Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• former CM

Amazing Knott's deal! + change the name of "Season" Pass!

A Knott's Season Pass is just $78!

Knott's should change the name of that pass
    since it usually covers far more than one season. In fact, if you get one this month it covers more than four seasons!

Currently if
    you buy a season pass you get in one day in December of this year (2013)
    and get all of 2014 with no blackout dates,
    and discounts of some food, merchandise and the Scary Farm.
    And additional visits in December of 2013 are just $9.95 each.
    That's less than one Disneyland candy cane! (They cost $12.95.)

Knott's
    should run ad ad: "For about the price of these six candy canes at Disneyland, you could purchase a Knott's Seasonal Pass." (
    The cost of the pass--$78 divided by $12.95 = 6.02 candy canes.)

From Andy Castro's Dec. 2, 2013 weekly Disneyland update:
    "If you don’t want to get to the parks that early, Disney is selling pre-made candy canes. They are made with the same technique and same ingredients, just off-stage and not on the same day you buy them."

. . . . . . . . . . . .. . ^ ^ Disneyland! $ $ $ $ $

--Tom Sinsky
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-03-2013 at 03:59 PM.

• former CM

Re: Amazing Knott's deal! + change the name of "Season" Pass!

And if you do go to Knott's, here again are some tips:

Go on the improved yet classic log ride first. It'll have long lines.

The Ghost Town area is charming. Talk with the many skilled folks who work there, including the prisoner. (I used to tell him my kid's name before we approached his cell.)

Ride the Pony Express second and if no crowd is there yet and the employees will let you stay on, ride it around twice. (It's so short, it should take everyone around twice--then it's a very good ride.)

Ride the train; beware of robbers.

Ride the Stagecoach.

The bumper cars are not too slow for 10-year-olds and their parents.

In my opinion, Mystery Lodge has aged surprisingly well.

If it's hot and you see the western stunt show in the outdoor theatre, sit in a covered wagon or--if they're full--sit in the spash area near the stage.

Beverages are even more expensive at Knott's than they are at Disneyland, but any window serving beverages will be happy to give you free glasses of ice water.

See the saloon show in the summer. They have two funny can-can dancers in the show during the summer that might make you miss Disney's Golden and Diamond Horseshoe Revues.

Jaguar is a great, first, big coaster for kids.
    Accelerator is a nice, last, big coaster for aging adults.

Here's a controversial suggestion I only recommend for holders of Knott's (reasonably priced!) Season Passes who live within an hour of Knott's:
    Save on parking by making shorter, more frequent visits. You may park for free for three hours close to (and SE of) the park entrance just past TGIF. So come for the first three hours, then drive away for a better, more reasonably priced lunch (Souplantation, Mimi's) on your way to the beach or a movie in Downtown Disney (with AMC tickets from Costco), and maybe return to Knott's for three more hours later in the day for its shows and less crowded attractions.

At Christmas time enjoy the small stage shows in Birdcage Theater. My daughter enjoyed the Christmas parade where guest kid marchers (who had rehearsed) added a charming small town-like feel. Snoopy on Ice shows have ranged from good to excellent.

Season passes don't include the phenomonal, transcendent Halloween Scary Farm , which you must experience. (Visit that in late Sept. for shorter lines and fresher monsters.) The Hanging is an insightful chronicle of our times; stand in the "slash area" near the stage. I wouldn't bring kids under 13 even though my daughter loved Universal's House of Horrors when she was 7.

Knott's Season Pass might be the best theme park deal in S. Cal. I hope some of the tips are helpful! Please add your own.

--Tom Sinsky
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-11-2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Bumper car update

• Singing Drinker

I've been out of the loop on KBF passes for a while - have they moved to a calendar year system? I can't make this program make sense without it, and IIRC Cedar Fair's other properties issue calendar year passes rather than year from purchase.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Functional & Decorative

^Yes, it's now calendar year. One nice perk if renewing... there's no pics on the pass, so you can just keep it, renew online, and you don't need a new pass mailed to you. Makes life much simpler.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

I'm buying a Knott's pass with my girlfriend later this month. Disney is way too expensive and I'm pretty fed up.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Picking one up this weekend with a buddy of mine. It's been about 10 years since I've had a pass there!

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    And if you do go to Knott's, here again are some tips:

Go on the improved yet classic log ride first. It'll have long lines.

The Ghost Town area is charming. Talk with the many skilled folks who work there, including the prisoner. (I used to tell him my kid's name before we approached his cell.)

Ride the Pony Express second and if no crowd is there yet and the employees will let you stay on, ride it around twice. (It's so short, it should take everyone around twice--then it's a very good ride.)

Ride the train; beware of robbers.

Ride the Stagecoach.

The bumper cars are not too slow for 10-year-olds and their parents, but it's closed during Scary Farm season.

In my opinion, Mystery Lodge has aged surprisingly well.

If it's hot and you see the western stunt show in the outdoor theatre, sit in a covered wagon or--if they're full--sit in the spash area near the stage.

Beverages are even more expensive at Knott's than they are at Disneyland, but any window serving beverages will be happy to give you free glasses of ice water.

See the saloon show in the summer. They have two funny can-can dancers in the show during the summer that might make you miss Disney's Golden and Diamond Horseshoe Revues.

Jaguar is a great, first, big coaster for kids.
    Accelerator is a nice, last, big coaster for aging adults.

Here's a controversial suggestion I only recommend for holders of Knott's (reasonably priced!) Season Passes who live within an hour of Knott's:
    Save on parking by making shorter, more frequent visits. You may park for free for three hours close to (and SE of) the park entrance just past TGIF. So come for the first three hours, then drive away for a better, more reasonably priced lunch (Souplantation, Mimi's) on your way to the beach or a movie in Downtown Disney (with AMC tickets from Costco), and maybe return to Knott's for three more hours later in the day for its shows and less crowded attractions.

At Christmas time enjoy the small stage shows in Birdcage Theater. My daughter enjoyed the Christmas parade where guest kid marchers (who had rehearsed) added a charming small town-like feel. Snoopy on Ice shows have ranged from good to excellent.

Season passes don't include the phenomonal, transcendent Halloween Scary Farm , which you must experience. (Visit that in late Sept. for shorter lines and fresher monsters.) The Hanging is an insightful chronicle of our times; stand in the "slash area" near the stage. I wouldn't bring kids under 13 even though my daughter loved Universal's House of Horrors when she was 7.

Knott's Season Pass might be the best theme park deal in S. Cal. I hope some of the tips are helpful! Please add your own.

--Tom Sinsky
    Excellent info here. I did bold the part about the bumper cars, as they were actually open this year for KSF. I know in years past they had a maze there, but this year there wasn't a maze and we went on the bumper cars.

• Minion

My son and I had passes this past year. We paid a little extra for the premium passes which included parking, admission to the water park and 20% off ANY purchases. Both our passes combined were still cheaper than just ONE of the cheapest Disneyland passes and no block out dates! Also Knotts is never as crowded or crazy as Disneyland especially during the week. Last week my son and I went on a monday afternoon and the place was nearly deserted. We rode rides over and over again. Must have rode everything in the park in about 2 hours!

I'm also excited about the refurb of Camp Snoopy and the Mine ride this coming spring.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I went for my first time in ages last Friday and like I mentioned above, I bought a pass. There was cool weather, no crowds, and we rode everything we wanted more than once with no rush. I only wish their passes weren't calendar based as opposed to having them expire a year from purchase. Still, $9.99 is dirt cheap to get in if you are so inclined.

It was so nice to visit a theme park that I not only hadn't been to in a so long, but also one that wasn't Disneyland. Coincidentally, I actually went to Disneyland that following Sunday and it was a madhouse. Needless to say, it will be nice to visit Knott's now as opposed to the organized chaos that is Disneyland.

• failure for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I went for my first time in ages last Friday and like I mentioned above, I bought a pass. There was cool weather, no crowds, and we rode everything we wanted more than once with no rush. I only wish their passes weren't calendar based as opposed to having them expire a year from purchase. Still, $9.99 is dirt cheap to get in if you are so inclined.

It was so nice to visit a theme park that I not only hadn't been to in a so long, but also one that wasn't Disneyland. Coincidentally, I actually went to Disneyland that following Sunday and it was a madhouse. Needless to say, it will be nice to visit Knott's now as opposed to the organized chaos that is Disneyland.
    So what did you think about the Log Ride renovation??
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

ihope the reno to calico is or will b as good as the log ride hope camp snoopy will be good again

• failure for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by sweetman34 View Post
    ihope the reno to calico is or will b as good as the log ride hope camp snoopy will be good again
    I'm so stoked to see what they do to it. All that ride really needs is an update.
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

mainly the animatronics and just stuff in the mine outside theres lot to do

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    So what did you think about the Log Ride renovation??
    They did such a good job of blending the old with the new seamlessly. It's the same classic ride, but all shiny and new.

Talk about a breath of fresh air. I can't wait to ride it again.

• Banned User

Question Re: Amazing Knott's deal! + change the name of "Season" Pass!

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I only wish their passes weren't calendar based as opposed to having them expire a year from purchase.

I'm confused. You state the aforementioned however I've encountered no issues thankfully. When i purchased them back in 2012 for the 2013 season, iirc the missus and I went 2x, once prior to new yrs & the 2nd time for new yrs which we paid 20 since we were allowed an additional visit for 9.99 within the same year.

Now that the year is about to end, I can still go & not have to pay any fee despite already having renewed though the way I'm interpreting your message is that if you purchased your season pass say november 25, 2012 for the following year, you should be allowed to visit the entire year as that's what it consists of however it seems as though you have to pay 9.99 after the year from date of purchase is up, you have to pay the additional 9.99 for said visit within the year?
    Last edited by whydoyoucare; 12-12-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast