Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Hockey! Will it ever come bacK?

Nothing says testosterone like a nice long conversation about sports. For the first sports conversation, why not go for the gusto and try to figure out if the NHL will come back next season, or will it be gone for good? Will the league start to seriously consider a buy out from a set of investors waiting in the wings? If the 2005/2006 season starts on schedule, which players will NOT be returning?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Incognito

Blog Entries
    GOD I hope so, I miss it They really need to eliminate some teams from the NHL, it's just too big and some of those markets are just plain silly.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I hope it comes back for this season, otherwise we'll soon be without any pro sports during the winter months as the NBA will likely have a work stoppage in the not too distant future. I agree with Olympicnut however that they need to eliminate a few teams, Atlanta and Nashville should never have been added and you can add the Hurricanes and probably Panthers to the list of teams that have no reason to exist once hockey comes back.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

•   
    • Minion

I sure hope it does...

This is the toughest sport in the world... Top ten reasons why I say so:

10. Three words: Miracle on Ice... any questions?
    9. Players skate as fast backwards as they do forwards... And they don't look where they are going...
    8. Body checks into glass boards!!!
    7. Refs let the fight go on for a minute or two before they break it up...
    6. All the cool psycho killers in all the movies wore hockey masks... It is the preferred head where of choice...
    5. Penalty Box, Shmenalty Box... They should just give people time outs...
    4. Fight on the ice you get to rest for 5 minutes so you can get back on the ice and clobber some more people...
    3. Get to play with a leathal weapon in your hand.
    2. Ice is harder than AstroTurf
    1. Toothless Canadians who practice out doors in sub zero weather...
    Check out my other blog:

• insufferable know-it-all

If the NHL doesn't come back this season, it will likely cease to be. That is not to say that it would be the end of professional hockey, however, it would be extremely damaging.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    If the NHL doesn't come back this season, it will likely cease to be. That is not to say that it would be the end of professional hockey, however, it would be extremely damaging.
    it's already been very damaging, I work in college sports and the sports world in general, and very rarely during last year did anyone I know ever mention anything about missing hockey. It has a small fanbase to begin with, much like soccer, and I think only the hardcore fans will readily come back if the league comes back.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

• insufferable know-it-all

btw: Anders, I disagree with you about the two FL teams you named.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    btw: Anders, I disagree with you about the two FL teams you named.
    only named one FL team, Panthers.. and admittedly, I'd rather keep them in the league than lose them. listed them only to have an even number of teams in my list

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

Lightning Do exist and do matter... who got the cup last....

Wasn't a team going in south of Tampa soon....

• That's Hawt

I really want hockey to come back! I miss those Box Seats over at the Ducks' Pond ... damitall! HURRRY BAAAAAAACCCKKK!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Circle of Ancients

I'm with you guys, I miss Hockey, and the league is in need of some trimming. Atlanta, Carolina, etc need to go.

• Silly me

In a castle far away from Cali....sad I know
    Hockey....Love it. I am actually very good friends with a professional hockey players wife, you have no idea how out of shape these boys are getting, its crazy. All I know is he will be playing next year but where?
    Back to school back to school, to prove to dad Iím not a fool I have my lunch packed up, my shoes tied tight I hope I donít get in a fight oh back to school....

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Lightning Do exist and do matter... who got the cup last....

Wasn't a team going in south of Tampa soon....
    The team who should have rightfully have the Cup Is THE FLAMES!! They were robbed i was at game six sitting right behind lightings net and a few goals went in and they never counted them bring back the nhl so the flames can take whats rightfully ours back!
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Back home :-(

I'm a HUGE hockey fan. I grew up with my Dad, Grandpa and I all sitting around watching the Canucks games (I'm a Vancouver gal) and I seriously miss it. The only good thing about this year being gone is that Dad is recovering from a heart attack, so having hockey around probably would have set him back... alot! We're not exactly quiet fans.

The thing that really upsets me is how many people this affects. My brother-in-law's brother was a sales manager for the Canucks and I used to be able to get great perks through him. However, he's now lost his job because they honestly don't know when the season will be back.

I just miss watching my boys out there...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaticBoy
    The team who should have rightfully have the Cup Is THE FLAMES!! They were robbed i was at game six sitting right behind lightings net and a few goals went in and they never counted them bring back the nhl so the flames can take whats rightfully ours back!
    I perfer cheapseats for the ariel view..... but.... history is history.. you cannot change that....

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast