Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: New Parking Changes...

This change means little to me - yes, I've used the 3 hour lot to visit the park quite often but it's really not right, and I can either pay $55 a year or buy something in one of the stores. A piece of candy, a jar of jelly or a fresh baked good is not going to prevent me from renewing my pass; it's trivial.

I hadn't thought about ADA accessibility in the stores; that's a good point. Virginia's and the Emporium both look horribly empty/void of merchandise and maybe that is the reason after all.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

It looked to me, today, like getting rid of the street parking may have hurt some of the Chicken Dinner restaurant business. We were there at lunch today at 1PM, no line, on a Saturday!! Usually there's a very long line with, seemingly, a lot of elderly people. Inside didn't see many older folks at all. I'm thinking that longer walk may keep them away.
    Mike

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    It looked to me, today, like getting rid of the street parking may have hurt some of the Chicken Dinner restaurant business. We were there at lunch today at 1PM, no line, on a Saturday!! Usually there's a very long line with, seemingly, a lot of elderly people. Inside didn't see many older folks at all. I'm thinking that longer walk may keep them away.
    I think you are right.......
    If the Older folks have hard time walking...just to get to the Chicken Dinner restaurant ..........this will hurt ther Chicken Dinner business!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Kind of irks me that people who are going into the park is using the free parking. Being a lifelong local, I have always grown up knowing that the free three hour parking was for the marketplace only. Now we have a slew of APers thinking they could use this parking so that they can go into the parks. I guess Disneyland isn't the only place where the APer's have a sense of entitlement.

• former CM

$55 sounds reasonable to me. Maybe because '55 is. . .

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Knott's on one side of the marketplace only parking lot have a sign say no AP parking you will pay for parking

I do read Sign and had to drive around three time to use my AP pass parking
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Thanks for all the input and opinions of others on this thread I created. Now that we're in the month of March and the parking restrictions are currently enforced, I'm wondering how things have been working in the just these 2 days? Granted, it's been raining, so I'm sure Knott's has been closed due to the excessive rain we've been having lately. But for anyone who plans to go to Knott's next week (when the rain ends), plz share with us your experience of the new parking changes and what you've encountered. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    The number of spaces in front of the the CDR was insignificant to begin with, more suitable for someone picking up Chicken to Go than going to dinner at Mrs. Knotts. I don't think that change affected the business there. Sunday is usually the big day there, a lot of people do the after church dinner with family there. Possibly the fact that the Winter Olympics were still going on that date may have caused a decrease in patronage.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I understand why they would want to make this change. However (and like others have said), this is going to hurt not only the business of the California Marketplace but it's also going to cause a passholder drop off in daily attendance I think.

For instance, I live in Anaheim and can't get over to Knott's until the afternoon on most weekdays. The 3 hour lot works perfect because it's not a far walk, and as long as I'm out before those 3 hours are up, I'm good. Win/win. Now, I either have to pay a flat rate of $25 for the 2 1/2 to 3 hours I am spending in the park, or just not go at all. The price to pay to add parking on a season pass is almost as much as my actual pass was itself. That's crazy. I see this impacting them - and not in a great way.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Now, I either have to pay a flat rate of $25 for the 2 1/2 to 3 hours I am spending in the park, or just not go at all. The price to pay to add parking on a season pass is almost as much as my actual pass was itself.
    I don't think that's correct. A visitor only pays the $25 fee if they go over 3 hours parking time without a California Marketplace validation.

So, as I understand it, you can buy a Marketplace cookie for $1.50 and park for the three hours without a parking fee.

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by lynxwiler View Post
    So, as I understand it, you can buy a Marketplace cookie for $1.50 and park for the three hours without a parking fee.

Right?
    Exactly. Or, park in the all day lot for $15, or add it to your pass for $55 for unlimited.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    Exactly. Or, park in the all day lot for $15, or add it to your pass for $55 for unlimited.
    Thanks (both of you!) for clearing that up. That makes a little more sense. It's basically like Downtown Disney's parking lot.

I still think the prices are a little crazy. A Season Pass is $84. Adding parking to that is over half of what the actual pass itself is. The non validation price of $25 is steep, too. Especially when compared to Downtown Disney's hourly rate, and the fact that all day parking at Knott's is $15.

I guess this just means get it validated if you park there!

Quote Originally Posted by lynxwiler View Post
    I don't think that's correct. A visitor only pays the $25 fee if they go over 3 hours parking time without a California Marketplace validation.

Right?

I don't think getting a validation for three hours of parking is an issue; it's more what happens once you go over the three-hour mark, with or without validation.

A friend recently reported that his group awhile back went to Sunday brunch, with one person wanting to also do a little shopping afterwards. They were gone a little over three hours and ended up paying a few dollars for it. I also paid the $2-4 charge once for going slightly over three hours - not a big deal.

Now, those same scenarios incur a $25 fine; far beyond what would be the case at the big Parks down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    And once I purchase parking to my season pass, I just hope Knott's doesn't charge us extra to park during Knott's Scary Farm.
    Unfortunately you will have to pay an additional $5 up charge during knots scary farm however, should you stay there the entire day you will not have to do so. Sorry if this was already posted as this came to mind when i replied to your message.
    Last edited by helloeveryone; 03-10-2014 at 08:29 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Was just at Knott's going to the Chicken Dinner Restaurant this past Friday, and what struck me indeed was a potential cut in the 'senior' business at that restaurant in particular, given the distance now in parking spaces and the added walking to get there. The restaurant still had decent business, with 9-10 tables full in the room our party ate in at about 1 o'clock on a weekday, and a large party of eight people waiting to be seated, but there was definitely a lack in the small parties of seniors (usually couples or parties of 3) dining which has been the norm there for a while. It's not a big deal to buy something small (a pastry or a drink, let alone if looking for souvenirs) or have lunch to get validation and avoid any issues entirely, but that aspect of added 'hassle' for the mid-day clientele at Mrs. Knott's may pan out in souring some folks on this change.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast