Firstly, thank you to Knott's for providing a live stream of the event! The basics:
- Brand-new Elvira show.
- Season pass available for Haunt, all open nights with no blockouts, in very limited amounts and only to regular season pass holders - all ticket levels go on sale tonight (8/6)
- Returning mazes: Trick or Treat, Dominion of the Damned, Forevermore, Pinocchio Unstrung, Black Magic, Gunslinger's Grave, Witch's Keep (Calico Mine Ride)
- Green Witch and the Tricksters hosting again.
- New mazes!: TRAPPED: LOCK AND KEY: Gus Krueger wants you to hate him and have most disturbing experience possible, he says. Should be a 20-25 minute long experience. VOODOO: Brooke Walters design. Sounds like trying to do a Universal Studios type maze, in a ‘soundstage’ as she said: bridges and walkways through a swamp and bayou, small shacks, no haunt walls or hallways. The maze will have a few different spots where guests choose right or left path and have totally different scenes available on each side. (likely in the former Endgames location or unknown?). TOOTH FAIRY: Daniel Miller in charge. Had the idea when the title was pitched to him last Halloween but thought it was dumb till had a dentist appointment. Premise is that kids who stay awake to see the tooth fairy are kidnapped and taken away to her realm/lair - going to be very gory and grotesque, use projection mapping tech and fantasy environments (likely in the Slaughterhouse location, Camp Snoopy).
- Scare zones: Ghost Town Streets, of course - always the best of them. Gypsy Camp (weak last year, hopefully will improve), Carnevil (too much space on the boardwalk, but the clown performers are great), and Fiesta de Los Muertos (presumably around the side of Timber Mountain and boardwalk).
- Surprise reveal at the end for presumably a scarezone called Infected. Guests can check in at two outposts on either side of Camp Snoopy, receive missions and 'weapons' to earn zombie 'kills' in the area (like laser tag with live monsters?). Could be awesome, could turn out just to be a mess. Described as placing the guest in middle of a zombie apocalypse, like a video game type-environment of 360 degree stuff. Interesting to see if actual prop elements rolled out for this, since current management loathe to have much of Haunt visible in the daytime.
Overall, I am glad that Slaughterhouse (even though it was always entertaining, it got very long in the tooth) and Endgames are gone and replaced with new walk-throughs, and not at all surprised Mirror Mirror won’t be back. What do you all think? And here's hoping MiceChat announces a package/event soon!
Buy your tickets here! (if not waiting on a MC event).
http://www.eventzilla.net/web/event?eventid=2139031699 - buy your MiceChat event tickets here!