Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Smile Guys- Do you know how to cook?

Do you know how to use the stove, oven, microwave, or BBQ and cook for yourself?

After 20 something years my hubby is finally learning how to use the BBQ. He can stove cook some foods like scrambled eggs or soup but that's about it for him.

He's slowly learning how to cook steaks, chicken, hotdogs, hamburgers on the BBQ.

YOU?
    Last edited by Ginarella; 04-11-2007 at 08:30 AM.

• Minion

Re: Guys- Do you know to cook?

My husband is addicted to the Licence to grill cooking show. Ever since he started watching it he LOVES to BBQ (even more than he used too). He wiil make anything on a BBQ. He has done homemade pizza, chocolate chip pancakes(YUM), and even bakes cookies on the BBQ! That show was the best thing that happened for ME! When we camp, he makes Turkey bacon and those yummy pancakes.He is even getting into the presentation of the food! Get him to watch the show, and see if you're doing less at mealtimes!

• This space for rent

I used to be able to lightly cook, and I used to bake alot, but I have stomach probs, so now I eat a very bland diet, day in day out. Now my wannabe cooking skills have dwindled down to use of the microwave, and once in a while using the stove top burners for some soup or broth, and the oven broiler to warm up some bread. Woo hoo, Emeril and Bobby Flay had better watchout.

I cook all the time. I always loved my mom's cooking. She was such a great cook! And I started paying attention to how she cooked my favorites. After I grew up and moved out, I would call her and ask how she made this or that, and now, even though I don't have Mom anymore, I have some of her recipes that I know how to make just like she did. And I also sometimes watch a cooking show here and there, or try an interesting recipe from a book. My friends seem to really like it when I cook.

My advice to the novice, get a dutch oven (like Le Creucet) or a pressure cooker. They are VERY easy to learn how to cook in, and the results of, say, a slow cooked tri-tip will make you look like you're a marvel in the kitchen.

• Ok time for cocoa

Of course. Do all the regular things steak, spaghetti, eggs, pancakes. I make enchiladas for pot luck all the time. Make them for the wifes pot lucks too.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

I do all the cooking in the house, I love doing it too. I learned from my Mom alot and also taught myself quite a bit, it just seemed pretty natural for me. Just this past Easter sunday I spend the whole day in the kitchen cooking for 18 tons of different foods. I don't use the microwave much though but I love using the grill I even use it in the winter occasionaly when there is snow on the ground

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

I know and love to cook!!! I refuse to use a microwave when I cook! Just not right!

Oh and I refuse to use a gas/propane bbq grill. The food ends up having a gas taste and doesn't cook well. I'm all about the mesquite wood charcoal for the bbq, the taste it brings out! wa wa wee wa!!!

My dad loves to cook and will overtake the kitchen and put Emeril to shame. I guess thats where I get my urge and want to cook!!!

Just talking about this i'm getting ideas to cook something lol
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• New Old Member

Been cooking since I was about 14 yrs old (about 40 years now). My parents got divorced and my mom had to get a job. She had an hour off for dinner and since she worked close by, she would come home to a dinner waiting on the table for her. I worked on the weekends at the "Commissary" bagging peoples food and then taking them out to their cars for tips. If any of the food being bagged that day looked good, I would use my tips to buy it and cook it up for dinner.

I have been cooking ever since then every day, my wife basically doesn't cook. Every Saturday I also do the food shopping. At least five days out of the week I'm cooking on the grill. Main course and all the trimmings!

Easter Sunday went upto the lake in front of my house and bbq'ed the Easter Ham, corn on the cob and red potates with shallots, butter and parsley in tin foil. Came out great.

I do cook in the microwave also----------------------popcorn!!! Comes out perfect everytime.!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

If I follow a recipe, then sure I can cook. Do I like to cook? Not particularly.

I lucked out in that my wife LOVES to cook.

• Damn Good Burger!

I do all the cooking at enjoy it. My wife can burn salad so she's banned from the kitchen for anything but cleaning.

• WARNING!

Oh yeah... It's a shared duty in our house.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    I do all the cooking at enjoy it. My wife can burn salad so she's banned from the kitchen for anything but cleaning.
    My wife does the cooking and I usually do the cleaning. Do you know that she's never loaded up our dishwasher once? That's what I mean - I do the cleaning after she's done cooking. Seems like an even trade.

•   

I love to cook and I know how!!
    I'm the one that gets stuck BBQ'ing for parties or making a main dish.
    My specialties are BBQ steaks, (I'm told mine are the best people have ever had) Lasagna (Italian Grandma's recipe!), and a new one on the list and that's jambalaya. But there's a lot of other things I make that are good too. I love to experiment with my food.
    Luckily my wife and I both love to cook so that makes it fun. My wife's parents are great cooks as well as her sister and we actually planned on opening a Mexican restaurant. It didn't work out but its still a thought.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

<---knows how to cook pretty well! My father was a great cook (still is) and taught me all of what he knows about cooking - especially southern food.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post

My husband doesn't cook dinner. Ever. I even have to remind him to feed the kids in the evenings when I'm not home.

BUT he makes an awesome pancake buffet on the weekends, with all the fixings--from syrup to whipped cream to chocolate to sprinkles. He loves doing that for the kids. Then he makes omelettes for the two of us.

He sucks at BBQ'ing by the way. He used to be good at it, then he tanked the last 5 years and doesn't try anymore. And I'm with whoever says they don't like gas grills--I don't either. The food tastes icky to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast