Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Amazing Knott's deal! + change the name of "Season" Pass!

Quote Originally Posted by whydoyoucare View Post
    I'm confused. You state the aforementioned however I've encountered no issues thankfully. When i purchased them back in 2012 for the 2013 season, iirc the missus and I went 2x, once prior to new yrs & the 2nd time for new yrs which we paid 20 since we were allowed an additional visit for 9.99 within the same year.

Now that the year is about to end, I can still go & not have to pay any fee despite already having renewed though the way I'm interpreting your message is that if you purchased your season pass say november 25, 2012 for the following year, you should be allowed to visit the entire year as that's what it consists of however it seems as though you have to pay 9.99 after the year from date of purchase is up, you have to pay the additional 9.99 for said visit within the year?
    Maybe I read your message wrong, but the bottom part was a little confusing.

Basically: I wish Knott's passes were like Disneyland's. If I buy mine on November 25, 2013 - it expires November 25, 2014. I don't mind really, but now that I have a pass for Knott's (which I purchased in December) I am allowed one free visit this year, but the pass isn't "active" until 2014. If I want to visit the park and my one free visit is up, I have to pay $9.99 to get in until Jan 1, 2014 - and then pass is good all year.

I'm not complaining, it's just something I wish they did.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Maybe I read your message wrong, but the bottom part was a little confusing.

Basically: I wish Knott's passes were like Disneyland's. If I buy mine on November 25, 2013 - it expires November 25, 2014. I don't mind really, but now that I have a pass for Knott's (which I purchased in December) I am allowed one free visit this year, but the pass isn't "active" until 2014. If I want to visit the park and my one free visit is up, I have to pay $9.99 to get in until Jan 1, 2014 - and then pass is good all year.

I'm not complaining, it's just something I wish they did.
    With you on that. I understand why they do it though - different operational strategies. Disneyland and the SoCal market are a rarity in the US theme park world with year round operations. They're becoming less rare as more mid-American parks opt for full year ops, but CF's still operating on the seasonal plan outside KBF (Carowinds, King's Dominion, Cedar Point etc.).
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    With you on that. I understand why they do it though - different operational strategies. Disneyland and the SoCal market are a rarity in the US theme park world with year round operations. They're becoming less rare as more mid-American parks opt for full year ops, but CF's still operating on the seasonal plan outside KBF (Carowinds, King's Dominion, Cedar Point etc.).
    That makes sense. I thought that years back they had the same type of pass that Disneyland has, but it's been so long I could be wrong. I think the main reason I feel this way right now is because I've been once with my pass (my one free visit), and I'm chomping at the bit to go back.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post

Looks like you answered your own question & saved me the trouble sir as I was about to explain that this is how it works.

here' my example. i purchased my first yr back in oct of 2011 for haunt. i went again back in november (freebie) & later on new yrs (9.99 x2) then when i returned back in 2012, no charges incurred. when I go again this new yrs (if applicable) even though the year is up but I renewed, i still get to go in at no cost considering 2013 has not ended. however bear in mind I also renewed my passes for 2014.

essentially you're good to go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12