• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Your Greatest Americans

OK, We know who everybody voted for on the Television show and a few had me (AND the people on the show) saying WTF??!! Come on, Dr. Phil really??!! I think we list who we feel should be on that list BUT who you list must have made a MAJOR contribution to American History/American Culture AND/OR major contributions or advances in their art. You must explain Why you feel this way and other can agrue why they feel your person should not be included. This should be interesting. (Also it could be people on the Discovery Channel List already so feel free to Add Walt Disney to ours)
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Here's the beginning of my lists.....

Frank Zappa- Took Rock and Rock and mixed it with Fusion Jazz. Took Classic Rock to the next evolution. Also stood up against the PMRC at Congressional Hearings on a rating system for music.

Dale Earnhardt- Took Nascar racing to next level with his "Intimidator" racing style and techniclogical advances his crew brought to racing. His death also brought more safety regulations to keep his sport safer. He died doing what he loved.

Vince Lombardi- Forget Brett Favre on being on Discovery's list. He's just a good QB and NO Joe Namath, Fran Tarkenton, or Joe Montana. Vince Lombardi is what made Green Bay the truly Intimidating Team in the NFL. He coached his team to the first Superbowl and dominated the sport the first few years of the superbowl. The Superbowl Trophy is named after him!!!

More to come
    PirateMunkee

• Puppy Cuddles

My top ten in no particular order. I wanted to make sure I got historical and cultural people in the list so I had to leave out a lot.

1. Elvis Presley - Not a big of fan of him myself (he wasn't a great musician and they say you either like Elvis or the Beatles), but he blew open the powder keg of the 50s. He offered the youth a chance to rebel and escape. And he pissed off the parents. He is a cultural icon.

2. Woody Guthrie - He wrote "This Land," a song that will forever be a part of America and he also symbolized the constant fight for our freedoms when he went to jail for being a communist. (I'm not a communist, but it is not against the law to be a member of a political party.)

3. Thomas Jefferson - He wrote the Declaration of Independence. It was the first time anyone had ever written down the assertation that "All Men are Created Equal." And beyond that he also became a great president who actually accepted compromise and doubled the size of the county.

4. Abraham Lincoln - He freed the slaves and held the country together in the worst time of its life. And he gave us great speeches that we still quote today to symbolize the country.

5. Richard Nixon - Love him or hate him, he was a fairly good president overall. Only a Republican president could have gone to CHina and when he went that meant a lot to the country. He also kicked off American's cyncism with politicians.

6. Jane Addams - She got a bunch of middle-class white women together who had lots of time and money and nothing to do with it. Then she took them to the heart of the ghettos during the 1890s and helped immigrants to this country work for its promise of a better life. She also championed anti-child labor laws and better working conditions for factory workers.

7. Lucretia Mott - Abolitionist, leader of the woman's movement, moral authority. Lucretia Mott faced violence and threats with serene knowledge that she was right and therefore didn't care what her detractors thought.

8. Babe Ruth - There are other players that were better than him, but not many. I guess you could list basically anyone on Murderer's Row and you would symbolize baseball.

9. George M. Cohan - Unless you've seen Yankee Doodle Dandy or are a band kid, you've never heard of him. But you've heard his music. "Yankee Doodle Dandy," "You're a Grand Old Flag," "A Grand Old Name" (which plays on Main Street!), but most importantly "Over There." When we were just joining WWI, no one thought we would do any good because our military was a joke. Cohan inspired the nation and the soldiers with this song, which won him the Congressional Medal of Honor.

10. Alice Paul - As a woman I owe a lot to her. She took the woman's movement and made it work. Woman had been campaigning for the vote since this nation began (approx.) but it wasn't until she took the helm that we got it. Hunger strikes, chaining themselves to the White House gates, Alice's girls forced Woodrow Wilson's hand and thank you to them.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Minion

- Myself.

-Maddox .

• Zapp's Minion :D

Wow! This is the 3rd thread about the Greatest American.

There is one in the Lounge and another in the Entertainment forum

:confused:

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    I dont care if he is fictional

MATLOCK!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• That's Hawt

Walter Elias Disney!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    Walter Elias Disney!
    Knight Rider!

and David Hasselhoff!

What an idiot....

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    Knight Rider!

and David Hasselhoff!

Hehe .. i met David Hasselhoff when I worked at the front desk and he has Cheeeken Legs!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    I dont care if he is fictional

MATLOCK!
    Are you sure you do not mean Andy Griffith?

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    pretty sure I mean matlock
    What an idiot....

• New Dog on the Block

George Lucas, for bringing us the beauty and wonder that is Star Wars! (Just wish he would let someone else write the dialog.)
    I just finished Kingdom Hearts 2 and now I WANT A MICKEY!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Tommy Chong!!!! The guy is more than just a stoner comedian but an all-American Icon!!!
    PirateMunkee