Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• off in lala land

Pumping Iron @ home or gym?

Let first by saying that I know "fitness" is not on a lot of people's list. For me, it is. And I will not be here preaching why you should, etc... but I am just curious to know, for those people that do workout, which do they like: a home gym, or actually going to a gym to work out.

For me, I have always worked out at home with my beloved Bowflex. I don't have to go to drive to the gym, wait for a machine, do my workout, wait at another machine, and then drive home. I get the easy of being able to do my regime at home with the flexibility of being able to do it at anytime.

And just because I posted this in the Boys thread, doesnít mean the girls canít chime in, your opinions are welcomed as well.
    ...it's been a long time.

• Never Look Back

Well I usually run a mile or two on my treadmill at home everyday (or when I can), but walking around at the DLR is enough of a workout for anyone!!

• insufferable know-it-all

My only real workout is ice skating, so I can't possibly do that at home living in socal.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Social Imagineer

Hehe, since having to actually go out to the gym would work against my motivation for working out, I'm glad I have the equipment to work out at home. My doctors recommended I do constant strength training on my legs following two fairly serious injuries (one involving skiing and the other involving, um, a jacuzzi), so I purchased a pretty snazzy weight machine and use one room of my condo primarily as a home gym. (It's mostly just weights now; I got rid of the aerobic equipment years ago cause I just wasn't using it ... gots to get my aerobics from real-life stuff like skating and swimming.)

I'm also really glad to have the equipment at home because I'd be a little too embarrased to be working out in front of other people who have, shall we say, achieved far better workout results than I.

But I love the convenience of being able to work out at home. And I can just imagine how much more rare my workouts would be if I had to go to a gym. Yuck.

• is satisfactual.

I used to go to the gym like four times a week... But that came to a clunking halt after the sane people who attended it gradually got replaced by the kind of loud, burly men who play uncredited extras in action films, hog machines in groups, lift weights too heavy for them and pause after every rep to strike poses in front of the mirror that bring out the best view of their pecs. And they're never actually muscular for some reason, they just think they are, or aspire to it. I need to find me one of those nice gyms where seniors come in an attemt to prolong their walking days. Or perhaps order one of those things from an infomercial with formerly famous daytime stars. If only I could decide which one; the Ab Lounge, the Ab King Pro, the AB-DOer, the AbRocker or the AbSwing? Hmmmm.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I can't motivate myself to work out at home- I have to go to a gym to get a good workout. I stay away from giant conglomerate gyms and stick to smaller ones like the YMCA- you don't get as many people waiting for machines or acting like Mr. Olympia at gyms like those.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Wasn't Me!

I have all the equiptment I need at home...but I cant seem to find the motavation to just do it!!

I need to go to the gym....and I need to start SOON!!!

Someday I will show you some before and afters of me!!

When I got married the first time I was 6'2" and 155 lbs....by the time I got divorced...I was 235. In 10 years I managed to gain 80 lbs.

I am still at 220 but would like to be back about 180! That's where I look really good!!

• Smells like beer

This thread is very funny too me.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

I go to the gym to work out. If I had the equipment at home it would probably just collect dust. The fact that I pay for a membership motivates me to go at least 3 times a week. I too go to a smaller gym. It has a seperate mens and womens work out room so I can go looking like crap and not have to worry about those "macho" work out guys pointing and laughing. I hated it at first but now if I dont go I feel cruddy the rest of the day.

• off in lala land

Quote Originally Posted by NeverGrow Up
    ...but I cant seem to find the motavation to just do it!!
    This was my problem too. What I did was get the worst pic of me, and pasted that at work. I can stare at it all day and say to myself, never again. That is part of my motivation. The second part of my motivation is a shirt that I bought purposely too small that is my goal shirt. I put that shirt on display in my bedroom to keep me motivated of my goal. Ultimately, I just remember I am doing this for my own benefit- and too look HOT!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    lol- I used to hang a bikini by the fridge for motivation!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• off in lala land

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen

i love it!

• there's always my way...

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I hang my thong on the fridge door to motivate me! hmmmm...
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I'm a psycho. I've got about 30 different videos, pilates, yoga, belly dance, latin dance, Gilad, Denise Austin, you name it! Then I usually walk my daughter to school so I turn that into a 30-40 min walk. I also have a membership at the gym but don't get there as often as I can.

Basically I work out as often as I can to keep up with all the junk I like to have for dessert.

Ladies, I highly recommend Dolphina's belly dance DVDs. They're a lot of fun and a great work out. (My husband just likes to watch)

• Man O Lantern

I have a recumbent bike in my family room that I ride every day for thirty minutes while I read. I also have two Pilates DVDs that I love love love. I have a membership to Bally's (pre-paid for 3 years), but I never go!!! I loooove Precor elliptical trainers, but for some reason, I can never get up the motivation to go work out when I can get in a work-out at home.

I also have free weights at home....I love my arms!! Good arms are sexy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast