Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Singing Drinker

Re: Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies to return to Knotts!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Most of their music are cover songs, IIRC.
    Covers or arrangements of traditional songs, really.

It depends on the contract they had with Disney when they recorded. Best case scenario is they got one over on Disney and whatever terms they secured define the payout. Outsider scenario would be Disney licensing the music and them *possibly* seeing a small cut from the licensing agencies eventually maybe. Likely scenario is that they performed the music as a contracted group of Disney employees providing a service to the park and won't get anything from it.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    As much as I like the 'Billies - Knott's is still not on my list.
    agreed. Knotts looks like the county fair met the swap meet

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    agreed. Knotts looks like the county fair met the swap meet
    I gotta say, all the negativity about Knotts has me intrigued even more to go there and see for myself why folks say it's so.

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    Sorry for derailing the thread. It's been 20 years or so since I last visited Knott's and I know Matt Ouimet is now in charge there. I think Six Flags is the bottom of the bottom of theme parks - is it really better than Knott's?

Well, since you asked....

The only thing I do at Knott's is ride the rides. Six Flags has better rides.

The shows at Knott's don't interest me. The western town is the only themed area, and I found it empty and closed. The food was just as bad as it is everywhere else (I don't eat fried chicken). I haven't been to Knott's in four years and really have no interest in going back. It wasn't even like anything angered me or alienated me.

At least Six Flags has some great roller coasters, like X2 and Tatsu. Silver Bullet and Xcelerator(?) are just meh, in my opinion. The mine train ride was ok, but it felt too much like an inferior version of Big Thunder. I liked Ghost Rider, but the park was so empty the last time I was there that I was able to ride it over and over. I guess I just got it out of my system, or realized that it pales in comparison to Colossus.

I haven't been to Six Flags in 3 or 4 years either. In fact, I let my last season pass expire without going once (in 2008, I think). But, despite it being much further away, I would like to go back so I can check out Green Goblin and Full Throttle.

The funny thing, though, is that I don't rank rides high on my priority list when I'm at Disneyland. I like watching the shows, taking pictures at the meet and greets, taking in the atmosphere, etc. It's typically the people I'm with that make sure we get in a few rides. It's just that there's so much to do and see.

• Minion

I'm glad I can go to any amusement park, whether greatly themed or minimally themed, and still have fun.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

I doubt overall this will make much difference for Knotts, unless someone was already planning to go to Knotts, I don't see this drawing many new visitors.

I haven't been to Knotts in years and likely wont be going anytime soon, the park just doesn't interest me in its current form.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I'm glad I can go to any amusement park, whether greatly themed or minimally themed, and still have fun.
    Don't get me wrong. I still have fun when I go; it's still a shared experience with others around me. I just have no interest in going to Knott's, no motivation to give them my money. I'd rather go elsewhere.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    I doubt overall this will make much difference for Knotts, unless someone was already planning to go to Knotts, I don't see this drawing many new visitors.
    Not really sure that that was the goal. I think the idea might just be to offer quality entertainment. Not everything has to exist just to draw tons of new visitors. That's more Disney's game now (something like "Jingle Cruise" needs to be advertised and promoted like it's an entirely new attraction just to try and pack more people into Disneyland). Sometimes a park can just focus on adding little things a bit at a time to improve the overall atmosphere and experience.

I went to Knotts for the first time last year. It was ok at best. The Mine Ride and Log Ride were both let downs, especially the Log Ride. Heard a lot about it before I went and it was just not impressive. The Mine Ride was ok, nothing special though. Ghost Town was nicely themed, everything else, not so much. The Roller Coasters are okay, but I didnt feel like I went on anything great after riding them all a few times.

Mrs Knotts friend chicken on the other hand... amazing. My date had the turkey dinner and that was also very good.

• failure for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by superlarz View Post
    I went to Knotts for the first time last year. It was ok at best. The Mine Ride and Log Ride were both let downs, especially the Log Ride. Heard a lot about it before I went and it was just not impressive. The Mine Ride was ok, nothing special though. Ghost Town was nicely themed, everything else, not so much. The Roller Coasters are okay, but I didnt feel like I went on anything great after riding them all a few times.

Mrs Knotts friend chicken on the other hand... amazing. My date had the turkey dinner and that was also very good.
    How is it even possible to be let down from the Log Ride???
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

all im saying stop being so rude to knotts the food is fine the parks doing much better then it has in yrs so stop back mouthing the park and shut the hell up and get a life people come on its a theme park we all love it and let it b and or get off this site get a life

Yet another brilliant move by Knott's management!

Krazy Kirk & the Hillbillies have found a wonderful new home, a place where they've always belonged.

For anyone who still hasn't purchased a Knott's Season Pass, you're missing out on one of the best bargains around.

I love Knott's, they are my second favorite park after the Disneyland parks. Congrats to the Hillbillies!

Has anyone watched one of their performances at Knott's? I was wondering how long the set was and is the same style performance as their shows at Disneyland.

We were able to see them last Sat night finally. We made it to the last show. Loved it. Sure hope that Knotts keeps them!! Cant wait for the next time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12