Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Knott's Scary Farm 2014 Info Thread.

ooo I want to go but was planning on HHN that night...

• former CM

I love how Knott's is bravely trying new things, but just for Scary Farm history, what were the best of the smaller shows last year that aren't returning?

I've written this before, but for you grown ups whose friends are not into this, I've shown up without friends to four Micechat Halloween events and found the Micechatters to be welcoming, and I had a good time. So feel free to show up "alone."

If you're not going on the Micechat outing, I suggest going earlier--in Sept. if possible, because the lines are shorter and the monsters are fresher.

So who will die at the end of The Hanging? I think Justin Bieber will be the first to be killed at the end of the show on different years. I hope they get creative at The Hanging and don't feel like they have to run through every hit song and movie just because "the audience loves that." We don't--unless its funny.

Other hanging predictions:
    Donald Sterling, of course.
    Weird AL--even though we love him.
    Hilary on not being wealthy.
    Guardians of the Galaxy.
    The Brazil soccer team getting seven goals scored on them by Germany.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 08-07-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Is the hanging a one time a night show?

Going with the husband, he is tolerant of the halloween. Not a fan of jump out scares but very supportive in going.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

The hanging is shown at least twice a night.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Firstly, thank you to Knott's for providing a live stream of the event! The basics. . .

Buy your tickets here! (if not waiting on a MC event).

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Halloween Haunt 2014 - Powered by Eventzilla - buy your MiceChat event tickets here!
    Thank you, Regions Beyond!
    Fun fact: Regions Beyond's biological father is Jack Skellington.

• former CM

Me again. Does Knotts post the hours when the Scary Farm opens each night? (I looked, but failed to see them.) And how early can one enter with the Boo-fet's early entry?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Wednesday and Thursday: 7pm - 1am
    Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 7pm - 2am

https://www.knotts.com/knotts-scary-...-farm-calendar

I don't see a stated time for early entry anywhere either, feel like wouldn't be more than a half hour, as mazes and all have to be staffed and technically ready to open, and wouldn't be in that state unless rather close to official opening time (all actors present, sound and lighting turned on, etc).
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Me again. Does Knotts post the hours when the Scary Farm opens each night? (I looked, but failed to see them.) And how early can one enter with the Boo-fet's early entry?
    The calendar on Knott's website shows what days Haunt is, and it shows the regular park closing at 5:30 PM. The park re-opens at 7 PM and runs till 2 AM.

If I am not mistaken, you get let in 30 minutes early with the pre-scare buffet package.

• former CM

Thanks again, Regions Beyond & Explodingboy!

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    ...just for Scary Farm history, what were the best of the smaller shows last year that aren't returning?
    Cursed
    Blood Drums
    Carny Trash
    Possessed

And if any cares, Special ops: Infected is more of an "attraction" than a "scare zone" or maze.. Think Dark Realm before it became a maze.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Cursed
    Blood Drums
    Carny Trash
    Possessed

And if any cares, Special ops: Infected is more of an "attraction" than a "scare zone" or maze. Think Dark Realm before it became a maze.
    I heard there were excellent shows last year. If Knott's is smart they'll be testing Special Ops a lot before the first Scary Farm this year. The idea of guests running in the dark makes me wonder if Knott's has lawyers.

I feel like they must not have decided on all of the shows so far. I think Elvira and the Hanging have been the only ones mentioned, correct?

I've been going to opening night of KSF for about four years now. Still not sure about this year. Trapped was so disappointing last year.

My dream is for them to have a night in September for only the 21 and crowd. No kids. Wouldn't that be nice?

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by christianlyons View Post
    I feel like they must not have decided on all of the shows so far. I think Elvira and the Hanging have been the only ones mentioned, correct?

I've been going to opening night of KSF for about four years now. Still not sure about this year. Trapped was so disappointing last year.

My dream is for them to have a night in September for only the 21 and crowd. No kids. Wouldn't that be nice?
    I suggest you don't do the extra-charge maze unless you hear great (spoiler free!) reviews of it after first night.

How about no one under 33 unless they are kids between 13 & 15 accompanied with adults? Kidding. I just go in September when the crowds are smaller, do the early entry with the Boo-fet and hit as many mazes as I can before the second showing of the Hanging, and I go with at least two other adults. Knott's is a little like Disneyland and (with many, many exceptions of course) I think attracts nicer teens and people in their early 20s than Universal's Halloween Haunt or Magic Mountain--though in fairness to 6 Flags--I haven't been to M. Mtn. in years.

I thought it was depressing how many young people at Universal's Haunt were just showing up two hours after the event opened and then seemed to wait in hour-long lines for mazes. I wouldn't go to Universal's Haunt or the Queen Mary without a front-of-the-line pass, and I think they are unnecessary at the Scary Farm with good planning. Do you Micechatters agree? I know some good planners & fast walkers successfully do all of Universal's mazes without front-of-the-line passes.

• Functional & Decorative

I just returned from the Knott's panel at ScareLA. Not too much new info there, except they did show a map of how involved the Special Ops maze will be. It is essentially taking over the entire Camp Snoopy area, and they said it will involve nearly every building and even the unused rides.

There will be two separate entrances. Alpha will be near the main gate, and go through towards Supreme Scream. Bravo is just the opposite. They do say each path will be unique, although to me, it seemed some of them overlapped. It is not an upchage, but they will be taking reservation times. A stand by line will be at the Bravo side, to fill in any people who missed their reservations. Groups up to 12.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

They said there would be an exclusive Scare La announcement for KSF, Any idea what that was?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast