Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question New Parking Changes...

I'm just curious what others feel about the new parking changes going into affect on Saturday, March 1st within the 3 hour parking lot? And once I purchase parking to my season pass, I just hope Knott's doesn't charge us extra to park during Knott's Scary Farm.

Re: New Parking Changes...

I wouldn't be surprised if Disneyland follows along and changes their three hour parking fees at Downtown Disney. Both parks have had issues by giving away free parking. Changing the rules to make a buck doesn't surprise me either.

I know I can manage Knott's three hour parking limit by buying a jar of preserves while I'm at the California Marketplace; I could always keep another jar in my pantry.

The change is poorly thought out, and it'll negatively affect business for the California Marketplace. Rather than have a $25 fine for those going over three hours, have a reasonable rate, much like they have today. Park management simply took something that wasn't broken, and broke it.

Perhaps this is a knee jerk reaction to the possible drop in business in the shops in the Market Place. If you haven't noticed there has been a significant readjustment in the layout of the retail outlets. IMHO it looks like that they have been made more ADA compliant, i.e. aisle ways increased, which meant a reduction in the number of items being displayed. It wouldn't surprise me if their gross started dropping after that. You walk in the front door of Virginia's and it looks empty compared to what it has been in the past. On the other hand it's no secret that a great many local annual pass holders use the lot to grab a couple of rides after work or school then head home. I agree that there has to be a happy medium someplace.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Talk about parking, I was ride on the Art city bus about knotts parking.
    On New year eve, knotts have a cast member standing on the corner of the street tell you to turn right for parking lot. This do not work if you are in the left lane. knotts need ask the City if they can put up big road signs in the middle of the road or put smaller sign farer down from the corner, This will help on a pack day to find parking.

Knotts Marketplace need a sign that say Park parking to the left only short time or marketplace parking only. Some time people will drive behind the car is front of them and hope this is the right way for parking.

One time I drive around three time to find long time parking.
    I like say signs down the road before you need make turn.

One more think to ask city if knott's can use road cones and sign for park off site parking.

All I have to say better information and signs
    Last edited by akfandisney; 02-11-2014 at 01:37 AM. Reason: change
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• #bringevilback

I just heard about this and I think it's crazy! $25 is STEEP! You could easily spend over 3 hours on a weekend for Mrs. Knotts once you factor is the sometimes 1.5 hour wait if it's very busy. I'm one of the season passholders who used the 3 hour lot exclusively but I also have purchased a good amount of mech, although not every time. I am extremely glad we waited to buy this year's pass, as we no longer will be buying them.

Out of curiosity, how much is it to add on parking for the year?

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    . . . Out of curiosity, how much is it to add on parking for the year?
    Good question. Is that even an option?

Maybe that mall to the east of Knott's could (on uncrowded days) have an all-day parking area for, say, $7 or $8. We'd happily hike over.

• Minion

Unfortunately I know some people that take full advantage of the free disabled parking in front of the marketplace. They never pay for parking and just park in a disabled spot for the day meanwhile I have to pay for a platinum pass so I can park in the regular parking lot.

• Playtester

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Good question. Is that even an option? Maybe that mall to the east of Knott's could (on uncrowded days) have an all-day parking area for, say, $7 or $8. We'd happily hike over.
    It is. It's $55 for the year for the parking pass. I put it on my son's pass like I did at Disneyland, so whoever has the kids has the parking pass.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Just look it up on Knott's web site and show that Park Parking lot charge $15 dollars for one day

so it's cheeper to take your car to water park parking lot and then the marketplace parking lot.
    If you are going take more three hours

marketplace First hour Free and If buy something Two more hour free.
    after that is flat fee of $25.00

One more thing think about. Do the Store and TG friday close when the Park close
    and you get only three hour free after valet ticket. or no one there at the booth?

How about the Hotel parking lot?
    Last edited by akfandisney; 02-18-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    Just look it up on Knott's web site and show that Park Parking lot charge $15 dollars for one day

so it's cheeper to take your car to water park parking lot and then the marketplace parking lot.
    If you are going take more three hours

marketplace First hour Free and If buy something Two more hour free.
    after that is flat fee of $25.00

One more thing think about. Do the Store and TG friday close when the Park close
    and you get only three hour free after valet ticket. or no one there at the booth?

How about the Hotel parking lot?
    I'm sure the higher rate is to encourage people to pay the $15 instead of risking the $25, as well as to discourage people stopping in at the parks from using the (former) 3 hour lot. It's also probably going to be a huge incentive to add parking for all the passholders who used to use the lot. For me, I'm just not getting a pass...

• C4C6C

This is what you do if you are just minutes over the 3 hour mark. Many cars will most likely be trying to get out. Pull up to the attendant and begin to argue the fact you have to pay $25. Ask to see a supervisor, who is probably not near by. This will begin to back up cars in the exit. Hopefully they just let you pass. If a supervisor does come and doesn't waive the fee, ask for his or her supervisor. They will let you go because now they are risking the people in line waiting to get out going over the 3 hour limit.

Seriously though, I think the attendants will have some leeway. I visited Knott's last year and we left the paid parking lot to go get dinner somewhere else. Upon return, the attendant said I had to pay for parking again. I just said I had no idea and that was strange since every other allows in and out privileges. He waved me through with no charge.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• Functional & Decorative

I can see why Knott's would want to do this, because even as an annual passholder who used that 3 hour lot often. it was getting overrun. However, I do think there should be an hourly rate charged after 3 hours w/purchase, not a flat fee of $25.

Also, even if you do pay the $15 for their regular lot, Knott's seems to be the only theme park in SoCal that doesn't allow in and out access. Disney, Universal, and even Magic Mountain allow in and out access once you pay the daily fee, which seems fair to me (although Magic Mountain will only allow one re-entry). I can't understand that if I do pay $15 for the day, if I leave and return, I have to pay $15 again. It makes no sense to me. To me, that's just as big of an issue.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

I, and many other people I know, am seriously considering not renewing my AP due to this change. For me Knott's is a three hour park, at best. I really can't see paying $15 to park if I am going to be there for less than three hours. They finally get their AP base built up and then seem to shoot themselves in the foot. Usually we'll eat or buy something in the park so they'll be losing that revenue also. I haven't heard what the minimum you'd have to spend is at the Marketplace, I'd like to know that. And, is Pink's a place that can validate?
    Mike

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    I, and many other people I know, am seriously considering not renewing my AP due to this change. For me Knott's is a three hour park, at best. I really can't see paying $15 to park if I am going to be there for less than three hours. They finally get their AP base built up and then seem to shoot themselves in the foot. Usually we'll eat or buy something in the park so they'll be losing that revenue also. I haven't heard what the minimum you'd have to spend is at the Marketplace, I'd like to know that. And, is Pink's a place that can validate?
    This is what my sister and I did. With a 2 year old there's only so much to do. We were probably going to get new APs come summer when my sister's DLR one is blocked out, but not now! Passholders are going to go one of two ways, pay the $55 for parking on one pass per family, or not renew. I doubt the number of people buying parking will compensate for those who choose to not renew.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast