• Minion

Cars (no, not the Pixar movie)

Ok, I was told that there would be talk of cars here, this being a manly forum and all. I don't see any yet so here we go. I know we've had "first car" and "dream car" threads elsewhere, but let's get down to brass tacks.
    To get the wheels rolling, what does everyone like? American, classic muscle cars, imports, trucks? None of the above -- motorcycles?

Does anyone do their own work on their car(s) or make modifications (performance or aesthetic)? Maybe one day we could have a meet where we get together and wrench, change the oil, or just invite the ladies over for a good old fashioned car wash. :devil:

So, let's grunt like Tim the Toolman Taylor and start rattling off horsepower and acceleration figures, wheel sizes or whatever and make MiceChat my source for my car fix as well as my Disney fix.
    My finger points.

• Minion

It's all about muscle baby. Nothing can match the feeling of metal and horsepower. Take that fiberglass crap elsewhere. And besides, if you get in an accident you might actually SURVIVE a crash in American muscle as opposed to the cars made of old pepsi cans...

I have a 1988 IROC-Z Camaro Z28. Custom Engine, but it is still a project car. Too much horsepower for the current set up. I need a new computer chip to tell the car to give more gas to the bigger engine, struts, frames, fan belt, brakes, tires, etc. Current HP is 450.

The car is gorgeous though. Woodgrain interior with a woodgrain stearing wheel to match, 17' inch wheels and a Dark Blue paint job with metallic sparkles. I'll post a picture when I pull it out of the garage next time...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I've had a passion for antiques & classics since I was a kid. As a teenager, I restored a 1929 Ford coupe which I had a lot of fun with... but regretfully had to sell when I bought a house. I currently have three antiques: 1924 Chevrolet, 1929 Ford roadster and a 1937 Ford. The Chevrolet wasn't much more than a pile of rust when I acquired it. I'm currently working on resurrecting it. I'm about halfway. To give you an idea of what it will look like when finished, here's a picture of a friend who owns a similar car:
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Smells like beer

Ford sucks
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LightBeer
    Ford sucks
    I WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE. I own a a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 for practical purposes (the camaro isn't shy about guzzling gas), and I've had nothing but problems. I am thinking about trading it in and getting a Scion TC. I prefer muscle cars, and I'll always be a chevy fan, but those Scion TCs are freakin' sexy...

• Smells like beer

My first car was a 93' Ford Bronco, transmission broke. I drove my parents Honda Accord for a few years after that. Then when I was 20 I bought a 73' Vette which was so much fun but not practical, I got rid of it after a year. Now I drive a 98' S-10 which I love. I found a really nice used Lexus RX-300 last month. I almost went for it, but I can't give up my truck I love her.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Ok, Manly Men. Tell me about PZEV, will ya?

I'm buying a new car, probably by the end of the week. I've been working on this for a couple of months, so I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing. I've decided on a 2005 Honda Accord LX 2.4 Automatic Sedan.

But this PZEV thing is confusing me. Some of the cars have it and some don't. The cars with it are less $$$ than those without. I know that it has something to do with cutting emissions (which I'm in favor of), but I'm afraid it's going to affect the performance of the car (like gas mileage, for instance).

Any ideas?
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I am a mustang girl thru and thru- I really really want one of the 2005 Mustangs, or even better, the 2005 Ford GT- YUMMY!!!!

My dream is to find and restore a '66 or '68 Mustang coupe, and none of this overhaulin' crap- I am doing all the work myself and then I am going to paint it Playboy Pink so that everyone will know it is a girl car.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Minion

Mickey, PZEV stands for Partial Zero Emissions Vehicles. From what I understand, they're incredibly clean vehicles and the performance hit from the PZEV hardware is anywhere from very little to actually better than their non-PZEV counterparts! Here's a link to a review of a PZEV vehicle. I think it explains things pretty well.
    Motor Trend Ford Focus Review
    If you do a Google search on thw word PZEV, you'll find a lot more info out there...

For the original question, personally, I'm a motorcycle guy. The bike I have isn't a powerhouse and it isn't pretty, but it's comfortable, smooth and handles far better than its looks would suggest. The one I have is red...
    V-Strom

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Truth is that I like my gutless Toyota Echo. I drive down to southern california alot and nothing beats 52 miles per gallon!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Time Traveler

I love working on cars, I'm going to wyotech for auto tech. I have a 1965 mustang, all original. And I'm currently building a new mill for another mustang that I'm building.
    I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
    Gas For Car- $60
    Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless