Knotts Scary Farm (VIP question)

Whats up fellow haunt nerds!

I am a frequent HHN VIP goer, is KSF vip anything near that? I got the $220 package for me and my lady at knotts hotel again, 1 night stay, dinner, breakfest, two tickets yada yada, but they also have the $420 package, is it worth it? Or should i just add in 2 $65 frieght lane passes...

THANKS!

going opening night!
    Love meeting new fellow Disney fanatics! Facebook Me: Michael Van Anthony Jr

Re: Knotts Scary Farm (VIP question)

I've done this package a couple years in a row. If nothing has changed from previous years, the $400 VIP package includes front of the line passes to the mazes and rides, in addition to your room, meals, and haunt tickets.

Is it worth it? Only if you plan on doing everything the haunt has to offer in one night. I've attended the haunt for years, and the only way I could get everything done in one evening was to do this VIP package. Otherwise, be prepared to stand in long lines for everything--just the mazes in the haunt can be done in one night with careful planning, but every ride open will have multi hour waits, the haunt gets that packed.

The package you booked should give you a 30 minute pre-opening access ahead of the regular haunt goers, if you don't want to buy the expensive VIP package, I strongly recommend you take advantage of this. Eat and drink before you leave for the park. Show up early to get through security, then once you are through head straight for the themed log ride and mining ride, because those rides have some of the longest waits. Then start hitting up the nearest mazes to those rides, working your way around the park. Somewhere in between all that, take a break to hit up "The Hanging" show in the Calico town square area. Using this strategy you should be able to go through all the mazes and at least hit up one show. I don't recommend on going on any of the other rides unless you have a VIP pass because the waits will be too long. (If you want to go on the rides, its can be cheaper to go during the day during non haunt hours--this time of year Knott's has almost non existant lines during the daytime).

Quote Originally Posted by Heck'sBusDriver View Post
    Show up early to get through security, then once you are through head straight for the themed log ride and mining ride, because those rides have some of the longest waits. Then start hitting up the nearest mazes to those rides, working your way around the park.
    Log ride isn't themed, save time and skip mine ride unless you need see it. Though I would check out log ride anyways since it looks great since the refurb.
    Id skip getting the FOL passes (unless the park ends up being crowded which I don't think it will be) and get tickets to Trapped instead.

• Minion

I've gone opening weekend for the past 6 years and I've never needed FOL pass or VIP for Knotts. I'm always able to do all the mazes and all the major rides.
    Jeff Wayne

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I've gone opening weekend for the past 6 years and I've never needed FOL pass or VIP for Knotts. I'm always able to do all the mazes and all the major rides.
    I definitely agreed with you on this one. I, too, have been going to Knotts on its opening day for the last 6 or 7 years.

Since it's opened this Thursday, I can definitely say that there will be no long lines at all for any maze or ride. with maybe a max wait of 20 or 30 minutes throughout the whole day.

Last year opening day was on a Friday, so the lines were a bit long but still short at certain time in the day.

In my opinion, I've never gotten any FOL pass for Knotts, and I think it's useless on opening day on either a Thursday or Friday unless you have plenty of money to throw away.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360