• keep moving forward...

migitmouse's eagle scout update

some of you guys may remember a couple of months ago posting about a dilemma i had with choosing my eagle scout project for boy scouts, i ended up makeing the garden and it turned out beautiful, but it is about a month before my 18th birthday and i still need one more badge and a board of review...any experiences with the board of reviews, my scoutmasters are being very quiet about it...they are just tellng me to be prepared for anything...

any thoughts???

• white and nerdy

Re: migitmouse's eagle scout update

As an Eagle Scout, the board of review is nothing to worry about. Mine was mostly reviewing what I did and congratulating me on making it that far... though each one is different, but If you do the project and get your badges all right then they will give it to ya.

Good luck getting it done.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Also an Eagle Scout here (Did a Garden Project too). Just make sure to know all the basic scout thing you learned as a Tenderfoot. Scout Oath, Slogan ect. They also asked questions about my project, if you ahd any problems happen during the project that's good to talk about too. How you handled whatever came up. The truck we had delivering soil and decomposed granite to the site got stuck in the mud trying to get close to the project site. Had to call a really big towtruck to get him out.

Also make sure you wear the proper scout uniform, Shirt, shorts/pants and those wonderful socks. In Short "Be Prepared".

• white and nerdy

I still have tons of those knee-high socks.... LOL
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• keep moving forward...

just finished up my project workbook...my scout master was right...its barely being held in by the hinges its on

• keep moving forward...

i had my board of review last night (a lot more nerving then i thought it would be), i got through it though and they were impressed with my project and the way i answered the questions i was asked.

THEY APPROVED ME FOR EAGLE!!!

thanks for your support over the past couple of months guys, now that its over i defidently think this was all worth it.

• Time Traveler

Congrats on getting your Eagle, I wish I could have gotten mine. I reached Star, and my troop started falling apart, thus flushing advancement down the toilet.
    I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
    Gas For Car- $60
    Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Congratulations! This is a HUGE accomplishment. I'll bet your parents are really proud that you stuck it out all the way. Good for you!
    A signature should go here.

• For You!

Congratulations on the Eagle!! What kind of garden did you do? I have a son starting cub scouts next month - I got called to be on the Pack Meeting Committee. I guess I'll learn all about this stuff soon.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• keep moving forward...

i made a medium sized peace garden for the church that hosts our troop, something for church goers to come a little early to church whenever they please and just sit for a little while, i seperated the garden into three seperate square parts seperated by 2 arches so they kind of took the form of seperate rooms, it really was a long year for me, i only started planning the project about this time last year.

• Senior Minion

Congrats on making eagle scout!!!!!!! It's a very big accomplishment!

My two cousins also made Eagle Scout earlier in the year and I know that they also worked very hard, just as you have done.

Can we see a pic of the garden that you did?
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Hola!

Congrats. A boy at my school got to meet George Bush because of his project, the Mile long yellow ribbon. You can read more about it here:
    http://www.milelongyellowribbon.blogspot.com/