Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Knott's Trapped: The New Experiment

This is my first time doing Trapped, I didn't get to do it last year. My friend is somewhat scared about the rumored "fear" aspect of Trapped this year. Did anyone attend the first night and can you give me a review? Thanks!
    Last edited by penguinlvr2; 10-02-2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Typo

Re: Knott's Trapped: The New Experience

No reviews of trapped should or will be giving its something that you have to see for yourself a review would ruin it for you

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Yeah, I'd hate to ruin anything. That being said, last year's Trapped was so much better. And I wouldn't recommend looking for anything that goes on, the unknown causes more fear than anything.

• Functional & Decorative

I won't give any details away either. I didn't do last year's, so I can't compare, but I can say that this was not a "jump out and scare you" type maze. More some creepiness, a bit of humor, and puzzle solving.

I liked it, but I don't know if I would have paid more than $10 for it. And there was a room or two I didn't "get" (still not sure if I solved the white room or not).

And in case some of you are scared after hearing about last year's, this year you don't have to eat anything.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

I'm certainly not going to reveal a thing about this year's Trapped, but what I will say is you should do it. Grab some friends and just enjoy being trapped in Trapped!

I did Trapped this last saturday. Definitely not as good as what my friends told me about last year, but still fun and somewhat challenging. I was a big confused though, our group split up into 2 different reservations and the other group said there were a couple different ways to go. I don't want anyone to spoil anything for anyone, but can you confirm this?

Re: Knott's Trapped: The New Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by penguinlvr2 View Post
    This is my first time doing Trapped, I didn't get to do it last year. My friend is somewhat scared about the rumored "fear" aspect of Trapped this year. Did anyone attend the first night and can you give me a review? Thanks!
    I was extremely frustrated with Trapped. We went on Friday night and the park was extremely busy. All the mazes had one hour or longer waits (mirror mirror had a two hour wait) so we purchased fright lane passes. The whole proposition was pretty expensive, over $100 each for admission and fright lane and trapped, but we were OK with paying the price because we wanted to make sure we did everything.

Our reservation for trapped was at 12:30. We approached the front door at 12:20 and asked if it was OK to check in early. They said sure and we went inside and checked in at the podium. After they scanned our reservation sheet, they directed us to wait next door in the "VIP Lounge" until they called our name. The VIP lounge was filthy, undecorated, and had no seats in it. Everybody was sitting on the floor, and everyone looked really board.

After waiting 30 minutes without hearing our name, I went back to the podium and said "Our reservation was for 12:30 but we haven't been called yet. Did you skip us?" The hostess said, "No, you have about 10 groups in front of you." I was pretty angry at that point. Why have a reservation system if you have to wait almost an hour after your reservation to get into the maze!

We didn't wind up getting out of trapped until 1:30 and had 30 minutes to see our last four mazes. We wound up missing two mazes because of that. We did not get to see everything we wanted, despite paying extra for the fright lane! After the park closed, we went to guest relations to complain. Really, I didn't want a refund, I just wanted to be able to come back another night to do the stuff that we missed because getting into trapped took so long despite having a reservation. They refused to offer any sort of haunt related concession. They said that an hour wait for trapped was normal, and we should have planned on it taking that long! They also said that we couldn't get re-admission tickets to Haunt, and all he could give us was a couple of passes to go back to Knott's in the daytime.

I would not recommend doing trapped. It is not worth paying extra to spend an hour waiting on the floor in a "VIP Lounge" and I also can't recommend believe that Knott's was so unconcerned about concerns from a group of guests that spend more than $100 each on fright lane, admission, trapped, dinner, parking etc. and didn't get what they had paid for.

• Foolish Mortal

That is the whole Trapped experience, you give them your money, and thus you are Trapped.

I thought Trapped was fun. For $10 a person (if you have six people), it's an interesting experience and as far as I can tell (I've been through it twice so far with different friends), it seems like they've either added new stuff to it or different routes have slightly different twists.

However, it does seem REALLY short. Each time I did it, I came out going "man, that wasn't very long." I'd say the whole runthrough lasts about 8-10 minutes total, if that.

Advice: it seems as though later reservations get extremely backed up (depending on the crowd level of the night). The first time I did it, we were supposed to check in at 10:30 and had to wait 45 minutes until we actually did the maze. The next time I did it, we were scheduled for 7:30 and walked right into the maze experience.

If anyone wants it, I can do a full write-up with spoiler tags and answer anyone's questions, but it seems like not too many people want that out in the open, so for now, I'll just keep this short (ish) and sweet.

I would love to see a spoiler about trapped, since we did not do it this time. We went last year and I actually read a spoiler before deciding to buy the tickets. My concern was about if my daughter could go thru the maze with her handicaps. I bet the trapped maze flowed nicely on Thursday or Sunday nights.

I was wondering if there may have been different rooms or puzzles or something. We went through last night and I've been looking around online to try and see if I could confirm one way or the other.

I think, for the most part, last year's was better. This year just felt..tamer in a sense. Not having to do anything really gross like eating the bugs last year, though that honestly wasn't that bad, was..well, lame. And some of the things you had to do had potential, but went nowhere because they kinda rushed you along so you never had a chance to be scared by your surroundings or something. And the ending last year was significantly better, I was really expecting some kinda twist like the false end last year.

The first few rooms held promise, but the last three rooms were tiny, non scary, and far too easy to figure out.

The intensity wasn't there this year. Last year, the actor in the kitchen scene, bathroom scene, and even the silent corpse in the morgue were very powerful and constantly making us feel wonderfully uncomfortable. This year, the actor in the bug room was cool, but more of a Beetleguise personality than freaky. Same with the actor in the flooded room. He was a great actor, but I never felt threatened by the him or the situation.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

The guy in the electrical room was awesome hahaha. Again, not really scary, but he definitely was the most memorable part of it.

Save your money and instead go to Delusion Masque of Mortality for an experience you won't ever forget.

Loved Delusion last year, is Masque better?
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast