Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Is Now the Best Time to Bring Back Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

Quote Originally Posted by socal05 View Post
    - Just being at Knott's for a long time doesn't give Peanuts any "tie-in" to the theme or history of the park. They used Peanuts to theme the children's section which is fine, but almost nobody associates it with the wonderful history and unique vision of Knott's. KBT is however...
    KBT opened in 1975. Snoopy has been a mascot for the park since 1983, when Camp Snoopy was opened, which obviously brought the rest of the Peanuts to the park as well. That's an 8 year lead that KBT has over the Peanuts. How can you honestly say that "almost nobody" associates the Peanuts with Knott's?

Anyone that grew up with the park in the late 80's and early 90's makes that connection. In fact, anyone that went to the park after the year 1986 that never rode KBT probably has no idea what it even is.

It's nostalgic. That is why you want it back.

Judging by the amount of Snoopy plush Knott's sells annually and that the best selling shirt is a replica of the one Charlie Brown wears, I would say the "Peanuts" gang is still very relevant to children and adults.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    KBT opened in 1975. Snoopy has been a mascot for the park since 1983, when Camp Snoopy was opened, which obviously brought the rest of the Peanuts to the park as well. That's an 8 year lead that KBT has over the Peanuts. How can you honestly say that "almost nobody" associates the Peanuts with Knott's?

Anyone that grew up with the park in the late 80's and early 90's makes that connection. In fact, anyone that went to the park after the year 1986 that never rode KBT probably has no idea what it even is.

It's nostalgic. That is why you want it back.
    You're simplifying what I said and ignoring the actual point. I didn't say "almost nobody associates Peanuts with Knott's." I said:

- Just being at Knott's for a long time doesn't give Peanuts any "tie-in" to the theme or history of the park. They used Peanuts to theme the children's section which is fine, but almost nobody associates it with the wonderful history and unique vision of Knott's. KBT is however...

As I said, some themeing in the kids section is fine, but KBT was a Rolly Crump masterpiece (as someone else put it in the thread). No doubt that nostalgia is part of the reason I'd like them to bring it back, but the quality and unique Knott's history are the main reasons.

KBT is mentioned so often in the "the good Knott's" comments and threads for a reason.

Judging by the amount of Snoopy plush Knott's sells annually and that the best selling shirt is a replica of the one Charlie Brown wears, I would say the "Peanuts" gang is still very relevant to children and adults.
    I think that says as much about what has happened to the KBF brand as anything else, not that I've ever really seen someone wearing a Peanuts or KBF shirt. Not that I said the gang wasn't relevant.

Almost fooled myself into thinking I have a say in the matter... :-)

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by socal05 View Post
    You're simplifying what I said and ignoring the actual point. I didn't say "almost nobody associates Peanuts with Knott's." I said:

I wasn't simplifying or ignoring. I'm saying that although the Peanuts aren't tied in with the actual vision of Knott's Berry Farm, they've been in the park as a mascot and as a themed area for 30 years. A dark ride based around them would make sense, and I think could work if done properly. Ask any child that grew up around the park from the late 1980's on and I can almost promise you they will associate the Peanuts with their history and memory of Knott's, which I think is just as important as the actual history of Knott's itself.

As I said, some themeing in the kids section is fine, but KBT was a Rolly Crump masterpiece (as someone else put it in the thread). No doubt that nostalgia is part of the reason I'd like them to bring it back, but the quality and unique Knott's history are the main reasons.

KBT is mentioned so often in the "the good Knott's" comments and threads for a reason.
    There are plenty of fantastic attractions from theme parks all over that have gone by the wayside. Why not work on something new though? Not even something Peanuts themed necessarily, but just something fresh.

There is one major point for Knott's Beary Tales vs. Peanuts and it's that Knott's owns the characters, story, and theme song from Beary Tales, but not Peanuts.

It would take a lot of red tape, owner approvals, and owner's fees to use the Peanuts in a themed ride. Or so I assume.

For Beary Tales, Knott's/Cedar Fair totally owns every bit of it. No persmissions required.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I've long thought a "Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown" flume ride would be amazing. Do it like POTC boats with a river raft overlay, it could be AMAZING.
    I wish Race for Your Life Charlie Brown would get a DVD release already. It's definitely a good choice for something to base a Peanuts ride on.

Add a revival of Beary Tales and rebrand Dinosaurs Alive to Kingdom of Dinosaurs for a Knotts presentation and there you go.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    I wish Race for Your Life Charlie Brown would get a DVD release already. It's definitely a good choice for something to base a Peanuts ride on.

Add a revival of Beary Tales and rebrand Dinosaurs Alive to Kingdom of Dinosaurs for a Knotts presentation and there you go.
    You and me both! I really don't know what the holdup is for that or the final feature "Bon Voyage,Charlie Brown (and don't come back)" to be released on DVD.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123