Cab fare from DL area hotel to Knotts

I'm planning a trip to Disneyland, with a day at Knott's thrown in, and was wondering how much it costs to take a cab from across the street from Disneyland to Knott's. The package we are looking at gives you the option to buy tickets and transportation but the shuttle offered is $10/pp. A few years ago our travel agent mentioned that cab fare for 2 from Disneyland to Knott's was approximately $8-10. Is this still true? Don't want to overpay for transportation, but can't imagine that a taxi for 2 would be more than $20.

• Singing Drinker

Re: Cab fare from DL area hotel to Knotts

Base rate for a cab usually starts at $2-$4 for the first 1/4 mile, and every additional quarter mile is usually about .40-.70. It's just over 6 miles by the most direct route.

You'd be looking at easily over $20 for a single rider in the cab. Several lines don't charge for a second rider, some do, but honestly just take the shuttle unless there are other issues at hand.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

You might consider local the local Anaheim bus schedule. Several years ago, my sister and I used that for transportation, and it worked fine. Their was a direct line from near the DL entrance on Harbor over to near the entrance for Knotts. Sorry, I don't have the current bus schedule, but I'm sure it can be found easily enough online.

I did a quick internet search for "Knott's Berry Farm Disneyland shuttle," and found this news article from spring 2012 about the Anaheim Transportation agency running shuttle buses to popular visitor locations in Buena Park, including Knott's Berry Farm.

New buses take tourists from Disneyland to Knottā€™s - Around Disney : The Orange County Register

I have no idea if this service is still running, but the price quoted in the article is $4 per day.

The contact information at the bottom of the articles says, "Information: To find out about routes and schedules: RideART.org or 888-364-2787."

Okay, going to the website, they have various routes, but the one going to Buena Park is Route 18, which has regular service (hourly between 7 am to noon, every other hour between 4 pm to midnight) between Disneyland Transportation Center and points in Buena Park: Route 18 | Anaheim Resort Transportation

A one-day pass for adults is $5. You might want to call that toll-free number above to make confirm the information on their website.

• Sock Puppet

If that ART schedule is "regular", I'd hate to see weird.

Take Metro 460

So it looks like the bus stop is across Harbor, on the Disneyland side of the street. Is this correct?

Last edited by SpacemanSpiff; 08-06-2013 at 10:53 PM.