Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoking

Smoking

Hey, my friend usually smokes in his car and wnats to sell it, whats the best way to get the smell out. If u cant, what are tips to keep the smell out for another car. Like using a spary right after. PLEASE NO: ITS EASY TELL HIM TO STOP SMOKING ANSWERS PLEASE
    5 days a week

Re: Smoking

Good luck- that stuff is stinky and it gets everywhere. Sprays are not likely to be very useful. They just don't work that well. Best bet is not to smoke in the car.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Northwest Disneyphile

I use a combination of an air-freshener (like Fabreze) and having the windows open as much as possible. I usually have good luck with this. Also its important to remember that this take some time to work, so maybe he could cut back on the smoking if he needs the smell out soon.
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• That Guy

I don't smoke, and I can't stand it. I think that it's going to be hard to get it out. Start by ending the exposure, ala him NOT smoking in the car. Air it out often, use Febreeze, and maybe some commercial cleaners. The tricky thing is that the smoke is embedded in the seats, carpet, etc. His best bet may be to sell it to a smoker, who won't care.

• Hiding in the shadows

The first step is to stop smoking in the car ASAP, then buy liquid spray bottles (not aresol,, the ones that look like a windex bottle) of Fabreeze (1 may be big enough, but its a multiday project and depending on how big the car is...well you get it).

Spray down EVERYTHING -literally soak it the first time out- with the Fabreeze (seats, carpets, headliner, visors, anything that is cloth, including in the trunk, and under the seats where possible). Leave windows cracked a small bit or open if possible.

In addition, wipe down all plastic with a kitchen cleaner (something with bleech but that won't stain) and wipe down the interior. Clean all glass with windex (dont forget the rear-view mirror)

Continue with the r every other day, the smell should be virtually gone within a week as long as he doesn't smoke in the car anymore.

A little piece of heaven

• Incognito

Blog Entries

How about stop smoking. Once cigarette smoke is in an upholstery/carpet/wallpaper etc it's basically impossible to get it out.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    How about stop smoking. Once cigarette smoke is in an upholstery/carpet/wallpaper etc it's basically impossible to get it out.
    Uh, Matt. I know you're just recently engaged but wouldn't your fiance be upset that your dorking a shark. Just sayin, you may not want him to see your avatar until after you're married.

• Escaping Reality

actually the best thing I've found to get smoke out of anything is called Renuzit Super Odor Neutralizer. I use it in my house all the time, and the nonsmokers can't even tell I smoke in the house. It comes in two scents but lately all I can find is "Pure Breeze". He also needs to make sure that he opens the windows when he smokes in the car as well as make sure that he does not leave butts in the ashtray; this is generally what that lingering smell is in a car. A friend told me about this when she used her grandmother's care, and I thought she was kidding but I tried it and it really does work.

Quote Originally Posted by njacobus View Post
    PLEASE NO: ITS EASY TELL HIM TO STOP SMOKING ANSWERS PLEASE
    Well...since I can't do that...perhaps I can suggest that he at least watch this classic Disney short:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmjjHkxTItE[/youtube]

Though it's always been difficult for me to determine if Walt was promoting smoking...or discouraging smoking...with it.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Yep, once it's been smoked in, the smoke is there to stay and ANY non-smoker will notice it. No matter how much spray you try. In all likelyhood, your friend will end up selling it to another smoker.... If he's going to smoke, he'd be best off to not do so in his car. Tho' the smoke from his clothing is still going to permeate the car seat.....yeah, even better would be if he didn't smoke at all.....

buy a air freshener and leave the window down for 24 hours, helps everytime

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Have it professionally detailed. But once the sun hits, it will smell all over again.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• rockin butter sponge!

Smoke with the windows down everytime and then open all the windows for about 2 minutes after he smokes while driving.
    Smoking with the windows up is nasty and will ruin ANY car.

Be smart... take it to a Car Spa/ Cleaner... have the upolstry and carpets cleaned... no offense to everyone else here, but DUH!

Have the car professionalyl detailed and all the upholstery shampoo.

Then use one of those ion odor purifiers from Sharper Image, use on a high oxygen setting, will smell like bleach for a day or two but will get rid of the odor. Add an air fresher after a couple of days and it will be good to go.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Here's one I do.....I don't smoke in my car.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast