Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

The 2013 Knott's Scary Farm News Thread!!!

Knott's is apparently going to start rolling out news for Haunt 2013 today, with already one clue posted on the Knott's Scary Farm FB Page (be sure to give them a "like").

First clue:
    Did you hear that?
    I thought heard someone rapping on the door.

So what do you think? Some kind of Edgar Allan Poe maze replacing Terror of London?

(We'll update this thread as news comes out about Mazes, Shows, Ride overlays, etc)

New mazes:

Forevermore (located in Mystery Lodge)
    Name:  971865_395506517222741_534538274_n.jpg
Views: 2457
Size:  51.7 KB

From Brooke Walters, the creator of The Doll Factory and Trick-Or-Treat, comes a new chapter in terror:

"FOREVERMORE"

Follow in the footsteps of the darkly troubled writer Edgar Allan Poe through a nightmare conjured up by a modern madman. Each of Poe's bloodsoaked and terror-filled tales will envelope you in their insanity and horror. Page by page you will descend deeper into the subconscious of the man who invented American horror.
    Forevermore is gothic horror with a modern day twist.
    Will you escape?
    Or will you remain in the horror Forevermore...?

Forevermore will be behind Mystery Lodge for Haunt 2013, home to former classic mazes Terror of London, 13 Axe Murder Manor and Blood Bayou.

Returning Mazes:

PINOCCHIO UNSTRUNG (Located in Wilderness Dance Hall)

Name:  969721_398290506944342_166657119_n.jpg
Views: 2215
Size:  151.0 KB

Several years after the blue fairy denies him his final wish, Pinocchio erupts in a wild killing spree, where he and his army of murderous marionettes seek the flesh from his former masters to cover his twisted, wooden body.

Revenge comes with no strings attached.

From the demented mind of Haunt Maze Designer Daniel Miller - the twisted creator of Delirium, Fallout Shelter and many others.

Think you know the whole story? Think again. Pinocchio Unstrung returns for 2013 with more surprises, more twists and turns....and more insanity. Be careful what you wish for...

Endgames

Name:  7449_403653043074755_404467451_n.jpg
Views: 1964
Size:  67.7 KB

The world as we know it has ended. The survivors in this barren desert have scavenged to rebuild society. Few are safe. The rich and powerful have turned all others into slaves for sport. Enter the post apocalyptic arena where the gladiators are forced to battle to their deaths for entertainment...and the games will be televised.

Endgames returns with all new scares. Look for a new path of destruction and unseen horrors.
    "TRICK-OR-TREAT"

It's Halloween Night and that old house on the corner is the last place anyone should go trick-or-treating at. All the kids know that something evil lives there. But here you are ringing the doorbell... Maybe the kids were wrong. Maybe you'll get some candy. Maybe you'll make it home tonight. Or maybe you'll venture inside and never be seen again.

From the poisoned hand of Haunt Designer Brooke Walters comes a journey through childhood terror you won't forget.

Trick-Or-Treat returns for 2013 with so many changes you'll swear it's an all new nightmare. Grab your pumpkin pail and meet your friends out front...it's Halloween and it's time to face the terror."

Shows:

THE HANGING

Once again, it's time for the citizens of Calico to gather in the square and terminate the turmoil that has terrorized their territory! Featuring amazing stunts, biting satire and gallons and gallons of blood, The Hanging is a can't miss show that skewers the events and celebrities of the past year. The lights are dimming...it's time to scream for blood!

The Hanging returns to Calico Square with more blood, more violence and more of everything that has made it a Knott's Scary Farm tradition for years and years...
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 06-28-2013 at 07:30 AM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: The 2013 Knott's Scary Farm News Thread!!!

Awesome!

Slightly off topic but does anyone know when Universal starts unraveling news about HHN?

• Circle of Ancients

Forevermore announced (and posted in first post)

From Brooke Walters, the creator of The Doll Factory and Trick-Or-Treat, comes a new chapter in terror:

"FOREVERMORE"

Follow in the footsteps of the darkly troubled writer Edgar Allan Poe through a nightmare conjured up by a modern madman. Each of Poe's bloodsoaked and terror-filled tales will envelope you in their insanity and horror. Page by page you will descend deeper into the subconscious of the man who invented American horror.
    Forevermore is gothic horror with a modern day twist.
    Will you escape?
    Or will you remain in the horror Forevermore...?

Forevermore will be behind Mystery Lodge for Haunt 2013, home to former classic mazes Terror of London, 13 Axe Murder Manor and Blood Bayou.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 06-10-2013 at 01:29 PM.

• Singing Drinker

Oh no.
    Oh GOD no.

PleasepleasepleasenottheFollowingpleasepleasepleas e

I don't think the world's ready for a maze where the only reason to walk through it is to mock every aspect of it mercilessly.

I really want to give this idea a chance, but it's pretty much the entire story/plotline of The Following right there. Bonus points for giving all of us ex-Haunt monsters an instant two step Kevin Bacon link, but GOOD LORD PLEASE NOT THE FOLLOWING.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Oh umm... I have a source that gave me this intel in febuary and I never wanted to tell you guy's but hey a house has been announced and I know another house and the icon of this year. Now if you guy's don't want to know skip this! Now let's begin. The source gave me one maze and the icon of the year. it wasn't Forevermore but it was Trick R Treat as it was one of the most successful mazes last year and she also told me that The Witch will return with the Trickster's. Once again DO NOT ASK HOW I GOT THE INTEL! with that said with the info she told me there is a possibility that if the intel is correct we will see the Midnight Witch Hanging returning. And... that's it. that's all the info she gave me and i'm willing to bet it's true.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Haunted

Knott's, Forever Falling...a Haunted commentary...

Haunted Comments on the Haunted
    ................we're always listening..............

Love the idea of a maze based on Poe's work.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedOct73 View Post
    Knott's, Forever Falling...a Haunted commentary...

Haunted Comments on the Haunted
    What a terrible article.

Every idea that a designer, from any haunt, comes up with will be unoriginal. I look forward to the development of this maze as it can go in many different ways. Let the actual product prove if its original and not the idea. Brooke has yet to fail, and even Snoopy Unleashed looks great.

• Circle of Ancients

Supposed to be another announcement today. Anybody have any thoughts on what it could be?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Hopefully another new maze - time for Dia de Los Muertos or Slaughterhouse to go? Those would be the maze I think have run the most years overall and are still around. I like parts of Muertos, but it keeps getting weaker each year seemingly.

• Circle of Ancients

I thought Slaughterhouse probably had it's best year last year. Totally agreed about Dia.

• Circle of Ancients

Returning Maze!

"PINOCCHIO UNSTRUNG"

Several years after the blue fairy denies him his final wish, Pinocchio erupts in a wild killing spree, where he and his army of murderous marionettes seek the flesh from his former masters to cover his twisted, wooden body.

Revenge comes with no strings attached.

From the demented mind of Haunt Maze Designer Daniel Miller - the twisted creator of Delirium, Fallout Shelter and many others.

Think you know the whole story? Think again. Pinocchio Unstrung returns for 2013 with more surprises, more twists and turns....and more insanity. Be careful what you wish for...

Pinnochio returning was a no-brainer, but having it confirmed is great news regardless.

Kinda odd to see Trick or Treat back, figured that would be something special for the 40th, then again..with all the work put into it I doubt they'd ditch the assets after a single year.

Dia has to go, I swear if that piece of ****, has never been good maze is back this year I'm gonna...do nothing and just complain online about it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NGW View Post
    P
    Dia has to go, I swear if that piece of ****, has never been good maze is back this year I'm gonna...do nothing and just complain online about it.
    i heard Dia wont come back this year and that area wont be replaced with a maze. that area is hard to deal with.
    I think only 3 mazes (Dia, London, and Clowns) wont come back. Normally if it's the last year of the maze then the actors could keep their costumes since knotts wont need them anymore.

• Circle of Ancients

Supposed to be a new update today. This was posted on the Knott's Scary Farm page.

Haunt 2013 Update coming sometime today.

The suspense is terrible....I hope it will last.
    Willy Wonka quote. Maybe a clue?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast