this key, 5 of the mazes have a secret room that only the holder of the key may enter.

Fiesta Village is turning into a Dia De Los Muertos scare zone.

That was it from ScareLA I believe.

No theme in Log Ride for obvious reasons.

Mine Ride is the Witchs Lair.

Who knows what else is in store, things are always in the works.
    huh? day time maze?

also will they have a pre dinner? 6:30

• Mice Chatter

Yes, Mirror Mirror will be in CS/Necropolis where Endgames was originally. Since it's there, and management doesn't want mazes out in view of day guests, this maze will also be used during the day. Not sure on any further info then that.

I'm pretty sure there will be pre-scare, it just hasn't been announced yet.

Are we going to know ahead of time which mazes have the secret rooms? Kinda lame if we have to spend money to play a guessing game/get lucky. Hopefully they don't cost too much. A front of the line pass rarely feels necessary at Haunt as the lines tend to never be THAT bad, at least not any of the nights I've gone the last 10 years, so really I'd only be buying for the added experience.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast