• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Cedar Fair: Record 3rd Quarter Profits & Incoming Dark Rides!

So Cedar Fair posted a great 3rd quarter of profits. I'm sure a solid Halloween Haunt season helped, not only here at Knott's - but at the other parks. Again, Ouimet is doing a fantastic job turning Cedar Fair around.

• Cedar Fair reported record net revenues of $592.1 million in the third quarter. This 7% increase over last year's third quarter reflects the Company's continued success in increasing revenues across all areas of its business, including attendance, in-park guest spending and out-of-park revenues.
    • Cedar Fair's parks are on pace for a fourth straight record year as net revenues through November 3, 2013 increased 6% and comparable park attendance increased 2% when compared with the same period last year.
    • On the strength of its core operating season, the Company now expects to achieve full-year net revenues between $1.125 billion and $1.135 billion. It also anticipates being at the high end of its Adjusted EBITDA guidance range of $415 million to $425 million, a 6% to 9% increase over last year's record Adjusted EBITDA.
    • The Company believes the continued strength of its business model, combined with strategic capital investments, will allow it to achieve its FUNforward long-term growth goal of $450 million in Adjusted EBITDA earlier than its original target of 2016.

Bigger news, their "first" of their "Amusement Dark" portfolio sounds interesting:

"We will also introduce the first edition of our Amusement Dark portfolio - Guardian of Wonder Mountain at Canada's Wonderland. This innovative new ride combines a coaster track with an interactive digital gaming system. The longest interactive screen in the world provides a compelling adventure in search of the dragon's gold and, as Halloween approaches, the adventure changes as zombies make their presence known."

Notice it says "First Edition" - this might be a trial run. Hope it means that Knott's gets a dark ride eventually.

Full Press Release.
    -Monorail Man

Re: Cedar Fair: Record 3rd Quarter Profits & Incoming Dark Rides!

My fingers remain crossed for Knott's dark ride future.

• Singing Drinker

On the one hand it sounds awesome - I'm seeing a themed spinning wild mouse (a la Exterminator at Kennywood) with target shooting for some reason. On the other... Zombie dragons...?
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Mr. Lynxwiler: Have you heard anything about a refurbishment for the Calico Mine Train ride? I remember reading comments from Knott's or Cedar Fair management that if the Timber Mtn. Log Ride refurb were successful (don't think anyone could question its success), that the mine train ride reburb would be next.

I asked a park ride operator a few weeks ago, and he said the only big project on the immediate horizon was the dismantling of WindSeeker for its move to the Kansas City park.

I appeeciate any insight you might have.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

This is really great to hear! Only means better days ahead for Knott"s!

• Goofy

sounds great to hear

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    Mr. Lynxwiler: Have you heard anything about a refurbishment for the Calico Mine Train ride? I remember reading comments from Knott's or Cedar Fair management that if the Timber Mtn. Log Ride refurb were successful (don't think anyone could question its success), that the mine train ride reburb would be next.
    So many rumors, but I can't say which one is true. There's been a lot of talking going on about such a rehab, but the details remain murky. I'd really like to see it happen though!