• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

parking, leaving & returning?

We will be parking at KBF Saturday using my CF Platinum Pass. If my wife (who will be on a day ticket) goes to the hotel & returns later in the day, will the parking receipt be enough to get her back into the lot or will I need to be there with my pass again?
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: parking, leaving & returning?

I would assume the receipt would be enough, but just to be safe you might want to call the park and ask someone directly. That way you are at least prepared and don't have to worry.

(714) 220-5200

if they won't let her into the park lot. I think they have free parking for the shops. she can park there until you have time to move your car to the regular lot. I think it is 2 or 3 hours.

If the parking option is connected to your pass only and not your wife's, Knotts' policy is that you need to be present in the car to enter the parking lot. The Knotts' passes are supposed to have a photo of the passholder that is shown when the employee scans your card. (Have been told that if you let someone use your pass to try to enter the parking lot and you are not in the vehicle, they may confiscate the pass.)

Also, there is no receipt for parking if you have a pass. They may offer you a park map and brochure, but generally no receipt.

The restaurant/shopping parking lot only allows 1 hour parking now; 3 hours if you eat at a restaurant or buy something -- you will need to get a validation for your parking ticket. Otherwise, they will charge you $25 to exit the lot if you exceed those times.
    Last edited by SpacemanSpiff; 06-30-2014 at 08:55 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Knotts has a no re-entry policy with their parking lots. If you leave and want to return, be prepared to pay $15 to re enter. This also includes season pass holders with the parking add-on.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    Knotts has a no re-entry policy with their parking lots. If you leave and want to return, be prepared to pay $15 to re enter. This also includes season pass holders with the parking add-on.
    Seriously? They enforce their parking rules more than anything else I feel like.

• always, the freaky cat

Don't know if this is policy or not, but I once used my season pass w/ parking to leave and re-enter the parking lot without having to pay. The parking was on my pass and I was the one using it. (Also, the impression I got from the booth attendant was that without a season pass, I would have had to pay the $15 a second time to re-enter, but with the season pass, I could come and go since it included parking fees.)

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Thanks for all the replies. The more I think about it, the more I see her pushing for me to meet her out front to park it myself, so she won't have to make the walk from the lot. Fortunately, I in turn can just force our son to park it with his pass. I'm ready for the Mine Ride.

A bientot.
    Last edited by ralfrick; 07-01-2014 at 05:57 PM.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. The more I think about it, the more I see her pushing for me to meet her out front to park it myself, so she won't have to make the walk from the lot. Fortunately, I in turn can just force our son to park it with his pass. I'm ready for the Mine Ride.

A bientot.
    Enjoy!!

I know I'm late on this, but..

Yes Knotts Policy states that the pass holder has to be in the car in the time of entry.. We do offer reentry to our pass holders who have parking on their pass as long as they provide us with the receipt and the pass at the time of reentry. Generally speaking when its a reentry and the person has the parking on the season pass, when we scan it, it reads "no reentry allowed, ticket already used" But the thing about Season pass parking is that it takes about 4-5 hours to refresh in our system, once that is up, it automatically prints out a new receipt. But if people are coming back before that time frame, we always ask for the receipt and the pass so we can match the information and thus allowing them reentry.