Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Denver residents announce belief that the 'Peace Sign' is actually a satanic symb

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    From Wiki:
    As I said in the other thread on this subject, this was pretty much started by Mike Warnke in his book on symbols and rituals of the occult. He claimed that it was known as Nero's Cross before it became the peace symbol, the cross that Nero was executed on. Trouble with this is that Nero committed suicide. And, Mike Warnke was revealed as a huge fraud. But, still, he created a lot of damage before the hoax was revealed and people still refer to his books as complete truth on the occult. Even though he has no idea what he was talking about.
    Not sure about the Nero info, but I am aware of th Mike Warnke 'thing'.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Re: Denver residents announce belief that the 'Peace Sign' is actually a satanic symb

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    From what (admittedly little) I've seen, most of the rules made by HOAs are forbidding things that most people already aren't going to do.

I see very little benefit to the homeowner from an HOA.
    That's fair, but the problem arises when somebody does want to break those rules. There is a reason those rules are made.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• Practically Perfect

oh people...there's always SOMETHING to complain about. It's a freakin' peace sign, everyone knows that...

not to generalize, but you'd think the generations before mine that lived through, around or even after the hippie era, would know what a peace sign looks like.

• The Mystery Mouseketool

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I guess they don't stand for peace...

Because everyone knows that the peace sign in no way, shape or form, represents evil.
    Oh, but that's where you're mistaken! You see, if you promote ideas like "peace" and "love" you're clearly anti-war, and as we all know, if you're anti-war, you must have no repect for Our Troops. How dare anyone try to use a Sacred Christian Holiday to promote peace! We're trying to bring Democracy to the world!
    Why do you hate America?

- Johnny
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - BB

• Huh?

Are you saying Valentine's Day was an anti-war statement all this time?
    -Tim

• love my friends

that is crazy.. hate HOA's i thought when we moved to vegas we would have to be in one.. thank god we arent

but still man it is a christmas wreath stating peace.. unbelievable

Friends for life

• Knight of Naughtyness

I still think it is funny we are all hating the HOA when it was quite obvious that it was not the HOA, but one individual running the HOA. Remember, he fired all of the committee members when they would not do as he desired. (Running it like a dictatorship.) My guess is this guy will be removed from the HOA for violating their rules. The rest of the members seemed to have no problem with it.
    -Osky

Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

.-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

•   
    • debating what to put here

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    I still think it is funny we are all hating the HOA when it was quite obvious that it was not the HOA, but one individual running the HOA.
    I would suspect, by some of the responses, that people have very strong feelings about HOA's, regardless of the facts pertaining to this story. That's probably where the discontent comes from.

Personally, I would rather not live in an area with a HOA. If I buy a home, I don't want someone else telling me what color I can paint it or what type of front door I'm allowed to have. I'm willing to put up with a neighbor with a purple house so that I can also do what I please with my property.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser View Post
    I would suspect, by some of the responses, that people have very strong feelings about HOA's, regardless of the facts pertaining to this story. That's probably where the discontent comes from.

Personally, I would rather not live in an area with a HOA. If I buy a home, I don't want someone else telling me what color I can paint it or what type of front door I'm allowed to have. I'm willing to put up with a neighbor with a purple house so that I can also do what I please with my property.
    HOA's suck. That's all I can say.

• Knight of Naughtyness

I agree completely. I just wonder if these people have thought that response through, or no the motivations behind the actions.

Personally, I would never buy a house in a an area governed by the HOA if I did not agree to their rules. However, if I did move into an HOA area, I would want the rules enforced. I lived near too many people who do crazy things that lower my property value or do things that I would consider to be an eye sore or a hazard. Sure, I could take it up with the city, but I would rather have an HOA that does these things for me and keeps everything looking good. It's funny how people complain that they should be able to paint their house pink and green if they want to even though the HOA laws might specifically prohibit that. Did they not agree to the laws when they bought the house? Is it not fair to their neighbor who bought the house next door knowing that no houses would be pink and green?
    -Osky

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Wonder how many "satanic" complaints they
    received about Halloween decorations ~ and
    with with next door neighbor kids dressing up
    as demons and going door to door demanding
    candy.

http://www.durangoherald.com/asp-bin...ws061128_2.htm

Here is the latest local new article

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    That's fair, but the problem arises when somebody does want to break those rules. There is a reason those rules are made.
    Mostly it seems a few busybodies want to tell everybody else how to live their lives. My neighborhood doesn't have a HOA and nobody's painted their house lime green.

I still think on the whole the rules are not needed.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I still think on the whole the rules are not needed.
    Then don't buy a house in a division with an HOA. It is really that simple.
    -Osky

Peace wreath OK to stay
    Homeowners association in Pagosa backs down
    In a letter to Lisa Jensen and Bill Trimarco, the Loma Linda Homeowners Board of Directors wrote: "We had a misunderstanding with your 'Christmas decoration' and for that we apologize. We withdraw any and all previous requests for removal of your decoration."
    http://www.durangoherald.com/asp-bin...ws061129_3.htm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast