Knotts Scary Farm -- Question about kids under 13

Just looking for clarification about Knotts scary farm not being child friendly at night. If we keep our 8 year old away from the mazes, would it still be too scary for him to have fun?
    Ryborg

Re: Knotts Scary Farm -- Question about kids under 13

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Just looking for clarification about Knotts scary farm not being child friendly at night. If we keep our 8 year old away from the mazes, would it still be too scary for him to have fun?
    Do not take your 8 year old into the park.

There are monsters that roam the park and jump out and scare and chase you. They do not hold back on trying to scare you, regardless of age.

I don't think I'd take a kid younger than 11 or 12. Even then, not every kid. The monsters do scare you. A lot. Startlements, jumping out at you, sliding past you on their knees, sharp noises. They will chase anybody who runs from them.

As an adult, it's awesome. Not so sure about a kid.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Even if you think your child can handle the scares-just don't do it. It's not just the scary factor-it's also the adult themes factor. There is a lot at Haunt that adults would be able to understand, but a child will have trouble processing without a great deal of explanation.
    Take it from someone who has worked/attended many Haunts and has seen way too many children ( and some adults) scared out of their wits. The former is just not funny, but cruel.

I appreciate all the good info. I guess this trip is going to have to wait until 5-6 more years
    Oh well...

Thanks everyone.
    Ryborg

Sorry. But it really isn't kid-appropriate. You could go without him, and look for yourself, see what other kids are there.

Another thing is to try him on a smaller haunt maze, something local to you- see how he does. They would have the monsters that jump out at you, and you can gauge his reactions, and if he doesn't like it- it's not a big deal to get out and go home. Knotts: if he hates it, you're a long walk from your car and it's kind of expensive.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Former Churro Jockey

Yeah, I would agree every kid is different, so there may be the random 8-year old out there who can totally handle it. You know your child best, so you need to go to Knotts without them first, and then see what you think. In general however, the average 8-year old would absolutely not be able to handle it.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

I have been to haunt several times. I also have a kid around the same age but do not take her with me even though she can handle a lot of scary stuff. I just think it is best to wait until she is at least 11 or 12 to go with. I also go with my brother who is older than me and he is a screamer and a runner. So every person is different. I have seen some adults who can't handle it and children who can. So each person is different. I would advise a smaller haunted attraction near you before attempting haunt because it will give you more of an idea.