• Roller coaster enthusiast

Kings Island to announce new attraction

Kings Island is set to announce a new "record breaking" attraction at 10 pm on August 8th. The only thing that was sent to the press was a broken King's Island comb with fake hair. Any ideas what this new attraction could be? Keep in mind that it's replacing the infamous Son of Beast coaster that was the worlds tallest and fastest wooden roller coaster.

Kings Island to unveil new attraction | www.springfieldnewssun.com
    Current coaster count: 166
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Six Flags over Georgia

Re: Kings Island to announce new attraction

I've gotten a few e-mails from the park about the announcement over the past few days - 10pm on a Thursday seems like kind of a random time for a press conference, but I guess they want to make the 11pm news or something? It definitely seems like a coaster based on the plans they filed with the city - a few details are in this video:

Kings Island roller coaster: How many loops? (+video) - CSMonitor.com

I was thinking that they may install a B&M Inverted coaster but maybe they're going for a B&M Wingwalker when she said that riders could potentially be on the sides of the track.

• Senior Minion

Meet Banshee. Cedar Fair's first female-inspired coaster and the world's longest inverted roller coaster.

The coaster track is 4,124 feet long and riders will travel through seven inversions at speeds of up to 68 mph, according to the Switzerland-based engineering consulting firm behind the design, Bolliger & Mabillard Consulting Engineers (B&M). The ride will last two minutes and 40 seconds.

Banshee: Kings Island Amusement Park announces name of new ride

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/banshee#&panel1-1

It's about time this park got a half-way decent coaster to compete with all the other parks! I love Diamondback, but i'm glad we are getting a true coaster with numerous inversions, etc.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    Meet Banshee. Cedar Fair's first female-inspired coaster and the world's longest inverted roller coaster.

The coaster track is 4,124 feet long and riders will travel through seven inversions at speeds of up to 68 mph, according to the Switzerland-based engineering consulting firm behind the design, Bolliger & Mabillard Consulting Engineers (B&M). The ride will last two minutes and 40 seconds.

Banshee: Kings Island Amusement Park announces name of new ride

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/banshee#&panel1-1

It's about time this park got a half-way decent coaster to compete with all the other parks! I love Diamondback, but i'm glad we are getting a true coaster with numerous inversions, etc.

I would kill to have a ride like Diamondback here in SoCal. Its a great ride and a true coaster.

Love the color scheme and logo of Banshee. Layout looks great, but, its a new B&M looping coaster, so it will probably give a forceless ride.

It's about time that KI gets a Inverted coaster. It's amazing that a park that big doesn't have one. I also understand that Kings Island's fan base has been asking for a Inverted coaster for a while now.

They do have an inverted coaster, Invertigo.

That's right, I forgot about Invertigo. 😆

• Senior Minion

If you mean the coaster that has 1 train, take forever to load/unload and as a result, a 2+ hour wait, even on a slow day, then, yes.
    Haven't been on that coaster in many years, just because I don't want to spend that long in line, even more so since I usually only go for an hour or two, ride a few walk-ons - such as Beast or Diamondback, take the train, go to the Eiffel Tower to see Banshee progress, walk around and then go back home.

It will be good to have a ride like the extreme rides I see on TV. It's still my goal to someday make the 5+ hour drive up to Cedar Point.

But I would like to see them do something with the eyesore that is the exterior and line of the defunct Tomb Raider/the crypt.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban