Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Worlds of Fun announces Steelhawk (Knott's Windseeker) for 2014

Nothing ... repeat ... NOTHING has been confirmed yet, but the new announcement for Worlds of Fun's 2014 attraction is interesting to say the least. Considering all the issues with the Windseekers it wouldn't stand to reason this is a new one. Could this be the one from Knott's? Thoughts?

https://www.worldsoffun.com/what-s-new/new-for-2014

Name:  Hdr_24.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  165.9 KB

Worlds of Fun Announces Major New Ride for 2014!

Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, MO announces SteelHawk, a new ride that will take guests to breathtaking new heights! Get ready to take flight as SteelHawk soars 301 feet in the air and spreads its steel wings at a 45-degree angle at a speed of 8 rotations a minute swinging riders for a 60-second flight.

Approximately 100ft taller than Rip Cord, Mamba, and Detonator riders will experience a sense of exhilaration which will mimic the feeling of free flight. SteelHawk will feature 32 two-person swings that provide gravity-defying thrills as riders’ feet dangle at heights never experienced before at Worlds of Fun. On a clear day you can see stunning views across Kansas City. Families can experience the thrill of SteelHawk together, and with its unique LED light display mounted on the arms; SteelHawk is an outstanding nighttime ride.

“After combining Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun in 2013, we wanted to come back immediately with a major new ride for our guests. SteelHawk takes riders higher than any other ride currently at Worlds of Fun. SteelHawk will be a spectacular showpiece that will be seen for miles,” says Frank Wilburn, Vice President/General Manager.

SteelHawk will be located in the Americana section of the park across from the Patriot and is themed for the majestic birds-of-prey that hunt the prairies of the Midwest. SteelHawk will make its debut in the spring of 2014 at Worlds of Fun.

While awaiting the arrival of this exciting new addition, there is still time to enjoy all the thrills that Worlds of Fun has to offer. Worlds of Fun is open weekends through September 8 including Labor Day on Monday September 2, 2013 followed by this year’s Halloween Haunt beginning Saturday October 14, 2013. Howl-O-Fest and Halloween Haunt run through October 27, 2013.
    EDIT: It has been confirmed that this is Knott's Windseeker.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_n...#ixzz2dWGyl4Im
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 09-03-2013 at 11:54 AM.

• Singing Drinker

Re: Worlds of Fun announces Steelhawk (Knott's Windseeker?) for 2014

It's entirely possible, but I'd say wait till demo starts at Knott's before you completely write Windseeker off. The spring 2014 open doesn't leave them much wiggle room - if the ride's not being installed by January I doubt they can make the date.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Circle of Ancients

I agree, I typically don't like to jump the gun on things like this. With that said, given as many issues as they've had with the Windseekers (not just at Knott's), I can't imagine Cedar Fair would buy another one. Especially since they cancelled the order for the one that was supposed to go in at WoF this year.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

At well I hope we keep Winderseeker...its a fun ride nothing ground breaking but it uses that small space well

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    At well I hope we keep Winderseeker...its a fun ride nothing ground breaking but it uses that small space well
    If they can't get Windseeker working...

Bring back XK-1!

Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

This is the ride from Knott's. Windseeker will never operate at Knott's again.

Just wait until you learn about the hell that Disneyland is going to go through to try to get Big Thunder Mountain reopened. They're making a big mistake by modifying the trains.

The amusement ride inspection arm of OSHA is creating all sorts of new rules and problems for park operators. Damn California bureaucracy.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by ericg View Post
    This is the ride from Knott's. Windseeker will never operate at Knott's again.

Just wait until you learn about the hell that Disneyland is going to go through to try to get Big Thunder Mountain reopened. They're making a big mistake by modifying the trains.

The amusement ride inspection arm of OSHA is creating all sorts of new rules and problems for park operators. Damn California bureaucracy.
    Curiosity - do you have sources on citing OSHA for Big Thunder's delays? What little I've been hearing is either that from very reactionary sources who said that same thing about several other delays, or that there have been "unspecified complications" with something new (infrastructure - not effect or ride) in the controls.

OSHA gets a lot of blame for things they have little to do with or control over.

• Minion

On Friday, spokespeople from Knott’s Berry Farm and Worlds of Fun confirmed that the Knott’s Berry Farm WindSeeker would be moved in the off-season to Kansas City, where it will begin service at Worlds of Fun, renamed the SteelHawk.

Read more: Planned Worlds of Fun attraction has checkered past

it was fun while it lasted for 1 time i went on it. oh well. The state of CA OSA didn't approve it because it's unsafe.

• C4C6C

Windseeker closing

KABC 7 just gave a brief, and I mean brief, story that Knott's announced this ride is officially closed and will be removed.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Windseeker closing

It's going to be moved to Worlds of Fun, right?

That's correct.

Just the turd cherry on top of the **** sundae that today was for me.

First thing in the morning I step in cat puke. Work is unbearably busy and stressful. I break my $60 otterbox. And now my favorite ride at Knott's is officially dead and gone.

I'm going to miss it too! I so hoped it would reopen — I never expected a total removal. It's unprecedented.

Its not unprecedented for Knotts. Anyone remember Vertigo?

10 years and counting since Knotts last major thrill ride!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast