Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,282

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by dazyhill View Post
    I don't see why Knott's can't have two dark rides. A Peanuts-themed one in Camp Snoopy and Beary Tales in the back.
    I wish Knott's still had the Lagoon across the street (it's now mostly a parking lot). That could have been transformed into a Dinosaurs Alive! type attraction.
    That way everyone could be happy.
    The lagoon and Jungle Island are still basically there, but they are remnants of their former self.

  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    64

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by dazyhill View Post
    At some of the other Cedar Fair parks, they have a walk-through attraction called Dinosaurs Alive!. I keep wondering if the CF executives are trying to figure out how they can bring that to Knott's.
    When Dinosaurs Alive first came to King's Island, it was advertised as a limited-time thing - but now they don't mention it being temporary anymore, even thought it's still $5 extra for some reason. So maybe you guys will get it (or something similar) on a "temporary" basis to see if it works before they commit to having it there longer term.

    http://apps.visitkingsisland.com/dinosaursalive/dinos/

  3. #18

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,282

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by socal05 View Post
    But the only thing that would be sadder than the empty building sitting there would be if they used it for Kingdom of the Dinosaurs, a Peanuts ride, or some other theme. That would mean that Knott's Bear-y Tales could never come back.

    KOD was never a great or classic ride, and there is already enough Peanuts theme in the kids area.

    As mentioned, KBT did so much with lighting and was an original and unique story/ride. It do so much with music and sounds too.

    Bust out the original plans, gather the pictures, find the soundtrack, dust off the track, repair the building and get to work!
    I understand the love for the classic attraction that was Bear-y Tales. However, I don't think putting it back - even an updated version - is the right answer.

  4. #19

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Near the Magic of Disneyland
    Posts
    407

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    There is just a blip of the lagoon left across the street and most of the former Jungle Island is gone or has been converted to picnic grounds for catering events. I can't see a Dinosaur-type attraction there. There just doesn't seem to be room.

  5. #20

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,282

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by dazyhill View Post
    There is just a blip of the lagoon left across the street and most of the former Jungle Island is gone or has been converted to picnic grounds for catering events. I can't see a Dinosaur-type attraction there. There just doesn't seem to be room.
    There really isn't any room for anything there. They've packed in so much into that little area already. I would say they could use part of the parking lot perhaps and expand out but that lot is always full on their higher capacity days, so it's necessary.

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    358

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I understand the love for the classic attraction that was Bear-y Tales. However, I don't think putting it back - even an updated version - is the right answer.
    I disagree - when Knott's is discussed, KBT is almost always brought up as the most missed attraction (soapbox racers and haunted shack might be 2 and 3). I'm sure some love the Peanuts crew, but it has no real tie-in to Knott's.

    On the Knott's blogs and facebook pages, Knott's Bear-y Tales is one of the more popular topics.

    Bring it back! :-)

  7. #22

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,282

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by socal05 View Post
    I disagree - when Knott's is discussed, KBT is almost always brought up as the most missed attraction (soapbox racers and haunted shack might be 2 and 3). I'm sure some love the Peanuts crew, but it has no real tie-in to Knott's.

    On the Knott's blogs and facebook pages, Knott's Bear-y Tales is one of the more popular topics.

    Bring it back! :-)
    I know it has a large fan following, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it needs to come back. I would be all for something fresh and new.

  8. #23

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    I used to be obsessed with KBT (Never rode it due to being born in the 90's) to the point where I wish I could revive it. As time moved on, I lost interest and realize that my ideas were just foolish fantasy plus I moved onto a different career. On an pointless note, wasn't there someone claiming I was their son on here? Because that isn't even true let alone being an employee.

    Anyway, I still continue to support the ride due to it's creativity, art style, and overall uniqueness. Even if it isn't possible for a Modernized KBT, I wouldn't mind. However, I DO think that the Lighting techniques from the old ride should carry over to a new dark ride. Because they haven't been done since and can really benefit a new Dark Ride's introduction.

    One of the huge techniques included using Incadescent on characters and using Black-light on the scenery which fused the 2 together to create a cartoony atmosphere close to drawings. Another technique was the strobe light before going to weird weirds, it's purpose was to blind the riders after they passed Thunder Cave to make it hard to see Weird Woods.One last technique is the first room (Bakery) being entirely in Incadescent light to have rider's adjusted to the upcoming scenes of the ride. Because when you go on Dark Ride's at Disney, there is sometimes never an Icandescent type area for you to not completely adjust for what's ahead. This is due to the sunlight as well but at Nightime, you can be able to see the ride environment.

    The success of KBT is all due to Rolly Crump's Creative Freedom that helped KBT become a hit. I really hope these Ideas will make it into that building if they go with a new themed Dark Ride. But also a charming family fun experience like KBT (KOD too) offered.

  9. #24

    • Functional & Decorative
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Eagle Rock, CA
    Posts
    1,085

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by socal05 View Post
    I disagree - when Knott's is discussed, KBT is almost always brought up as the most missed attraction (soapbox racers and haunted shack might be 2 and 3). I'm sure some love the Peanuts crew, but it has no real tie-in to Knott's.

    On the Knott's blogs and facebook pages, Knott's Bear-y Tales is one of the more popular topics.

    Bring it back! :-)

    Yeah, I have to disagree as well. Fond nostalgia (and believe me, I totally loved KBT) isn't enough reason for a comeback. Just because an attraction is most missed don't automatically make it a good candidate for today's them park. Look at the Submarines and Captain EO. Both brought back and, but as time is now showing, sometimes the memory is better than the reality.

    And Peanuts has no tie in to Knott's? Camp Snoopy has been around since 1983. How much more of a tie in do you need?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Near the Magic of Disneyland
    Posts
    407

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    ^Actually Snoopy made an appearance during the summer of 1982 as a character who walked around the entire park and as a star in the annual ice show (which i think was going on before 1982)
    That led to the building of Camp Snoopy. After 30 years, the Peanuts Gang is definitely part of Knott's Berry Farm.

  11. #26

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    That actually is a very good explanation!

    As I already stated, I would love to see the techniques of KBT replicated In a new dark ride. From the unique mix of lighting in the scenes and a fun theme for the whole family.

    A peanuts attraction would be pretty neat. I always imagined a spiritual remake of the original KBT ride. Not the 1975 Ride but something new in the spirit of it but with the Peanuts Gang. It would be hilarious if Snoopy was mistaken to be some "Crafty Coyote" like how he was for the Great Pumpkin and Easter Beagle.
    Last edited by Althedisneyfreak; 08-23-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Grammar

  12. #27

    • Singing Drinker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,118

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Althedisneyfreak View Post
    That actually is a very good explanation!

    As I already stated, I would love to see the techniques of KBT replicated In a new dark ride. From the unique mix of lighting in the scenes and a fun theme for the whole family.

    A peanuts attraction would be pretty neat. I always imagined a spiritual remake of the original KBT ride. Not the 1975 Ride but something new in the spirit of it but with the Peanuts Gang. It would be hilarious if Snoopy was mistaken to be some "Crafty Coyote" like how he was for the Great Pumpkin and Easter Beagle.
    I've long thought a "Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown" flume ride would be amazing. Do it like POTC boats with a river raft overlay, it could be AMAZING.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

  13. #28

    • failure for lunch
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    363

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    An 8 minute Peanut ride would be absolutely horrible. Not even Rolly Crump could make that work. This is just not a franchise that would lend itself well to the ride layout...at all. Maybe a water ride.

    Bring back the masterpiece.

  14. #29

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,282

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    Yeah, I have to disagree as well. Fond nostalgia (and believe me, I totally loved KBT) isn't enough reason for a comeback. Just because an attraction is most missed don't automatically make it a good candidate for today's them park. Look at the Submarines and Captain EO. Both brought back and, but as time is now showing, sometimes the memory is better than the reality.

    And Peanuts has no tie in to Knott's? Camp Snoopy has been around since 1983. How much more of a tie in do you need?
    This! Nice post.

  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    358

    Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    Yeah, I have to disagree as well. Fond nostalgia (and believe me, I totally loved KBT) isn't enough reason for a comeback. Just because an attraction is most missed don't automatically make it a good candidate for today's them park. Look at the Submarines and Captain EO. Both brought back and, but as time is now showing, sometimes the memory is better than the reality.

    And Peanuts has no tie in to Knott's? Camp Snoopy has been around since 1983. How much more of a tie in do you need?
    - Captain EO is not a good comparison. It was brought back in large part because of the death and renewed interest in MJ. The technology was outdated, but it gave DL a quick win. It aged, unlike Pirates, Small World, or the other classic rides at DL. It was never one of the best rides at DL - KBT was one of the best rides at Knott's, was unique, and had the Rolly magic. it was a lose.

    - Not sure what you mean about the Submarines, but it's been seen as a success by most. DL actually did the right thing by taking the classic and improving (the story allowed for it)

    - Just being at Knott's for a long time doesn't give Peanuts any "tie-in" to the theme or history of the park. They used Peanuts to theme the children's section which is fine, but almost nobody associates it with the wonderful history and unique vision of Knott's. KBT is however...


    Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    An 8 minute Peanut ride would be absolutely horrible. Not even Rolly Crump could make that work. This is just not a franchise that would lend itself well to the ride layout...at all. Maybe a water ride.

    Bring back the masterpiece.
    Said much better and more concise than I could. :-)

    I have two kids with many many friends - never ran across one who knows or cares much about the Peanut gang (for better or worse). Some adults still love them, but it's hard to make a really great and memorable dark ride (I think of the Little Mermaid as an obviously expensive but unmemorable recent try).


    Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    Bring back the masterpiece.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bring Back the TL Mary Blair Mural!
    By Gemini Cricket in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 07:39 PM
  2. What is the best time of year to travel on a disney cruise?
    By Tink Wink in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2005, 05:29 AM
  3. The best time to visit the resort
    By wem1985 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 11:25 PM
  4. Bring Back the Disney Villans Shop!!!
    By cellarhound in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 04:23 PM
  5. Bring back the Escalators !!
    By RemainSeatedPlease in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 01:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •