• former CM

I hope the Scary Farm doesn't do this maze

The Disturbing Reality of New York‚€™s Premiere ‚€œHaunted House‚€Ě | New York Observer

This seems a little like the one in downtown L.A. that Fishbulb (I think?) wrote a review of. No thank you--I'll pass. But thanks to the Micechatter who posted this link on another thread.

So it's officially spring--time to start getting excited about Knott's Scary Farm, just six months away!

• Functional & Decorative

Re: I hope the Scary Farm doesn't do this maze

It's the same one. Blackout originated in New York, and it's since branched out to a few other cities.

There is a small trend towards this. The Freakling Brothers in Las Vegas is beginning a version of this, and was there a maze called Alone at the Busch Gardens parks? But I think the ultimate low "ridership" of these mazes would pretty much keep them out of the theme park market. Trapped at Knott's was sort of their own answer to this.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    So it's officially spring--time to start getting excited about Knott's Scary Farm, just six months away!
    Yes! It's all fast approaching! I am excited to start to see Knott's and Universal roll out some mazes!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Yes! It's all fast approaching! . . .
    Yup. Knott's should start building TWO permanent, year-round, ride through Ghost Town haunted houses that can be substantially plussed with live actors for the Scary Farm--in 2015 or 2016. In one you shoot at the Hatfield ghosts and the other, at the McCoy ghosts. And eventually make the whole park into a Western theme, thought there can still be different lands with different twists on this theme.

Thanks JesterMN for the info in your post above!
    Have you (or any other Micechatters besides Norm) been on Blackout--if that's what it's called in L.A. I'd like to experience this VICARIOUSLY.

From what I've read, it didn't seem too creative--just masochistic. The predictable future lawsuit against them might be moderately interesting, though as long as no one is physically hurt I'd root for the haunted house company, just as I'd root for the ski hill against most injured skiers, or the Heart Attack Cafe against heart attact "victims" who ate there--or more likely from a TV Report I saw, I'd be rooting against the Heart Attack Cafe's living relatives.

I love how Halloween has grown since I was a kid in the 70s!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 04-05-2014 at 11:48 PM.