Log Ride refurbishment - Behind the scenes

Knott's posted this video a couple days ago to their social media pages. It's a look behind the scenes of the recent refurbishment, with interviews with Garner Holt, his manager who supervised the project, and a Knott's manager who spoke on the replacement of foliage around the mountain.

Holt talks about respecting the work done by Bud Hurlbut, and that his intention was to update the ride so that if Hurlbut could have seen it, for Hurlbut to have said that it was what he would have built if the technology had been available.

Another interesting production from Knott's on the refurbishment of this historic attraction.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAkHZZDZdJ8
    Last edited by SpacemanSpiff; 06-22-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Re: Log Ride refurbishment - Behind the scenes

I think this might have been posted already but a great video nonetheless and worth re-posting! I enjoyed watching it again. Thanks for the eagle eye SpacemanSpiff. Coffee, waffles, and a Knott's video ain't a too shabby way to start off a Sunday morning!
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• failure for lunch

I can watch this video a few times and not be bored.
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

I got to ride the newly renovated Timber Mountain Log Ride last week. All I got to say is that it looks wonderful! In one section of the ride, it feels like a Knotts finally has a dark ride, but it's really not a dark ride since it's a log ride.

Here's a full HD POV of the Newly Renovated Timber Mountain Log Ride:

Last edited by SoCalbma; 06-25-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

^Thanks for the post socal!
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Loved the video...thank you!
    For the love of Disney....

• New Member Goes Forth

Really good video, thanks for sharing
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Just found this incredibly well-edited, elongated video of the refurbished Log Ride at Knott's After Dark. Amazing! Look at that detail!!!

Knott's After Dark: Happy 44th Anniversary to the Timber Mountain Log Ride

Quote Originally Posted by lynxwiler View Post
    Just found this incredibly well-edited, elongated video of the refurbished Log Ride at Knott's After Dark. Amazing! Look at that detail!!!

Knott's After Dark: Happy 44th Anniversary to the Timber Mountain Log Ride
    Thanks for sharing that, and thanks to the person behind Knott's After Dark (I may be mistaken, but I think she is active on these boards).

I especially enjoyed seeing the multiple shots of different sights along the ride. I have ridden the refurbished Log Ride a half dozen times this summer, but have missed some of the details. I think your eye is naturally drawn to certain scenes, and you'd almost have to ride again in the next hour or so to remember to look in a different direction than your last ride.

I went back and watched YouTube videos of the old Log Ride. Has anyone else noticed that the water wheel to the right of the top of the first lift hill outside the mountain is no longer turning with water? I didn't notice before that the water wheel is still there, but no longer operating.

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the water wheel to the right of the top of the first lift hill outside the mountain is no longer turning with water? I didn't notice before that the water wheel is still there, but no longer operating.
    I noted that the waterwheel worked the first few weeks after Timber Mountain's rehab, but then stopped. I'm not sure why as that's the water supply that feeds the upper valley's running-water-trough gag so that system is shut off as well. Perhaps it's an issue of old wood and water that has yet to be repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by lynxwiler View Post
    I noted that the waterwheel worked the first few weeks after Timber Mountain's rehab, but then stopped. I'm not sure why as that's the water supply that feeds the upper valley's running-water-trough gag so that system is shut off as well. Perhaps it's an issue of old wood and water that has yet to be repaired.
    I was at Knott's with the family today, and noted that the water was coming down the water wheel (although it was turning inconsistently), and the water gag was working. Also, as it was a pretty warm day, the logger at the bottom of the final lift hill was spraying a small amount of water onto riders (the effect must be adjustable based on how much the park thinks riders want to get wet).

After a month (most of July) of the water gag seeming not to be working, it seems like it is working consistently during our visits this month.

Also, the line for the Calico Mine Train Ride was all the way down to the entrance to the tunnel today. I've never seen it so long, and figured maybe the log ride was not operating, but that was not the case.

My wife and I were at the Farm on Saturday, and the log ride was down for while during the afternoon, but was back up by early evening. During that time the line for the mine ride was actually down into the que line up front.