Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1

    • Material Girl
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    176

    A question for the guys (and girls)...

    This is very junior high, I know, but I really need some help figuring something (or indeed someone) out. I have a guy friend. We hang out with a lot of the same friends. I get some fairly serious vibes that he likes me, not least because a few months back we somewhat drunkenly made out for a while very late one evening. Things got a little awkward after that, partly because I still ahd a boyfriend but we still hang out, and things seem to be back to normal now. However, it's kind of hard for me to tell if he likes me or not (dumb, I know). He tends to hang around where I am, hassles me a bit and a week or two ago there was some serious tickle fight action. No asking out though. This is at a weird time, because I've recently broken up with a very long term boyfriend, who this friend also knew (though not very well). I like this guy a lot, but don't want to make a complete idiot of myself and/or jeoperdise our friendship. Whaddya think?

  2. #2

    • And they call me Mad!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Your Mind
    Posts
    10,962
    Blog Entries
    4
    I say avoid relationships altogether.

    Love, it's a M***** *********.
    What an idiot....

    Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.


  3. #3

    • Material Girl
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    176
    Hehehehe....

  4. #4

    • Scentsy Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the jungle.
    Posts
    5,902
    Blog Entries
    1
    You've got some thinking to do here....if you do end up going out with the tickle monster, then you may get some rebound issues arising. if he is truly digging you, then hopefully he'll come out and just say it (even though in my experience, you gotta dig at it and pry it out of them). I say let it rest for now, don't persue anything, and then if things are still feeling flirty and relationship-y in a little while, then try going to him and see if you can get him to profess his love.

  5. #5

    • I was deleted.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,187
    Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine
    You've got some thinking to do here....if you do end up going out with the tickle monster, then you may get some rebound issues arising. if he is truly digging you, then hopefully he'll come out and just say it (even though in my experience, you gotta dig at it and pry it out of them). I say let it rest for now, don't persue anything, and then if things are still feeling flirty and relationship-y in a little while, then try going to him and see if you can get him to profess his love.
    I agree. Don't give into the temptation of dragging it out of him... let him do it on his own. Much more rewarding and it gives you the upperhand.

  6. #6

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Grafton, WI
    Posts
    2,136
    Yeah, patience is your ally here. Give yourself some time to get over your last BF and give Tickle Monster a chance to get his feelings sorted out. If he knows you just broke up with someone, he might be taking his time to make sure you're over that break up. If that's the case, it'll be worth the wait!

  7. #7

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,256
    He likes you, but his feelings are more sexual-based than long-time-love-based.

    Yes, I am an unlicensed therapist. Take these pills. Found them in my glove compartment. Unlabeled. No idea what they are or what they do. But I'm sure they're the answer to all of your problems.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  8. #8

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    17,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    I say avoid relationships altogether.

    Love, it's a M***** *********.
    Exactly! But if you must...

    a week or two ago there was some serious tickle fight action. No asking out though
    I tickle a lot of the girls I know. I also scare a lot of them as well. That doesn't mean that I like them, although a few of them... yeah. ahem.

    I honestly can't say b/c I don't know either of you, and can't make assumptions. Even though, it's hard, I say "ask". Ask him for an honest answer. Then try and work from there. But asking is the best way to find anything out. Trust me. I know it's hard and embarassing, but do it! You'll feel better and then you can get on with your life.


  9. #9

    • insufferable know-it-all
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    9,648
    How about just walking up to him and saying, "You know I'm availible again, so if you plan on asking me out, you'd best do it right away before I hook up with some less deserving guy", smile and walk away.

    Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...



  10. #10

    • Nice Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    2,470
    Blog Entries
    4
    If you like him, let time take its course. Currently, he still thinks of you as merely a friend with boobbies. I am in a committed relationship and I have female friends on this board that even if I break, I would have a difficult time hooking up with one of them. Eventually, the more time I spent with a female developing my friendship, the bond will get closer. If she were to approach me, she would be placing me in a position that would make me uncomfortable thusly, ending the relationship,
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216





  11. #11

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by UvaGirl
    This is very junior high, I know, but I really need some help figuring something (or indeed someone) out. I have a guy friend. We hang out with a lot of the same friends. I get some fairly serious vibes that he likes me, not least because a few months back we somewhat drunkenly made out for a while very late one evening. Things got a little awkward after that, partly because I still ahd a boyfriend but we still hang out, and things seem to be back to normal now. However, it's kind of hard for me to tell if he likes me or not (dumb, I know). He tends to hang around where I am, hassles me a bit and a week or two ago there was some serious tickle fight action. No asking out though. This is at a weird time, because I've recently broken up with a very long term boyfriend, who this friend also knew (though not very well). I like this guy a lot, but don't want to make a complete idiot of myself and/or jeoperdise our friendship. Whaddya think?
    The situation as I see it...

    1. Yeah, he likes you...

    2. Yeah, he was waiting for you to break up with your boyfriend...

    3. No, he does not want to admit any of this to you because he is emotionally attached... and it ain't cool for a friend to express his emotional attachement... It is a sign of weakness...

    4. The code says, "don't mess with the girlfriend of another guy you know or especially who you like..."

    5. Part of him says, "stick with the code..." The other part says, "to heck with the code, they are only guidelines anyway..."

    6. Your friendship isn't jeapordized, but the signals that everyone is sending may go haywire...

    7. The real question is he what you want? That takes time to figgure out... But I say give him a chance... Because you obviously like him...
    Check out my other blog:

  12. #12

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    All smiles at the DL!
    Posts
    20,517
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    How about just walking up to him and saying, "You know I'm availible again, so if you plan on asking me out, you'd best do it right away before I hook up with some less deserving guy", smile and walk away.
    Indeed!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  13. #13

    • ...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    How about just walking up to him and saying, "You know I'm availible again, so if you plan on asking me out, you'd best do it right away before I hook up with some less deserving guy", smile and walk away.
    Morrigoon gets 2 from me. You forgot to add the "as you walk away, look back and toss your hair" routine.

    But, as I've said before, that sort-o stuff only happens in Mickey's Imagination...

  14. #14

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Busy at the donut store
    Posts
    6,876
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    How about just walking up to him and saying, "You know I'm availible again, so if you plan on asking me out, you'd best do it right away before I hook up with some less deserving guy", smile and walk away.
    Yes, all of that, brilliant! You can afford to be blunt at this point because it's going to be awkward whether you say some anything or not. Might as well just put it out there up front. Good luck!
    A signature should go here.

  15. #15

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Busy at the donut store
    Posts
    6,876
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas
    Morrigoon gets 2 from me. You forgot to add the "as you walk away, look back and toss your hair" routine.
    It's either this, or the whole "you do know how to whistle, don't you? Just put your lips together and blow"-thing.
    A signature should go here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Asking girls/guys out on dates...
    By Disney Wrassler in forum Lost Boys
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 10:14 PM
  2. What's Your Taste? Guys and Girls...
    By DisneyMickey in forum Gibson Girls
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-03-2006, 10:02 AM
  3. Oh my gawd guys....er, I mean girls...get in here!
    By Nephythys in forum Gibson Girls
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 12:55 PM
  4. Gay guys in the girls forum, ya'll ok with it?
    By Olympicnut in forum Gibson Girls
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 02:15 PM
  5. So- we know what the guys want- how about the girls?
    By Nephythys in forum Gibson Girls
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 08:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •