Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Knott's Scary Farm 2014 Info Thread.

Firstly, thank you to Knott's for providing a live stream of the event! The basics:

• Brand-new Elvira show.
    • Season pass available for Haunt, all open nights with no blockouts, in very limited amounts and only to regular season pass holders - all ticket levels go on sale tonight (8/6)
    • Returning mazes: Trick or Treat, Dominion of the Damned, Forevermore, Pinocchio Unstrung, Black Magic, Gunslinger's Grave, Witch's Keep (Calico Mine Ride)
    • Green Witch and the Tricksters hosting again.
    • New mazes!: TRAPPED: LOCK AND KEY: Gus Krueger wants you to hate him and have most disturbing experience possible, he says. Should be a 20-25 minute long experience. VOODOO: Brooke Walters design. Sounds like trying to do a Universal Studios type maze, in a ‘soundstage’ as she said: bridges and walkways through a swamp and bayou, small shacks, no haunt walls or hallways. The maze will have a few different spots where guests choose right or left path and have totally different scenes available on each side. (likely in the former Endgames location or unknown?). TOOTH FAIRY: Daniel Miller in charge. Had the idea when the title was pitched to him last Halloween but thought it was dumb till had a dentist appointment. Premise is that kids who stay awake to see the tooth fairy are kidnapped and taken away to her realm/lair - going to be very gory and grotesque, use projection mapping tech and fantasy environments (likely in the Slaughterhouse location, Camp Snoopy).
    • Scare zones: Ghost Town Streets, of course - always the best of them. Gypsy Camp (weak last year, hopefully will improve), Carnevil (too much space on the boardwalk, but the clown performers are great), and Fiesta de Los Muertos (presumably around the side of Timber Mountain and boardwalk).
    • Surprise reveal at the end for presumably a scarezone called Infected. Guests can check in at two outposts on either side of Camp Snoopy, receive missions and 'weapons' to earn zombie 'kills' in the area (like laser tag with live monsters?). Could be awesome, could turn out just to be a mess. Described as placing the guest in middle of a zombie apocalypse, like a video game type-environment of 360 degree stuff. Interesting to see if actual prop elements rolled out for this, since current management loathe to have much of Haunt visible in the daytime.

Overall, I am glad that Slaughterhouse (even though it was always entertaining, it got very long in the tooth) and Endgames are gone and replaced with new walk-throughs, and not at all surprised Mirror Mirror won’t be back. What do you all think? And here's hoping MiceChat announces a package/event soon!

Buy your tickets here! (if not waiting on a MC event).

http://www.eventzilla.net/web/event?eventid=2139031699 - buy your MiceChat event tickets here!
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 08-07-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Re: Knott's Scary Farm 2014 Info Thread.

Booked for the gruesome getaway package on Sept 26th. Trying to decide if I should also go opening night since I will be leaving Magic mountain that afternoon. In other words, is one night with full VIP enough to hit all the zones and houses?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Opening night with front of line, definitely enough to see all the mazes I say and the scarezones pretty compact save for Ghost Town (seriously spend time in there, it's the best), with the boardwalk in second (but not much to see there, the clowns are great, but the setting is meh) - the hardcore come but it should be nothing like an October Saturday when will be wall to wall people.

Interested in the shooter "zone" as well. neat idea, trying to decide how much time to spend on it. I am tempted just to book another night with regular tickets to ensure we get it all in but maybe it is overkill. HHN is definitely a one nighter for us. We plan on riding Knotts during the day for two days so we do not need to spend halloween time on rides.Is there still early admission for the people doing that dinner at the hotel?

• La Reine Lézard

Bummer they're getting rid of Mirror Mirror after just one year. I wish I could've seen it!

• Minion

It really sounds like Knotts is focusing more on quality then quantity. I've booked our hotel packages and trapped for the first Sat!

Booked for the first Friday, all the stops since it is out first Knotts Scary.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlueBMW View Post
    Booked for the first Friday, all the stops since it is out first Knotts Scary.
    Hope you will have a great time!

I am certain to. I just hope to get to see it all!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Ahhh Elvira! How I love her so..

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fearmeloveme View Post
    Bummer they're getting rid of Mirror Mirror after just one year. I wish I could've seen it!
    I promise you it was short and not that great......im glad its gone just a maze with too long a line because of how its set up

As for the prices 75 bucks for a season pass is not bad...universal used to do it and it was 100 bucks for all the nights

Ok, I went to the event and got media access and was able to talk with a lot of the designers after.

First of all, Special Ops.... Infected takes over the Slaughterhouse area and sounds like most, maybe all, not 100% sure, of Camp Snoopy. The website states "Six acres of the beloved theme park is now home to mutinous, scream-inducing zombies, and the time has come for a harrowing Special Ops survival mission." Six acres is a lot of space for this.

Voodoo is going in where Endgames was. And I believe that I heard that Toothy Fairy is going in where Delirium was.

Ok, the following was mentioned in the press kit....

TERRIFYING NEW MAZES AND ATTRACTIONS (and locations):

1. Special Ops: Infected (Throughout Camp Snoopy’s six acres)
    2. Voodoo (Adjacent to GhostRider)
    3. The Tooth Fairy (Adjacent to GhostRider)
    4. TRAPPED: Lock and Key (Inside Boardwalk Ballroom) Reservation & additional fee required - All new for 2014 – scarier and more interactive than you can even imagine

And I found this bit of information interesting and have not seen it advertised anywhere else....

New for 2014, Knott’s debuts the Knott’s Scary Farm Pass, offering unlimited visits to all 24 event nights. Only a limited number of passes are now on-sale to current 2014 Knott’s Berry Farm Season Passholders for $65 (plus applicable taxes and fees) exclusively online at knotts.com. On August 18, Knott’s Scary Farm Passes will be available for the general public to purchase online for $75 (plus applicable taxes and fees, while supplies last).

I REALLY hope they learned from last years TRAPPED maze. It was horrible, horrible, horrible.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast