Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: New Attraction Coming to Knotts Boardwalk in 2015, Possibly a Dark Ride

Put me in the camp of people hoping for an updated take on Knotts Berry Tales. However, I'd be totally down with a Snoopy ride as well, because Snoopy is pretty awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Matata View Post
    Put me in the camp of people hoping for an updated take on Knotts Berry Tales.
    Same here! I'm crossing my fingers for a Beary Tales 2.0 to take those classic and beloved characters into this century. Bears, frogs, and pies -- something for the whole family.

• failure for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by lynxwiler View Post
    Same here! I'm crossing my fingers for a Beary Tales 2.0 to take those classic and beloved characters into this century. Bears, frogs, and pies -- something for the whole family.
    My vote goes for it being Beary Tales themed as well..
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Knott's is doing such a great job. I am so glad I got a Season Pass this year!

• former CM

If it's near the Boardwalk, I'd like a ride-through fun house.

Or could Ghost Town be expanded that way? I'd like a Hatfield vs. McCoy shoot-at-the-ghosts, ride-through haunted house (or pair of them) with three live actors, and I'd like this plussed at the Scary Farm. (Apologies to Dusty who hates the idea of a shooter ride!)

I'd vote no Beary Tales or Peanuts for two reasons. 1, Beary Tales doesn't really fit in the theme of the area, nor does Peanuts. The area is 20's/50's Boardwalk and should remain so, instead of having a random cartoon ride. 2, they need rides to appeal to all ages. KotD was nice because kids, teens, and even adults liked it. It takes a lot more magic charm and quality to get adults and especially teens to buy into something cartoony.

Also, Peanuts is very deadpan, that's the beauty of the writing and humor. Deadpan doesn't translate into a very interesting/exciting ride experience.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• The Candidate

Does the fire last night put these plans in jeopardy?

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr View Post
    Does the fire last night put these plans in jeopardy?
    Here is the article Fire damages Knott's building - The Orange County Register

Sounds like maybe they were doing some prep work in the Dark Ride space, but I don't know the park very well.

The fire apparently began as a result of a welder’s torch during work inside the building, he said.
    When firefighters arrived they found several separate fires in the the floors and wall between the first and second floors of the building, Concialdi said. A sprinkler system had activated but was unable to contain the fires because of their locations.
    “Firefighters did a great job of locating the hidden fires ... and saved a significant portion of the building.”

• "What is thy bidding?"

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    If it's near the Boardwalk, I'd like a ride-through fun house.

Or could Ghost Town be expanded that way? I'd like a Hatfield vs. McCoy shoot-at-the-ghosts, ride-through haunted house (or pair of them) with three live actors, and I'd like this plussed at the Scary Farm. (Apologies to Dusty who hates the idea of a shooter ride!)
    Ghost town has always been a big draw for Knotts. If the shooter ride would fit and a nice back story/experience/detail it would be a fantastic expansion.

I was recently hired and given a tour of Knott's. Our guide talked about the dark ride and how it will use the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs space that's mostly been rotting away from what I've seen of old pictures. Which I found sad as it was part of my childhood. We weren't told what's coming so it seems top secret for everyone besides the top employees. The Charles M. Schulz theater is somewhat of a neighbor to the ride so a Peanuts theme would still indeed make sense. Besides it not being in the main Peanuts theme side of the park. I've only heard rumors around here about Knott's Bear-y Tales coming back, but nothing around the park. More digging is required and the old animatronics had been used as decoration in the Ghost Town barn in the past. Haven't taken a real good look yet, but I can let anyone know what I hear about the project. I think more work is being done for Knott's Scary Farm at the moment.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by gacman47 View Post
    I was recently hired and given a tour of Knott's. Our guide talked about the dark ride and how it will use the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs space that's mostly been rotting away from what I've seen of old pictures. Which I found sad as it was part of my childhood. We weren't told what's coming so it seems top secret for everyone besides the top employees. The Charles M. Schulz theater is somewhat of a neighbor to the ride so a Peanuts theme would still indeed make sense. Besides it not being in the main Peanuts theme side of the park. I've only heard rumors around here about Knott's Bear-y Tales coming back, but nothing around the park. More digging is required and the old animatronics had been used as decoration in the Ghost Town barn in the past. Haven't taken a real good look yet, but I can let anyone know what I hear about the project. I think more work is being done for Knott's Scary Farm at the moment.
    Welcome to MiceChat.

Good info! I assume that their focus is on Halloween Haunt currently, but I am sure they have a pretty solid plan to move forward with for the new dark ride. There were some pictures floating around here a few years back of the current state of Kingdom of the Dinosaurs, it was horrible. Graffiti, half broken animatronics, ride vehicles just stopped throughout the ride. Very post apocalyptic and weird.

Thanks! Yeah, its good to hear it being put to good use at least. As much as I miss the ride I do look forward to what's coming. I like the recent ride refurbishments as well as the recent Camp Snoopy revitalization. They seem to be finally doing away with the bleak dystopian outlook for something new fresh. Good time to be an employee.

Here is a better video of Wonder Mountains Guardian at Canada's Wonderland.

It looks incredibly cheap! I guarantee you that Cedar Fair spent more money on the coaster track and to retro fit the mountain at Wonderland than they did for the actual dark ride portion.

I'm willing to bet money that Knotts is going to get a version of this ride! Set your expectations VERY low people, as Knotts is going to be spending a lot of money to get the old KOD building up to code for a new ride.

Sigh, 11 years and counting since Knotts last major thrill ride.

• The Candidate

Given the work that went into refurbishing the Log Ride and Calico I am hopeful that they are planning something good.

Since Silver Bullet will not hit its 10th birthday until December, you are a little off on your count. I think that the three other coasters they have added since then fit nicely into the park and filled a nice nitche between Disneyland and Magic Mountain.

^ I know Silver Bullet 10th year is in December, but, its pretty safe to say Knotts wont be getting a new big thrill ride in 2015.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast