Thread: New for 2014!

New for 2014!

Re: New for 2014!

Fantastic news! Glad that Camp Snoopy will be getting some TLC along with Calico.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

The Calico Mine Train will feature 50 Audio Animatronics from Garner Holt. Sounds like an impressive new dark ride experience using the beloved Calico Mine Train. This has me excited to return to the Park next year.

• Singing Drinker

Oddly I'm looking forward to Camp Snoopy getting some TLC more than the CMR.

I remember Snoopy when it opened - I was *just* young enough to get the benefit of the area without being too old/big for any part of it. The Playhouse with it's DEFINITELY not-safe-for-modern-audiences-though-perfectly-ok-at-the-time cargo netting, slides and more. The various suspension and pontoon bridges. The overall "forest" theme that made CS feel like somewhere truly not the middle of OC.

Bits and pieces of that are still there, but the intervening decades and shifts in public attitudes have not been kind to the area. I'm really hoping they do it justice in the refurb.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• failure for lunch

I'm thrilled about the Mine Ride redux finally being official!!

I'm also pleasantly surprised about Camp Snoopy. I remember just being there a week ago lamenting to my wife (and probably boring her to death) about how much of a shell it is of it's former self. We were sitting by the waterfall, and I went on for 20 minutes about how the whole area used to look like that. I probably could have went on for longer too.

It's so cool watching Knott's come back from the dead.
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

I was too old to enjoy Camp Snoopy when it opened, but I really liked the land regardless. Even though IU couldn't ride the rides, it was in the 1980s a great and beautiful place to simply hang out and enjoy the green landscape. Looking back at old photos, the floral beds of wildflowers were amazing and now they're just gone. The petting zoo, the koi pond, the suspension bridges and meandering paths were brilliant. Of course I was a fan of the Beary Tales Funhouse and miss it and its parent ride tremendously. Without those supporting details which disappeared in bits and pieces, Camp Snoopy became a carny embarrassment and I'm ecstatic Cedar Fair is finally turning the tide.

Thank you! And please keep the Huff n Puff!

• Minion

That's very exciting news! Looks like I'll be renewing our passes for certain now!

i wonder what new rides r going in camp snoopy, i read that there r 3 new rides going to snoopy land haha