Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: Dating the Boss!?

Duwey,

HA! That took me a minute--

Peace and thanks for the laugh!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Monorail Racer

I've dated co-workers successfully a number of times. Haven't dated a boss yet, however. Still, it doesn't have to be a mess. Just take things slowly and keep your wits about you. Don't jump into anything too fast and don't be messing around at work or anything like that somebody can misconstrue or use against you. Make sure you get to know her fairly well before you go further - you can't be 100% sure she won't go wacko on you, but you can really up your odds of avoiding it by taking it slow and getting to know who she really is. I've dated more women I worked with than not and haven't had a single one end up becoming a problem. Of course, I'm one of those weird people who has remained friends with the women I've dated after we've split. I haven't had one where one of us wanted to run over the other one's pet, burned possessions, etc.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz
    A grade older? Thats not to bad.
    Not a grade older like in high school...

In government jobs, each position is ranked with a "Grade" to show which jobs have seniority over other ones, sort of like ranks in the military.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• there's always my way...

update, she didnt tell me but she is married!!! and dude we have been naughty, she is up there in rank, but she cant do anything to harm me, I dont believe. Ok I didnt follow the good advise given and just run, Im a sucker for full lips and doe eyes.

Anyways Im looking for a way to back up and let go. Quietly and peacfully, shes cool, i dont think any bad will come from it.

unless mr. finds out...

why do i have sucha hard head!?
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DooDah
    update, she didnt tell me but she is married!!! and dude we have been naughty, she is up there in rank, but she cant do anything to harm me, I dont believe.
    Harm YOU???? Are you nuts? You can harm HER...she has to give to more dough, cars, starbucks card, promotion whatever or YOU will squeal..You are now a liability to her. She can never get you fired as you can claim it is because of the trist. You own her.

How do you think I made lead foreman fry chef at Burger King? Blackmailing Estrellita!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

ok,what did I tell you? ( with my stern mommy voice) Doodah, if you were close I would kick you. naughty boy!! And she is married, wow, she is a bad girl!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Doodah, doodah, doodah.

Why do even ask for advice, should you not even heed it?

Oy.

Okay, well, here's how it goes. Since we're your friends, we'll help ya through this. What's done is done. You do realize, technically, both of you have broken the law. No more private moments of weakness. Meet with her only in public spaces and make sure you tell someone, in case you disappear or something. I admire your pluck. Admitting a mistake in these parts sometimes results in a stern razzing. Since you admitted it...I'm thinking that you might have already moved beyond that.

And make sure you learn from your mistake! You might want to update your resume, however, just to be on the safe side, ya know. Don't guess that you might be okay. Assure yourself with the details. Make sure you lay low for a bit, ya know?

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719
    Doodah, doodah, doodah.

Oy.

Okay, well, here's how it goes. Since we're your friends, we'll help ya through this. What's done is done. You do realize, technically, both of you have broken the law. No more private moments of weakness. Meet with her only in public spaces and make sure you tell someone, in case you disappear or something. I admire your pluck. Admitting a mistake in these parts sometimes results in a stern razzing. Since you admitted it...I'm thinking that you might have already moved beyond that.

And make sure you learn from your mistake! You might want to update your resume, however, just to be on the safe side, ya know. Don't guess that you might be okay. Assure yourself with the details. Make sure you lay low for a bit, ya know?

Peace,
    Roo
    ok, what roo said is best. I am sorry you found this out ( her being married) and I will be praying you will have a safe job. now be a good boy and date out side the office

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Harm YOU???? Are you nuts? You can harm HER...she has to give to more dough, cars, starbucks card, promotion whatever or YOU will squeal..You are now a liability to her. She can never get you fired as you can claim it is because of the trist. You own her.

How do you think I made lead foreman fry chef at Burger King? Blackmailing Estrellita!
    SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719
    Doodah, doodah, doodah.

Oy.

Peace,
    Roo

Ima Baaad boy.. you all are the best!
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

The sad part? I have this friend who just became single and I think that they are just perfect for you...total distance away, you don't work together, they are very athletic and the list goes on and on...

...it's just that it's a he, not a she. You can watch sports together, he likes the Disney parks AND he earns money in a decent job!

But, hey, everyone's got to play for a team and it seems your team is not the same.

I tried. I come from an ethnic family. We do this, fixing people up. Makes me crazy.

Oh well.

Peace!
    Roo

Go for it!!! Have your resume up to date!!!

Last edited by Tikiman; 10-10-2006 at 07:43 AM.
    DL 1975-2014
    WDW 1984-2014

He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: Dating the Boss!?

I say run.
    My sister and my Mom worked for the same company, but in January 2000, my Mom was laid off but my sister stayed on.

My sister pursued her boss - who was 35 years older than she (20 at the time).

In July 2001, she told us what was up and that she was marrying him. She ran off - none of us in attendance.

One week after her wedding, she called my Dad crying wishing she'd not done what she'd done. After all, her new husband was 7 years OLDER than our Dad.

My sister was his 4th wife - which I thought was VERY interesting.

Anyway, the separation came in December 2004 - in August 2005 - my sister's divorce was final - reclaiming her maiden name. Thank goodness, as the married name was atrocious. Seems as though husband decided he was just going to 'retire' one Friday w/o telling my sister and turned out he as having a fling with the next door neighbor.

My sister is currently engaged - for about a week - to an really nice guy. He's 13 years older than she, but looks much younger than he is. Wedding set for May 2007. My sister says that pursuing and marrying her co-worker/boss was the WORST THING she has ever done in her life! To quote her she said, "What was I thinking? It wasn't even ME back then!"

Anyway - I know it's a long story, but it's from my sis's experience.

• That Guy

Do it, and make sure you do it IN the office!

Good memories abound.

oops...
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast