Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I love my family!

Windseeker removal begins?

Saw a large crane set up next to Windseeker on the way into work this morning, also noticed that the red beacon lights were off a sign that power has already been cut to the tower.

So, I guess it's safe to say Windseekers removal is imminent.

I pass the park everyday on the way to and from work, so I'll update if I see any progress.

• Singing Drinker

Re: Windseeker removal begins?

*Salutes*

Farewell, Windseeker. I... er... honestly never even got to be in the park while you were open, let alone ride you. Now if they could just put XK-1 back in that spot...
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Indeed it is!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Too bad that they couldn't rectify operating issues and other problems with the state. It is a pleasant ride, if you don't have a fear of heights.

I rode it a few times and liked it a lot. It was gentle and had a wonderful, unobstructed view. Of course, I'm not one of the dozen or so people who got stuck up there, but...

• I love my family!

Passed by the park today and from the freeway Windseeker's tower looks like it's now the same height or maybe shorter than the Sky Cabin tower.

I'm guessing the ride will be completely gone by the weekend.

• Restless Adventurer

What will Knott's place in the footprint? I am guessing midway games. Oh joy...

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by lynxwiler View Post
    I rode it a few times and liked it a lot. It was gentle and had a wonderful, unobstructed view . . .
    I also liked it, especially for the views from it.
    And I loved how it looked at night with its spinning lights 300 feet off of the ground,
    and
    I was impressed that Knott's never seemed to never allow even one burned out light on Windseeker on the nights I watched it.

I did think that Knott's was going to be sued by a male guest who was going to injure his ----- while getting on that ride.

Windseeker didn't take up much room, so I wouldn't mind a garden area with fountains, shade and benches in its place.

Or maybe a permanent dia de los muertos styled ride-through attraction with at least two live actors and the ability to plus the attraction for the Scary Farm.

Or let Mexico put in a Mexican pavilion with a 3D travel film in there.

Despite than Knott's has much less money to work with than Disney, I have more confidence in Cedar Fair's (formerly Disneyland's) Matt Ouimet than I do in anyone at Disney.

• I love my family!

Quick update, the tower only had 3 pieces remaining when I passed by this afternoon and I'm thinking it will be gone by tomorrow morning.
    I will post again in the morning if it is.[

QUOTE=MrTour;1057054669]What will Knott's place in the footprint? I am guessing midway games. Oh joy...[/QUOTE]

I'm hopping for a new flatride, the footprint really isn't big enough for anything larger, what they end up doing to the queue may provide the answer.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I also liked it, especially for the views from it.
    And I loved how it looked at night with its spinning lights 300 feet off of the ground,
    and
    I was impressed that Knott's never seemed to never allow even one burned out light on Windseeker on the nights I watched it.

I did think that Knott's was going to be sued by a male guest who was going to injure his ----- while getting on that ride.

Windseeker didn't take up much room, so I wouldn't mind a garden area with fountains, shade and benches in its place.

Or maybe a permanent dia de los muertos styled ride-through attraction with at least two live actors and the ability to plus the attraction for the Scary Farm.

Or let Mexico put in a Mexican pavilion with a 3D travel film in there.

Despite than Knott's has much less money to work with than Disney, I have more confidence in Cedar Fair's (formerly Disneyland's) Matt Ouimet than I do in anyone at Disney.
    I second the garden/bench area. Sometimes, less is more and I think in this case that would work out well.

• Disney friends are #1

Glad I was one of those who got to ride it while it was operational. When this ride went in, wasn't it one of eight that were being installed into other parks in addition to Knott's? Haven't the other clones gone back into regular operation, instead of being removed? Why did this one have to be dismantled instead of retrofitted to meet California's safety standards. Seems sort of extreme to me.
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Osha mainly and Dosh

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• I love my family!

As of this morning, there is no sign of the tower or the crane, so I guess it's safe to say that Windseeker has officially left the building.

• #bringevilback

The crane was gone Friday morning but some of the tower was left at that point, about the height of jaguar. I would guess by now it's completely gone...

i wonder what they will put in that spot maybe nothing yet cus there doing camp snoopy and calico mine ride

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast